PDA

View Full Version : DVD Vs CD+G

UltraBeat Entertainment
14-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I have been thinking about entering the karaoke side of business for a while now i have bought 1 or 2 discs to try out to kind of test the water if you would like.
Everywhere i go they sell DVD karaoke and CD+G karaoke discs which format is best/popular? I must say i am thinking about going down the DVD line as i maybe running them from a laptop so i believe DVD would be easier. Would you agree.

Also has anyone got any suggestions on how to start my collection off (as cheap) as i need a fair few tracks to begin with so need to build my collection as i currently only have like 40 tracks:o .

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-12-2007, 12:11 PM
CD+G is more popular generally.

There are loads of collections around to buy - check out Images in Scotland, they do a lot of karaoke gear.

Larry B Entertainment
03-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Also has anyone got any suggestions on how to start my collection off (as cheap) as i need a fair few tracks to begin with so need to build my collection as i currently only have like 40 tracks:o .

I have been wondering the same thing. I have just bought pcdj fx and the KJ plug in so i too am looking at offering karaoke. There is a set of 16 cdg discs on ebay at the moment with 256 classic songs on so im hoping to get that to start with and then a few modern disc's. I think as long as you have a good range of songs you can get by. I would say that 400 - 500 songs would be a good collection.

UltraBeat Entertainment
04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
I will say since i have started this topic i have puchased the following:
Xtreme Proffesional Karaoke Party Pack (12 CD's)
Xtreme Proffesional Karaoke Party Pack 2 (12 CD's)
Xtreme Proffesional Karaoke Party Pack 3 (12 CD's)
(as recommended by other members of this forums)

Link:
http://platterpuss.com/site/Site_Pages/Disc_Packs.htm

These CD+G's are great quality and at a good price. with these packs i have now over 700 karaoke tracks. Highly recomend.

A word of warning when buying CD's from ebay check they are not copies!

Hope this helps

Jays karaoke
15-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Please Rocket, you are disalusioned. 400 - 500 songs for karaoke if you are wanting to be serious about it is far from a good collection. try 4000 - 5000 then you will have an average collection. I'm presuming you will be charging extra for the service and i can't see your customers been best pleased when you turn up with 8 sheets of A4 with a few hundred songs on for the extra money.
I supply both karaoke & disco and have kitted myself out properly i.e good mics, good desk with effects and over 20,000 original tracks which currectly is about 1800 discs. I'm not saying you have to go to the extremities that i have but certainly you need at least 2000 or 3000 songs in your book to make it worth while to you customers.
Anyway, on an advice note i would definately stick to CD+G such as Sunfly,Legends,Zoom etc as they are far better than DVD.

Good Luck

Jay

UltraBeat Entertainment
15-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Please Rocket, you are disalusioned. 400 - 500 songs for karaoke if you are wanting to be serious about it is far from a good collection. try 4000 - 5000 then you will have an average collection. I'm presuming you will be charging extra for the service and i can't see your customers been best pleased when you turn up with 8 sheets of A4 with a few hundred songs on for the extra money.
I supply both karaoke & disco and have kitted myself out properly i.e good mics, good desk with effects and over 20,000 original tracks which currectly is about 1800 discs. I'm not saying you have to go to the extremities that i have but certainly you need at least 2000 or 3000 songs in your book to make it worth while to you customers.
Anyway, on an advice note i would definately stick to CD+G such as Sunfly,Legends,Zoom etc as they are far better than DVD.

Good Luck

Jay

I do understand what you are saying but as you know everybody needs to start somewhere. i would say 400-500 is a good start as you need to take booking to get money to buy more karaoke tracks. how can we build on our collection if we don't have the money to do it?

I've recently seen alot of Startrax CD+G's. Are these any good?