PDA

View Full Version : DJ Show North 2008 - In The City

pdarnett
14-01-2008, 01:36 PM
After two great years in Barnsley, we decided to move up a level this year and so this years DJ Show North will be held at the newly commissioned Saviles Hall at the Royal Armouries in Leeds on Sunday the 27th of July. This brand new exhibition hall was opened late last year by it's namesake, the grandfather of mobile dj'ing Sir Jimmy Savile. This year we had decided that DJ Show North had grown as much as it could at Elsecar and we needed to invest in a bigger and better venue. So we're going to be right in the heart of Leeds, easy motorway/train/plane/bus access, with loads of bars,clubs etc nearby.

As always there's more info at www.djshownorth.co.uk (http://www.djshownorth.co.uk)

more news soon.....

Corabar Steve
14-01-2008, 02:00 PM
I'll be there!

Dragonfly
14-01-2008, 03:03 PM
I will do my very best to be there might book the weekend off and join the Bearded lady hunt round Yorkshire if i may?? :D :D :D

Penfold42
14-01-2008, 03:15 PM
I will do my very best to be there
I feel a cunning plan coming on........:D

Bearded lady hunt
:confused: Didn't know Lincoln was in Leeds.............:D :D :D :D :D :D

I missed it last year due to the MD booking a last minute holiday.........
I've booked it off now........:D :D :D :D

I'll get a thrashing later on.........:eek: :D :D :D

pdarnett
15-01-2008, 08:08 AM
There's a hotel right next door to the venue, I'm trying to negotiate a deal with them at the mo, its a Holiday Inn Express

Penfold42
15-01-2008, 08:12 AM
There's a hotel right next door to the venue, I'm trying to negotiate a deal with them at the mo, its a Holiday Inn Express
Important question....

Has it got a bar.........:D :D :D

Corabar Steve
15-01-2008, 09:41 AM
It's in the middle of Leeds, what does it matter if the hotel has a bar there will be plenty of others around.

Dragonfly
15-01-2008, 09:53 AM
and if it hasnt we shall create one :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
15-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Nobody is coming into my room this time!

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Not sure how I missed this thread yesterday, but I'll be there too.

Penfold42
15-01-2008, 11:31 AM
It's in the middle of Leeds, what does it matter if the hotel has a bar there will be plenty of others around.

Ah, but i'm scared of going into strange city / towns..........:rolleyes:

Adam_F
15-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I should be there too, the last one was a good day out.

Dragonfly
15-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Ah, but i'm scared of going into strange city / towns..........:rolleyes:

I'll hold your hand :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :cool:

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I should be there too, the last one was a good day out.

It was. Not so surre about the evening out in Barnsley though...;)

Adam_F
15-01-2008, 01:39 PM

Ah, well I was sensible, I didn't go to that one. I had a booking on the evening LoL

Penfold42
15-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I'll hold your hand :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :cool:

:run:

:D

Corabar Steve
15-01-2008, 02:11 PM

There sure were some strange people about.

JAMdisco
15-01-2008, 02:45 PM
I should be there unless a HUGE paying gig comes up!

Just had a thought - if Peter (Excalibur) is going we could share fuel costs (or he could drive while I get pi...drunk!)

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2008, 02:51 PM
There sure were some strange people about.

It was the rather 'manly' woman that sticks in my mind...:eek:

Tom
15-01-2008, 04:06 PM
is this show really worth going to. i dont mean that in a nasty but for me its going to be a 4 hour drive, 232.9 miles just to get there.

i wouldnt mind going but is it worth it in the long run???

Dragonfly
15-01-2008, 04:10 PM
is this show really worth going to. i dont mean that in a nasty but for me its going to be a 4 hour drive, 232.9 miles just to get there.

it's well worth it for the networking Tom and last years show was excellent i had a thoroughly enjoyable day :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2008, 04:10 PM

DJSN is a lot bigger than the one we went to on Sunday Tom and yes it is worth it. Most of us that go from the south get cheap rooms and make a night of it.

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2008, 04:11 PM
it's well worth it for the networking Tom and last years show was excellent i had a thoroughly enjoyable day :D :D :D

You were in the bar most of the time...:D

Tom
15-01-2008, 04:17 PM

sounds like a plan. would be nice to meet more forum members and other dj's who share the passion. lol

DJSN is a lot bigger than the one we went to on Sunday Tom and yes it is worth it. Most of us that go from the south get cheap rooms and make a night of it.

cool. but my problem is that i wont be able to stay sunday night. i only have a set amount of days of holiday at work and have booked most of them up already. might be able to pull a few strings but we will see.

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2008, 04:26 PM
And it's your round Tom :lol:

Tom
15-01-2008, 04:29 PM
thats not a problem. :lol:. i was being serious aswell. looks like im going to be very busy from now till then. :lol:

Paul James Promotions
15-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Will come along if not working

Dragonfly
15-01-2008, 04:55 PM
You were in the bar most of the time...:D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I was hard at work I'll have you know promoting this very good forum i joined ........ and oggling morticia :D :D :D

djsteve10
15-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Well guys im looking forward to seeing you all, maybe i can take you all on abit of a bar and club crawl around Leeds, if not the hotel bar sounds like a good plan to me

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Well guys im looking forward to seeing you all

Sure it's not too far? :p

djsteve10
15-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Sure it's not too far? :p

haha well i go to DJ show north every year, Looking forward to meeting all you guys though.

