PDA

View Full Version : 9th March Speaker Meet Update

5tatman
19-02-2008, 06:43 PM
hi all some of you might know me from other places on the web, will post more later but just letting everyone know we are having a speaker meet at coalville on sunday the 9th march. we had one 18months ago and was great way of hearing lots of diffrent systems in one place, we also mixed and matched later on which again was very enlightening.

if you're looking to buy new p.a. stuff this year come on down.

12midday till 6. possibly later. £5 entry. there is a bar, and resturunt and quitea few of us are staying over for a little drinky winky.

so a great social side to it as well.

here are all the details you'll need.

the owners of these systems have said they are coming, but obviously i can not guarnetee this. i will try and kepp this thread updated of any one dropping out or added.

these are the systems currently coming.

Bose 802's & RCF 705A/S sub

Turbosound TXD 121's & 115's

RCF ART 322A active tops & 2x RCF ART 705

Martin Audio ICT300's + ICS300's

Bose 802's + Scott Subs

Deltec BX16F's & Deltec CX1's

DB TECH OPERA 210 and DB TECHsub 05

Lems d400 + matching subs, (not sure on the model)

DAP pro sound mate 1

HZs z500

HK Audio Premium pro 12” tops +18” bins

Martin Audio F12 + S18's

E.A.W fr129 + fr250z

EV rx115/75 + EV rx218 powered by

JBL PRX512 +PRX518

RCF TT system
Funktion One Res 2, Res 4 & F218

d&b Q1, Q7, Q-sub, B2-sub

being held here..
http://www.thecharnwoodarms.co.uk/

there is a s/h stall as well, so if you want to sell or pick up a bargin come on down.

ther emight be pat stall as well. need to clarify this.

so spread the word and hopefully i'll see you down there

Cheers

Dave

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi Dave and welcome

You might want to say hello in the newbies and watch my pint...(private joke!)

groovy-nights
19-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Dave i am bring my mackie srm-450s and w-audio 8a's

martink
19-02-2008, 06:58 PM
No thanks, I've heard it will be full of wierdos:D

Danno13
19-02-2008, 07:01 PM
All these new members and no proper introductions.... :eek: :D

martink
19-02-2008, 07:03 PM
You know what, I have posted here previously but see my post count is one, hmm...

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-02-2008, 07:08 PM
You know what, I have posted here previously but see my post count is one, hmm...

2....:D

Welcome Martin. :)

martink
19-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Now it's 3 and before this gets out of hand I'll nip over to the newbies section and do a little intro:)

sandysounds
19-02-2008, 07:55 PM
you beat me to it Dave!!!! And now I've got my full set of lems bins and tops...will be bring them along too!

A1DL
19-02-2008, 08:05 PM
d&b Q1, Q7, Q-sub, B2-sub

http://www.8ball.co.uk/productimages/25796-2.jpg

martink
19-02-2008, 08:33 PM
These are good fun, with a great social/networking aspect and of course the beer:beer1:

jamesh
19-02-2008, 08:33 PM
was using Q7's and Qsubs on Monday and wasn't too impressed with them to be honest... but that's a whole other topic for another time.... :D will still hopefully be coming dave... :D Might have to work first though!

blitz
19-02-2008, 09:28 PM
whats happened to the other forum anyway guys, anytime i try to go on there is an error message?

Andy Goodtimes
19-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm looking forward to this event very much as it is an amazing collection of sound systems being demonstrated under one roof, the venue is a decent size too so it will give a true representation of what the systems really will sound like out on the road. The social side is something not to be missed either and the breakfast the following morning...well, that's something to really look forward to.

Andy Goodtimes
19-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Just wondered if anyone has booked to stay over at the speaker meet on 9 March...I could do with sharing with someone to keep the cost down a bit...any offers?

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Sandy's going...:sj:

Andy Goodtimes
19-02-2008, 10:20 PM
That's me sorted then :)

A1DL
19-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Sandy's going...:sj:

Daz, if anyone else said that, you'd have told them to behave!!! ;) :D :D

sandysounds
19-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Just wondered if anyone has booked to stay over at the speaker meet on 9 March...I could do with sharing with someone to keep the cost down a bit...any offers?

its ok Andy......i've already booked a room for the two of us

5tatman
19-02-2008, 10:32 PM
sorry for the lack of introductions for those who don't know me. i just needed to get the word out about the speaker meet as the intial place of hosting has collapsed.

don't worry, i'll try not to be a too bigger pain in the 'arris

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Daz, if anyone else said that, you'd have told them to behave!!! ;) :D :D

It's a little joke from the other forum. ;)

Adam_F
19-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Andy,

How much were the rooms? Weren't there meant to be a deal, or did that not happen in the end?

