PDA

View Full Version : Help with key changing units

MATT08
11-02-2008, 07:40 PM
hi all,
I just got the vocopro DKC 100 in the post today and very disappointed
ok a key changer is supposed to change the key track playback and you can sing in your own comfortable range without the sound of the music going all weird and funny, but this is what`s happening with my machine , i already have the blue laser DVG888U and this has a key changing facility built in but same senario with the music , this is why i bought voco pro please help

UltraBeat Entertainment
12-02-2008, 08:15 AM
music going all weird

Can you please expand on this not totaly sure what you mean.

MATT08
12-02-2008, 09:10 AM
hey there, ok i`ll try to explain as best i can, i put in lets say xtreme karaoke disc to my Blue laser player and play a track leaving my voco pro in standard mode key and all is fine every instrument is in perfect pitch and sounds great, but if i drop the voco pro down a key it sounds as if some of the instruments are totally out of tune, this is really noticable with the track come on eileen dexys midnight runners, you know at the start of the song it has violins playing and when played with no key change it`s perfect, but if you drop a key or up a key the volins sounds terrible as if there totally out of tune
someone must have noticed this , it can`t be just me, do you understand now what`s happening i can`t really explain it any better

UltraBeat Entertainment
12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
To be honest it dosen't seem like there is anything you can do as its the way the player de-codes the disc. have you ever had the problem with any other players?
Have a look through the players settings and see if theres anything in there.

MATT08
12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks for getting back to me so quick, this is the first time i have set up karaoke on stand alone players, i have been using laptop up to now, but you now understand whats going on ? by the way do you know the key changing machine i`m on about, i have also rang images2 uk where i purchased the machine and they have yet to get back to me.

UltraBeat Entertainment
13-02-2008, 08:34 AM
To be honest i'm not totaly sure what equipment you are using. If you would like to post a link i'll have a look for you but not sure how much i can help.
I think i understand your problem and this should only happen when you have changed the key the the max or min of the machines capabilities.

DK Karaoke
13-02-2008, 05:17 PM
hi all,
I just got the vocopro DKC 100 in the post today and very disappointed
ok a key changer is supposed to change the key track playback and you can sing in your own comfortable range without the sound of the music going all weird and funny, but this is what`s happening with my machine , i already have the blue laser DVG888U and this has a key changing facility built in but same senario with the music , this is why i bought voco pro please help

Hi, Just noticed your comment, and I know about this problem. A lot is to do with the player and the majority is to do with the way the tracks were made. If they were produced using snyths (not real instruments) then you will find this problem always. You will find some tracks can be changed without much variation, but not all.
The machine doesn't really change the key, it just slows down the music, giving the appearance of changing the key. You have to pay top dollar if you want a machine that will change the key, while maintaining the tempo as well.

If you find such a karaoke player, then please do let me know, as I have tried them all, with no such luck. The only one that seemed to do this without any problem, was the old JVC, but that is not made anymore and before anyone says (the NEO is not a replacement).

I still have an original JVC, but with technology now it does not progressively read the graphics, so need to move on.

Hope this helps

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I've still got a triple drawer JVC kicking around somewhere. Why do you think the RSQ is not as good or a replacement?

MATT08
13-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Iwas on to the main company that supplies the voco pro DKC 100 PRO and got onto tecnichal and they gave me a full run down on the machine, it should do exactly what i want it to do, as i said before the one track i have noticed was come on eileen dexys midnight runners the voilins at the start, lads how eeird it sounded when i dropped one step, xtreme pro pack one was the cdgs i used and
one reply here was telling me if the cdg is synt made it is possibe that changing key will make it go funny, but anyway the company stand over this machine 100%, so they ased me to try it with a good few tracks and get back to them, i`m just in the middle of that now, i`ll let ye know the outcome

DK Karaoke
15-02-2008, 03:40 PM
I've still got a triple drawer JVC kicking around somewhere. Why do you think the RSQ is not as good or a replacement?

I also got the triple drawer, and the single drawer. The triple drawer doesn't seem to be as good, maybe because it takes just as long to load another disc with the 3 drawer as it would doing it by hand with the single drawer.

I tried the RSQ Neo and sent it back, problems loading, it didn't seem to read all the discs, particularly the new SBI, who use dissolving graphics.

Incidentally I was surfing the net recently and noticed a JVC machine that was available in the states, saying its still being produced by JVC? Thought I read it wrong, but either another company has bought the rights etc., or its not really produced by JVC. Am going to investigate further.

By the way Darren, any further forward with the digital license etc., as you can now download Sunfly and burn to disc on run from PC, with apparent rights to use it etc. Sorry to highjack this thread, but it seems appropriate subject matter.

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-02-2008, 04:06 PM
By the way Darren, any further forward with the digital license etc., as you can now download Sunfly and burn to disc on run from PC, with apparent rights to use it etc. Sorry to highjack this thread, but it seems appropriate subject matter.

We are waiting on the MCPS, but the karaoke has been discussed.

As soon as I know anything, it will be reported here.