Penfold42
15-01-2008, 07:07 PM
but my problem is that i wont be able to stay sunday night. i only have a set amount of days of holiday at work and have booked most of them up already.
Have you heard of duvet days.....:rolleyes: :D

maybe i can take you all on abit of a bar and club crawl around Leeds
Now were talking.....

Main holiday is in a different month due to MD's work....so that leaves the 27th free.........I have a plan.......:D :D :D

djsteve10
15-01-2008, 07:23 PM

Now were talking.....

Main holiday is in a different month due to MD's work....so that leaves the 27th free.........I have a plan.......:D :D :D

Lots of nice bars and clubs around Leeds,
The MDD Night out we shall call it :P

Excalibur
15-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I should be there unless a HUGE paying gig comes up!

Just had a thought - if Peter (Excalibur) is going we could share fuel costs (or he could drive while I get pi...drunk!)

Even allowing for the fact that you have to drive past my house to get there, yes it's a good idea.;)

For a man who doesn't drink?;) :confused:

You see tom, a man who does drink!:)

Another man who drinks!:D

Well guys im looking forward to seeing you all, maybe i can take you all on abit of a bar and club crawl around Leeds, if not the hotel bar sounds like a good plan to me

Oh dear! :eek:

PS, Don't know if he#s coming, but if he is.........................................

just to show what a nice man I am, I'll buy Rob a drink!!!:eek: :D :D

djsteve10
15-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Think of it this way guys, i dj in Oceana... get us in for free and get a free bar hahahaha

pdarnett
15-01-2008, 08:51 PM
There's a bar in the hotel as far as I know, and Tom if you haven't been before its a great day, have a look at the galleries on our site to see what a great time we have. (well i don't, I just spend all day barking into a walkie talkie and checking spl levels !!)

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Think of it this way guys, i dj in Oceana... get us in for free and get a free bar hahahaha

Free bar? Someone mention a free bar? :D :D :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Penfold42
15-01-2008, 09:08 PM

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :thumbsup: :jumping:

Tom
15-01-2008, 09:35 PM

yeah. i have one every day at work. ;)

For a man who doesn't drink?;) :confused:

well, lots of pepsi anyway. :lol:

There's a bar in the hotel as far as I know, and Tom if you haven't been before its a great day, have a look at the galleries on our site to see what a great time we have. (well i don't, I just spend all day barking into a walkie talkie and checking spl levels !!)

I have had a good look at the website and it does look really good. also been looking at who is going to be there. would be nice to see some of these makes that have hardly been heard off but people talk about them like Brooke (speakers + amps)

Im going to try my best to come up now. Ill check how many days i have left and ill book the monday off so i can stay the night. I was also thinking of brigning my other half. she is no dj but if she see's a light she likes (as a customer/client point of view) then i may look in to it. She is 18 so she can join in all this drinking fun.

Maby somone could bring a dvd series of Dallas and play the good old game called "Drink along with dallas" and see who wins. lol.

Penfold42
15-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Maby somone could bring a dvd series of Dallas and play the good old game called "Drink along with dallas" and see who wins. lol.

:confused: ...new one on me......

Tom
15-01-2008, 09:41 PM
:confused: ...new one on me......

well, every time they have a drink you have a drink. if you know bill bailey then you should know this.

in dallas they drink all the time so at the end of 30 mins you will feel another meaning of feeling drunk. lol.

pdarnett
15-01-2008, 11:50 PM
remember the exhibitor list on the site is last years but most will probably be coming back this year as well as a few more..

Muppet treasure island drinking game is better

take a drink every time an inanimate object speaks and whenever there's a song

JAMdisco
16-01-2008, 07:24 AM
or... what about "drink along with Corrie" or "Eastenders"

I have an adult drinking game called Passout which is fun! Best bit is, on the instructions it says "not to be used with alcoholic beverages". Best get-out clause I've ever heard.

Corabar Steve
16-01-2008, 08:35 AM
It was the rather 'manly' woman that sticks in my mind...:eek:Yes, the one that would've looked at home in a WWF Steel Cage Match

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-11157.gif (http://planetsmilies.net):approve:

flatliners
16-01-2008, 10:14 PM
well count me in because plasa last year was pants and a night out in leeds sounds tickerty boo

ian8limelight
17-01-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll be there!

Me too, had a wonderful time last year :beer1: :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Especially with your bargain of the day....:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/daz35/30072007040Small.jpg

ian8limelight
17-01-2008, 06:59 PM

And who is that handsome chap ????? ;) My wife found that gift very useful for the kids bikes :D

Penfold42
17-01-2008, 07:00 PM

...so where did he get the cheap ciggies from then.....??

djsteve10
17-01-2008, 08:35 PM
well count me in because plasa last year was pants and a night out in leeds sounds tickerty boo

Oh yes going to be a wild one i think.!!

