PDA

View Full Version : Speech Software

DJ Frankie
20-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi Guys

Does anyone know of any good / free software that allows me to record speech onto my PC? ;)

steveparadox
20-02-2008, 07:27 PM
You could use Windows Sound recorder

UltraBeat Entertainment
21-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Think this may do the trick:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It's free and full of features. if i remember correctly when i used it last you could select mic for the input, edit it, then save it in many different formats.

hope this helps.

just notice your from Somerset. Snap! What parts you from DJ Frankie?

DJ Frankie
21-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Think this may do the trick:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It's free and full of features. if i remember correctly when i used it last you could select mic for the input, edit it, then save it in many different formats.

hope this helps.

just notice your from Somerset. Snap! What parts you from DJ Frankie?

Hello mate, I live in Weston Super Mare but work up in Filton during the day. What part of Bristol you from?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Frankie

UltraBeat Entertainment
21-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Hello mate, I live in Weston Super Mare but work up in Filton during the day. What part of Bristol you from?

Whats The Chances.

I Live in Bristol (Portishead) and i work in Weston:).

DJ Frankie
21-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Whats The Chances.

I Live in Bristol (Portishead) and i work in Weston:).

Wow what a small world, the majority of my disco work though is located in and around the Bristol area, dont pick up anything in Weston. What about you?

UltraBeat Entertainment
21-02-2008, 12:56 PM
To be honest most of my work comes from surrounding areas like pill, nailsea, portbury, clevedon. Do a few around bristol (mostly north bristol around yate and so) but have recently started moving into weston its self.

It's good to talk to a DJ in our area. Where do you get most of your equipment from???

DJ Frankie
21-02-2008, 01:55 PM
I used to buy bits from a chap in weston who had a shop calle Nite Works but he closed down. If I get the chance Ill pop up to Oasis Sound and Light in Bristol, but these days its all online. What about yourself?

UltraBeat Entertainment
21-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh i remember Niteworks. used to be opposite tesco. went in there once and seen him out DJing once. For some reason we didn't get on to well.

Pretty much all my equipment has come from oasis to be honest and a few bits online like yourself.

I've recently lost the DJ i used to pass any extra work onto due to illness so currently have no DJ's in the area to pass work onto. What kind of price do you charge for a standard night if you don't mind me asking as i could pass any extra work onto your self if you like (and not too expensive:rolleyes:)

Do you have a website???

DJ Frankie
21-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Oh i remember Niteworks. used to be opposite tesco. went in there once and seen him out DJing once. For some reason we didn't get on to well.

Pretty much all my equipment has come from oasis to be honest and a few bits online like yourself.

I've recently lost the DJ i used to pass any extra work onto due to illness so currently have no DJ's in the area to pass work onto. What kind of price do you charge for a standard night if you don't mind me asking as i could pass any extra work onto your self if you like (and not too expensive:rolleyes:)

Do you have a website???

Yeah thats the chap, I think hhe was so expensive that no one hardly purchased from him.

My website is http://www.subsonicdiscos.co.uk any extra work would be great and visa versa.
My fee depends on the gig really but drop me an email and we may even be able to meet up for a beer. :beer1:

UltraBeat Entertainment
21-02-2008, 03:29 PM
E-Mail sent look forwards to hearing from you:)