PDA

View Full Version : Price Structure

DJWilson
21-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi,

i was just starting to do my price structure and im not sure how to charge.

anyone got any ideas?

Vectis
21-01-2008, 04:59 PM
1. Decide how much you'll "get out of bed for" - ie. the minimum amount you'd be happy with.

2. Decide how much you'd be "over the moon with" - ie. the maximum you think your service is worth.

Then pitch two levels of service - your basic disco at #1 and your basic disco plus other services (for example, I offer a much bigger rig, choice of lighting, customer meeting, online requests, video recording, video playback etc. etc.) at #2.

DON'T take gigs paying less than #1 because you'll not put your heart into it.

ASPIRE to getting #2 for each and every gig.

Actually settle for somewhere inbetween!

Above all else, don't be guided by the £50 local guys in the yellow pages. Decide what you're worth and stick to it. The work is there if you're good at the job and put 110% into every gig. You won't for £50 - you'll be mediocre, just like all those other guys in the YP....

Danno13
21-01-2008, 05:10 PM
This has been done over and over again on here, please use the search function or look through this section of the forum (where i've moved this thread to..)

DJWilson
21-01-2008, 06:19 PM
would you recommend a small medium and large set-up price set on a 4hour disco and then work out 5,6,7 and etc..

Vectis
21-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Personally I offer three levels of service. The amount of equipment flexes according to venue rather than by how much the customer is willing to pay, although that does have some bearing on things of course.

So my packages are basically thus:

VectisVibe Junior - basic rig for smaller private parties, nothing fancy - just a disco with a bunch of lights - we turn up about an hour before the gig, play some tunes, flash some lights, get paid, go home.

VectisVibe Premier - better rig with more up-to-date lighting, higher powered sound system, customer meetings, video/visuals etc.

VectisVibe Platinum - a full project managed service with early setup, all-day availability, optional video recording, venue liaison etc.

Where I operate is also very seasonal. During the summer all the cheap & nasty DJs are trawling the holiday hotel circuit for £50 a night, leaving the weddings and such to those such as me better able to cater for them.

During the winter, when the hotels are closed or not running entertainment every night, and of course not so many weddings, pickings can be thinner and so prices go down.

So my pricing structure is very complex, hence I have an online quote generator that asks a bunch of questions and spits out a price. I do publish price 'ranges' and "From" pricing as headliners.

Sorry... it's not an easy answer! Feel free to have a play with my quote generator to see the kinds of things that influence my pricing. The total line towards the bottom of the page changes each time you alter a selection. http://www.vectisvibe.com/easyestimates/Qtopplat.php

daz226
21-01-2008, 10:15 PM
what program do you use for the quotes as i would like that for my website it works really well and looks very professional

Vectis
21-01-2008, 10:34 PM
what program do you use for the quotes as i would like that for my website it works really well and looks very professional

http://www.sizzlingwebdesign.com/easyest/

Try out the online demo first to see if you can "get on" with it - it's not the easiest product to get your head around!! But once you've cracked it, it's a doddle.

nigelwright7557
24-01-2008, 12:50 PM
I do discos for fun.

I already own the gear and CD's so there is no outlay now maybe just the occdasional new CD and fuel to gigs.

I did my last gig for £75.
Just out of interest I rang another local disco for a quote on the same gig and he wanted £185.

My gear was certainly loud enough and I had plenty of lights so iwasnt cutting corners to provide a cheap night.

I can only guess the £50 a night lads are doing many more gigs to make it worth their while.

Personally I prefer quality to quantity.
A gig up a few flights of stairs spoils it for me or a gig where I dont like the music I have to play is also out.
So I tend to pick and choose what gigs I want.