PDA

View Full Version : How annoying.....

DJ Frankie
11-12-2007, 04:27 PM
My debit card snapped last week which had to be cancelled by the bank for some strange reason.
Anyway before that I was just about to purchase a nice silver LCD karaoke monitor which was on sale at CPC for a bargain price of £17.
I have finally got a new card through today after a long wait only to find that the stand has now gone back to its original price.:bang:

Oh well you win some, you lose some, just thought I would get that off me chest.:rolleyes:

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
My debit card snapped last week which had to be cancelled by the bank for some strange reason.
Anyway before that I was just about to purchase a nice silver LCD karaoke monitor which was on sale at CPC for a bargain price of £17.
I have finally got a new card through today after a long wait only to find that the stand has now gone back to its original price.:bang:

Oh well you win some, you lose some, just thought I would get that off me chest.:rolleyes:

Couldn't you have sent them a cheque or made a bank transfer?

DJ Frankie
11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Couldn't you have sent them a cheque or made a bank transfer?

Not too sure maybe!!! :o

rob1963
11-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Frankie,

Surely you don't only own ONE card, especially in these times where most people have a whole pile of cards?

Don't you have a credit card or maybe another debit card for a different account?

If you only have one card and it gets broken, lost or stolen, then you have no back up & you're stuffed...as you discovered.

I have 2 credit cards & 3 different debit cards...you can never be too careful!

Vectis
11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I have 2 credit cards & 3 different debit cards...you can never be too careful!

In the same wallet Rob? :D

DJ Frankie
11-12-2007, 05:01 PM
I know I know its stupid Rob... But believe it or not I only use one card as I dont like to use a credit card as I only like to spend what is in my bank account at that time, I know it sounds crazy but that way I dont get into hundreds of pounds worth of debt which is tooo easy this day and age.

rob1963
11-12-2007, 05:01 PM
In the same wallet Rob? :D

No vectis,

There's no room for any cards in my wallet...it's stuffed completely full with all my hard-earned folding stuff!

:rolleyes:

rob1963
11-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I know I know its stupid Rob... But believe it or not I only use one card as I dont like to use a credit card as I only like to spend what is in my bank account at that time, I know it sounds crazy but that way I dont get into hundreds of pounds worth of debt which is tooo easy this day and age.

Having worked in a bank for 24 years & seen loads of people with all sorts of problems, I completely understand that, Frankie.

However, if I was you I'd open a number two account (with NO overdraft limit), stick about £200 in there & get a debit card for it.

That way, you'll have the benefit of a back up card without having to worry about running up loads of debt...which might be the case if you had a credit card.

:)

DJ Frankie
11-12-2007, 05:32 PM
However, if I was you I'd open a number two account (with NO overdraft limit), stick about £200 in there & get a debit card for it.

:)

Good idea mate, although I would only spend it on DJ gear.... :p

CRAZY K
11-12-2007, 06:37 PM
No vectis,

There's no room for any cards in my wallet...it's stuffed completely full with all my hard-earned folding stuff!

:rolleyes:

Are you working on the business model that keeps prices low for the customers by keeping your overheads minimal by not incurring bank charges?

CRAZY K

Excalibur
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM

What else is there to spend it on?;) ;) :)

rob1963
12-12-2007, 01:01 AM

Doh!

Are you working on the business model that keeps prices low for the customers by keeping your overheads minimal by not incurring bank charges?

CRAZY K

If only that was true, crazy! I only pay in a couple of small deposit cheques each month & take out the money when its cleared...and that racks up charges of about £10-£15 a month!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

What else is there to spend it on?;) ;) :)

A woman, maybe? :P