Dragonfly
17-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes, the one that would've looked at home in a WWF Steel Cage Match

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-11157.gif (http://planetsmilies.net):approve:

think you'll find thats WWE steve unless the Americans are now pitting pandas against one another in the squared circle :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
18-01-2008, 08:05 AM
I know what I meant & from what era

Excalibur
18-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Returning to the less frightening world of this years show, ( hopefully) as far as I can guarantee, myself and probably Justin( Jay Dee) will be making the trip. Should anyone roughly on a line between Beverley and Leeds need transport, I'm sure room could be found.

pdarnett
18-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Nice to see the change to Leeds is being welcomed, fretted about it a bit and whether it was worth the extra outlay for a city centre venue, but all seems positive so far.

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Nice to see the change to Leeds is being welcomed, fretted about it a bit and whether it was worth the extra outlay for a city centre venue, but all seems positive so far.

You paying for the parking then Arnett? :boxer2:

Corabar Steve
19-01-2008, 02:21 AM

Would've prefered Sheffield myself

Excalibur
19-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Would've prefered Sheffield myself

Total agreement there Steve. ( Especially as family there means free bed for the night ;) :D )

pdarnett
19-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Tried for Sheffield, but couldn't get a venue within our budget.

ian8limelight
19-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Tried for Sheffield, but couldn't get a venue within our budget.

Oh well, we can't have everything. I'm looking forward to seeing what bargains I can get in the local petrol stations in Leeds !!!!! :eek: :D

djsteve10
19-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh well, we can't have everything. I'm looking forward to seeing what bargains I can get in the local petrol stations in Leeds !!!!! :eek: :D

Plenty of bargains to be had down here Ian,
Plus if you can bring the family and send them around the Royal Armouries while your at the DJ Show.

ian8limelight
19-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Plenty of bargains to be had down here Ian,
Plus if you can bring the family and send them around the Royal Armouries while your at the DJ Show.

Kids are too young to drink :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

pdarnett
19-01-2008, 06:33 PM
You paying for the parking then Arnett? :boxer2:

hows does that work then, we pay loads more for the venue AND then pay everyone's parking?? :) :)

I should put you on the show team with business acumen like that !!!:p :p

djsteve10
20-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Well i am looking forward to it this year, So will you be at the NADJ meeting then Paul down @ Seans shop?

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-01-2008, 01:12 PM
I should put you on the show team with business acumen like that !!!:p :p

Well, I appear to be the right size....

If you need a Southern co-ordinator, you have my number. ;)

pdarnett
20-01-2008, 01:47 PM
I should be at Sean's shop on the 3rd of March, representing the show, and of course supporting my fellow NADJ members

djsteve10
20-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I should be at Sean's shop on the 3rd of March, representing the show, and of course supporting my fellow NADJ members

Be sure to see you there again then,
You will have to bring the bose sometime again lol, that was a good demo you gave on that i have to say.

pdarnett
20-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Got two of them now !! When the meetings kick back in again I'll maybe do another demo, got an iDJ2 to demo as well now!

djsteve10
20-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh nice, ive played on IDJ2 but not for me, stick to my good old Pc system with the Numark DMC2 controller,
I bet 2 bose systems sounds the doggs

pdarnett
21-01-2008, 12:49 PM
I thought the IDJ2 would be a bit of a toy, but its a doddle to use, hasn't crashed yet and just seems to work. The only swine is ripping my entire cd collection!!

djsteve10
21-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I thought the IDJ2 would be a bit of a toy, but its a doddle to use, hasn't crashed yet and just seems to work. The only swine is ripping my entire cd collection!!

Sounds good,
Im sure you once said to me you was pure and would never go digital :p

flatliners
20-03-2008, 10:05 AM
why not next year have the dj show north in newcastle upon tyne and its the best night out in the uk

Penfold42
20-03-2008, 01:56 PM
why not next year have the dj show north in newcastle upon tyne and its the best night out in the uk

I'm all for that......but have you enough friends to translate for us...! :boxer2:

Adam_F
09-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Well, I've been advised on this hotel for the Sunday night: http://www.etaphotel.com/etaphotel/fichehotel/gb/etp/6002/fiche_hotel.shtml Only £35 a night too, and close to the venue. Think this is alot cheaper than the one on site.

pdarnett
10-04-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm still trying to get a deal with the on-site hotel, i'll let you all know, but the Etap hotel is within 5mins walk away

Adam_F
10-04-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm still trying to get a deal with the on-site hotel, i'll let you all know, but the Etap hotel is within 5mins walk away

Yeah, I was advised on the Etap one as they thought the ones are site were at least tripple the cost, so my guessings were you wouldn't be able to do that good of a deal, or can you? :D
I've been told the Etap is good enough, and if its good enough for the Pioneer Pro DJ that advised me on it, then its ok for me LoL