PDA

View Full Version : most requested/popular karaoke songs

axeman
24-01-2008, 02:33 PM
here's one for the Karaoke DJs, what are your most requested and therefore popular karaoke songs,

Ive noticed girls like to sing

I will survive
girls just wanna have fun

and for duets
paradise by the dashboard light

men seem to like ...
neil diamond - crakclin rose
elvis - suspicious minds

UltraBeat Entertainment
24-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Huge karaoke requests for me are:

Girls
Aqua - Barbie Girl
Abba - Dancing Queen
Abba - Mumma Mia
Or any other Abba:confused:

Boys/Men (if you can get them to sing)
Rod Stuart - Maggie May
Queen

dmckaraoke
19-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Big requests...

Proud Mary - Tina Turner
Sweet Caroline - Neil iamond

Paradise by the Dashboard.................Ahhh hate that song even when i need to nip to the loo its way too long is there a Ver. shorter than 8mins

Spirits High
19-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Big requests...

Paradise by the Dashboard.................Ahhh hate that song even when i need to nip to the loo its way too long is there a Ver. shorter than 8mins

If there is can I have a copy please!!

KaraokeDJ
21-02-2008, 09:07 PM
If there is can I have a copy please!!

Me too!!!

axeman
27-02-2008, 03:21 PM
i have a version with the mid song ramblings edited down, but its still a long song not sure if its under 8 mins or not i'll check and get back to you both.

DK Karaoke
01-03-2008, 01:04 AM
For me its in the following order.

Men
Suspicious Minds - Elvis
Paradise by the Dash Board Light - most meatloaf
Mack the Knife

Women
My heart will go on - Celine Dion
Greatest love of all - Whitney Houstom

I have one disc which seems to be used nearly all the time, has most of the above on it and had to replace it seven times!!!!!

UltraBeat Entertainment
03-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Men:
Queen - We Will Rock You
Elton John - Your Song

Women
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
Atomic Kitten - Tide Is High

DJmissbehaving
05-03-2008, 04:29 PM
dire straits- walk of life
pointer sisters- i'm so excited

DazzyD
08-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Recently, it's been mostly Valerie by Mark Ronson/Amy Winehouse (women) and Big Girl by Mika has cropped up a few times from the lads but still get the classic requests of:

Women
I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor) - my most hated song of all time!
Dancing Queen (Abba)
9 to 5 (Dolly Parton)

Men
Angels (Robbie Williams)
Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
Mustang Sally (Commitments)

and duets
Paradise(By The Dashboard Light) (Meatloaf)
Islands In The Stream (Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers)
Something Stupid (Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman)

I'm sure all KJs out there can relate to these choices!

KaraokeDJ
03-08-2008, 12:21 PM
At the monent "Bleeding Love", "Take a Bow", and "Now You're Gone" are some of the most popular with the girls.

BeerFunk
03-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Yep, it always seems to be the same old standard songs every karaoke you go to... although I can't recall anyone doing 'Islands In The Stream' - that would make a nice change.

When I was in Prague recently, we managed to find what must have been the only karaoke bar in the area, and still it was the same songs! There was a group of ****ney lads there, so there was a bit of banter between us and them, and the mass 'Sweet Caroline' sing-along was inevitable :D

KaraokeDJ
04-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Abba songs are popular at the moment too - due to the new production and album sales I suppose.

501damian501
05-08-2008, 01:34 PM
or maybe why dont you purchase the most wanted cdgs from sunfly or even the sunfly hits, very good imo, cheers damian

Nile
06-08-2008, 05:29 PM
you know just goes to show wherever you are in the country, they all ask for the same old crap!
Paradise comes up every week,
as does elvis
as does diamond
Argghhh!!!!!!
valerie also - but at least MOST of the time you get someone half decent doin it.
ttfn
Nile

djsteve10
06-08-2008, 05:43 PM
At a karaoke job i stand in now and again at a pub the songs are:

Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me
Christina Aquilera - Fighter
Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark

These are religously sung each week, even by a different person.

KaraokeDJ
06-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me
Christina Aquilera - Fighter
Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark

That's different! I love it when DIFFERENT people do the regular songs. Get a bit fed up with the same people doing the same songs every week. Which is why I stopped doing regular pub nights. There wasn't as much fun as meeting a new bunch of people in different places doing different songs.

DazzyD
06-08-2008, 09:31 PM
That's different! I love it when DIFFERENT people do the regular songs. Get a bit fed up with the same people doing the same songs every week. Which is why I stopped doing regular pub nights. There wasn't as much fun as meeting a new bunch of people in different places doing different songs.

Funny that. That's the exact same reason I didn't renew my last residency contract. I got tired of the same old people singing the same old songs - badly!

Now, personally, I only do the one-offs such as weddings, engagements, one-off pub nights. That's not to say that Lightning don't have residencies because we do - I just leave them to others! One of the perks of being the boss!

KaraokeDJ
06-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I only do the one-offs...

Don't blame you. I have a blast at private parties etc., doing karaoke. Much easier to have a great 'party atmosphere' with a crowd who are there to really enjoy a one-off event rather than a crowd doing the same old same old Friday night pub crawl.

DazzyD
06-08-2008, 10:22 PM
A few of my past residencies have been karaoke discos in fun-pubs where people are usually up for a good time and I did enjoy doing some of them. But I prefer parties where the complete range of age groups from the kids to the grannies are there. It's a challenge pleasing everyone but I've found that I have a talent for doing just that. As I've said before, I'm a family man who grew up on family parties so I'm right at home doing what I do! :)

The_Blue_Dragon
18-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I cant do Karaoke yet as a KJ but I do enjoy going to my local for some karaoke. It did get boring when we all used to sing the same songs so now we play a game.

You have to open the book at a random page, then the land lady picks a page (left or right) and everyone has to sing a song from that page.

We used to make people pick a random CD then a track but people were remembering the CD number and Track number of there fav songs

KaraokeDJ
19-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I cant do Karaoke yet as a KJ but I do enjoy going to my local for some karaoke. It did get boring when we all used to sing the same songs so now we play a game.

You have to open the book at a random page, then the land lady picks a page (left or right) and everyone has to sing a song from that page.

We used to make people pick a random CD then a track but people were remembering the CD number and Track number of there fav songs

Sounds like 'kamikazee karaoke' to me.
Great when there's a lot of people up for it. Lots of fun!

The_Blue_Dragon
19-09-2008, 11:15 AM
There is always a large group of people up for it and it is a great laugh.

DazzyD
26-09-2008, 02:02 AM
We started doing this a few years ago. It was NYE and I was using a 300+1 disc CD changer. People who wanted to take part would put their names in the hat and one would be drawn at random. Then, the Random button on the machine was pressed which picked a disc and track at random (believe it or not!) and the person had to (try!) and sing the song. If they didn't know it they had to improvise! Those who did a good job and were entertaining (decided by the level of applause) won a free drink. We called it Karaoke Russian Roulette due to the spinning of the CD-changer rack. Great fun!