Andy Goodtimes
19-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Joke...what you on about...at least I hope not or I'm sleeping in the van.

Andy Goodtimes
19-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Not sure as Sandy booked it, think it was a fiver off to us.

sandysounds
19-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Andy,

How much were the rooms? Weren't there meant to be a deal, or did that not happen in the end?

if you say you are there for the DJ meet the rooms are at the reduced price of £35 for a double room

groovy-nights
19-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Groovy-nights Aka Geordie Not sure if i am staying over

Adam_F
19-02-2008, 10:56 PM
if you say you are there for the DJ meet the rooms are at the reduced price of £35 for a double room

Cheers Sandy,

Not too bad then. Still have not decided for sure yet, as I don't think I can get the Monday off work, as I've been booking various odd days for forthcoming shows this year already!

Daryll
19-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I will be booking a twin room for myself and Mrs Daryll this weekend.
I think that`s a good price ( compared with down here on the coast).

Daryll

Daryll
19-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi Geordie.

Yep, I`ll be going with my wife, and staying over on the Sunday night.
just a thought but...Last time my car did 166 miles...it was on the back of an AA lorry :D :D

Daryll

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I was thinking about it, but I can't now as I have a staff party to do (a freebie too!)

Paul James Promotions
20-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Might try and and make this. Maybe even bring a system :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-02-2008, 12:45 AM
The Stasys? :sj:

Paul James Promotions
20-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Might be a little unfair that :(

Andy Goodtimes
20-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Jamie; it would be good if you can come, not just to hear your system, it would be nice to meet after chatting on the phone just before Christmas...The social aspect of this meet up promises to be good too...Do your best!

I think I am right in saying that the rooms are sold on a room only basis, breakfast is available at the price of £5 for Continentel or £7 English, however, I am reliably informed that there is a rather good diner/caravan nearby that does a breakfast to kill for.

Geordie...there will be lots there that you know. Off top of me head there will be me, Dave, Jeff, Deon, Pete, Cav, Sandy, Nick, Dave Singleton, I think Danno and James...come on Dave help me out, I've gone blank now.

Some real top drawer systems too.

martink
20-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Looking to bum a lift if anyone's going from Surrey/London way?:D

Peter Lockwood
20-02-2008, 03:53 PM
just booked my room :)

Andy Goodtimes
20-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Pete...I know you normally turn in early so if you end up next to us we'll keep the noise down :p ;)

5tatman
22-02-2008, 06:11 PM
so this is the revised list of systems . at this presant moment in time, that is it. i belive someone form another firum wanted to bring some. so i think 20 is the max. if anyone at anytime decides that they can't make it can they please let me know for 2 reasons.
1 - let someone else bring theirs

2 - someone might be cominig specifically to hear that system, so at least they can be warned before hand that it ain't coming.

i have been asked if it is ok to store equipment in the room over night the answer is yes. there is no function on the monday so we can use the hall as a store room.

i have just booked my room, and just to let you know that you don't need to pay today, just reserve, pay on the day so good news there as well. £35 if you mention the pseaker meet - breakfast not included but you can get at the resturaunt or over at a grease bar, but it's meant to be good.

i also need door staff for the day. i have only had 1 person say they will watch the door, i think we need another 3/4 at least. doing 1hr stints the more people the less time each has. so any one bringing older children / wifes / etc or just volunter yourselves that would be great.

hopefully something will be comfirmd next week regarding some sort of advertising / sponser, if this goes ahead then the fee will be £5 per head - if not it might have to be raised a bit to make sure of costs covered. will keep you all informed as and when.

so come on people spread the word lets get that room full.

Cheers

p.s. can those people bringing 2 systems please let me know if it turn to one system as i am counting it as a slotted time space. thanks

Tech - Bose 802's fired on an EP2500 & RCF 705A/S subwoooofer.

Darlo - Turbosound TXD 121's & 115's powered by Nexus Ultralite 1.5 amps

Twinspin - RCF ART 322A active tops & 2x RCF ART 705 active subwoofers

Pee Cee - Martin Audio ICT300's + ICS300's & 2x Crown XTi's

Les - Bose 802's + Scott Subs & 2x PPX900's

Big Daddy - Deltec BX16F's & Deltec CX1's powered by a single QSC PLX2-3602

pottypete - DB TECHNOLOGIES OPERA 210 and DB TECHNOLOGIES sub 05

Sandysounds - Lems d400, Lem T5 subs, HZs z500

5tatman - HK Audio Premium pro's 12+18's powered of ECLER APA2000

JeffWoodXXX - Martin Audio F12's + S18's powered by a single Matrix STR3000

topnotch - eaw fr129 + fr250z and also EV rx115/75 + EV rx218 powered by mc2 2 x mc1250 + dbx driverack,

RCF TT sytem

Dave Singleton - Funktion One Res 2, Res 4 & F218 powered by FFA amps or Crests

d&b Q1, Q7, Q-sub, B2-sub powered by d&b D12's.

Barry - B52 Maxtrix 1000 active system.

TopHouse, EV SX300's EV Force i 18" subs EV and QSC amps and EV crossover. VDJ system.

Geordie...Mackey SRM450s & W Audio PSR8s.

Andy...JBL PRX12Ms & 18 subs.

Paul James Promotions
22-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Couple of questions....

Is there any limit / guideline to systems used? I originally thought that we were looking at small compact systems, but see that there is quite a large FK1 rig coming along.

Also, will there be a single mixing console / playback or does each participant bring their own? Is it a case of bring along the music you think shows your system at its best?

Jamie

5tatman
22-02-2008, 11:05 PM
no there isn't any guidline as such. most fot he systems are your 'average' 4cab /3cab combinations. yes there is some heavy duty stuff ,but given the opurtunity it will nice to hear how they fair along side more reasonable priced items.

you can bring your own amps and console or plug into somone elses. like mine. pioneer cd/mixer - 2*elcer apa2000 amps. so what ever floats your boat mate. music is of your choice as well. origanlly we were going to have the same 2 songs plus what ever else but we ditched with the thought of eharing the same 2 songs over and over for 4+hours!!!!! i think 12mins to clear 4 3mins snippets would be fine .you can then have a dance/rock/slowie/party tune or such to show the variety of diffrent tunes it handles. you don't ahve to fill the full 12mins but no longer .you cna if you prefer do 12 1min sets' what ever floats your boat

5tatman
23-02-2008, 02:43 PM
spoke to fish today hoping to get evl down there

because..................

evl are going back to being a dealer distribution, so the speaker meet will be a last chance to get evl lighting at direct prices. big thumbs up

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-02-2008, 02:58 PM
spoke to fish today hoping to get evl down there

because..................

evl are going back to being a dealer distribution, so the speaker meet will be a last chance to get evl lighting at direct prices. big thumbs up

I thought you could buy EVL direct from their website Dave?

Andy Goodtimes
23-02-2008, 03:30 PM
You can get it direct at the mo, what Dave means is that the coleville thing is just before they go back to being a dealer distributed product again.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-02-2008, 03:34 PM
You can get it direct at the mo, what Dave means is that the coleville thing is just before they go back to being a dealer distributed product again.

But won't that put the prices up?

Edit - yep, I see what he's saying now.

5tatman
23-02-2008, 04:55 PM
you got the jist there.

evl prices will be going back up once they become a dealer network only product. this will proberbly be your last chance to get get them at the direct prices. i am awaiting for 100% confirmation on their attendance on the day and if they will have any special on the day prices. will let you know on confirmation

Adam_F
25-02-2008, 03:01 PM
James, are you working first yet that you know of? Think I fancy popping along now to hear all these. Gonna try an book the monday offin a minute, then book the hotel.

Or Dan, will you be driving through Redditch?

jamesh
25-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Still trying to work out the logistics...

Officially i'm working all weekend.... Got a PA hire n disco on the saturday and then a conference rig on the sunday and tech op and derig on the monday but getting someone else to cover the conference rig / tech and de rig hopefully so can be there all day sunday and then travel back on monday....

Should know by the end of the week! Being project manager it shouldn't be too difficult to book myself of the job... well that's the theory anyway!

5tatman
26-02-2008, 11:56 PM
EVL have now comfiremd that they wil be attending the speaker meet in coalvile on the 9th March.

this will be the last chance to buy their lights at direct prices, as they are reverting back to a dealer network which means the pice will go up.
so come on down!!!!!!

Harrison's Discos
27-02-2008, 12:06 AM
EVL have now comfiremd that they wil be attending the speaker meet in coalvile on the 9th March.

this will be the last chance to buy their lights at direct prices, as they are reverting back to a dealer network which means the pice will go up.
so come on down!!!!!!

Argh!:eek: Only 3 days after my birthday! Hope i have my money by then!

5tatman
27-02-2008, 09:41 AM
have you got your void system yet?

if so would you be prepared to bring it to the show?
i nearly brought one on word of mouth, before i settled for my HK.

i know a few poeple who would like to hear one of those. i have asked jamie whitehouse, but he hasn't confirmed either way yet.

Cheers

Dave

5tatman
28-02-2008, 09:05 PM
right had a chat with my local and i'm gonna bring down

a macgreger twin 10"subs and 8"tops. i know it's not a 'big' system but those looking for somethign a little bit more compact this might be for you. very narrow bins small footprint.

i will also be bringing a W-Audio gig rig 1000 - with the option of selling. he has limeted stock and has said i can offer these at VERY compettive prices. you'l have to turn to see what price but if your intrested then IT will be worth waiting.

Later

Dave

martink
28-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Macreger sounds interesting, be curious to hear that.

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-02-2008, 09:19 PM
i will also be bringing a W-Audio gig rig 1000 - with the option of selling.

What's that then Dave? :confused:

Harrison's Discos
29-02-2008, 01:02 AM
have you got your void system yet?

if so would you be prepared to bring it to the show?
i nearly brought one on word of mouth, before i settled for my HK.

i know a few poeple who would like to hear one of those. i have asked jamie whitehouse, but he hasn't confirmed either way yet.

Cheers

Dave

Apologies for late reply.
Haven't got my void system yet. Will be purchasing it when i recieve my '18 year old allowance' from my father, which will be soon after 6th march.. which is my birthday.

5tatman
29-02-2008, 08:42 PM
it's on of thsee but the price i will be selling at will be considerbly less than most online prices i can find. will include covers will nee to check that they will include stands and leads.

http://prolight.co.uk/item/spea40/?PHPSESSID=52d850788b23d9eaa1a5a5b6532eb4fc

Harrison's Discos
01-03-2008, 11:45 PM
it's on of thsee but the price i will be selling at will be considerbly less than most online prices i can find. will include covers will nee to check that they will include stands and leads.

think ill stick with mi void :D

Tom
02-03-2008, 12:23 AM

that system looks ok. maby be worthing looking into somthing that size for small disco's. dont se the point of taking the large rig out when its only for 70 people in a small room for example.

Harrison's Discos
02-03-2008, 12:29 AM
that system looks ok. maby be worthing looking into somthing that size for small disco's. dont se the point of taking the large rig out when its only for 70 people in a small room for example.

My system that i am getting from void will be just as easy to set up as that and its probably 10 times more powerful ( if i said probably then what i meant was definatly :D ).
Not that im putting the system down, i just wouldn't need something as small as that.

Tom
02-03-2008, 01:07 AM
not nit picking but lets say you get a booking for a 60th birthday party for about 50-60 people in a small hall. your telling me your going to take over 2k of sound??? why?

Im sure that people that age dont want loud music, just want the right music played. Correct me if im wrong.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Just because you have a big system, it doesn't mean you have to play it loud, does it?

Tom
02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
True but dont you think it will look out of place. I thought a lot of people go on about presentation.

5tatman
03-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I have 4 hk premium 18"subs 4 12"tops - but i still go out quite often with my little soundhouse one. Becasue it can cater up to 120 people nicely. if you want somethign a little less intrusive say in a marquee it's ideal. if you have a load of steps on an outside fire escape, etc . i put the sub under my stand and the 2 little speakers on ultimax arms and your sorted.

Havea lok on my front page
http://www.groovynightsdiscos.co.uk/

and for a lot less than £550 (web price average forthe gig rig) you can have 3 trips. one sub, one with the tops, one with console and your sorted. (sound wise) you can even bridge them and have one set each side for bigger giggs.

i love my hk's but there is no way in hell i'm going back to luggging 4 cabs and amps for 100 people at a general wedding.:bang: just so i can have a very nince sound quietly.

5tatman
04-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Wristands turned upto day now all i need are people to sell them on the door. i really need some volunteers for the door. the more who put there name forward the less time you will actually have to on the door.
At the moment i only have Sandy (gord bless 'er) please pm me if you are avaible too. i will not charge people for attending if they offer to do the door. i would like a maximum of 8 really. Half hour stints on rotation is what i had in mind. that way if there is only 4 peolpe you do not stuck on the door for to long. i realise it's not the most excitingthing to do on a sunday but you get free admittance if you do. :thumbsup_anim:

Confirmed as happening,
EVL WITH DIRECT PRICES. They won't be able to take card payments on the day, but they wil have some stock for cash purchases. you can obviously order at the prices discplayed on the day,

W-Audio Gig rig - which will be avaible to order on the day at the special price of £390. this price includes cases, but not stands and cables (as most internet shops seem to be doing). the new one i use for demo on the day,will up for sale to take away (cash), the rest will have to be ordered. as mentioned these are limetd stocks, and deposits placed with me, balances sent direct to the shop and then sent out to you. p+p £15 or obviously you can collect from the shop in oldham. these are new pristine boxed stock avaibble at this price to show attenders only!!!!

Jive master - will be attending with his P.A.T. stuff for anyone who wants single items checked over. he will also do full a set up if required but you need to give him notice of this prior to sunday.

We will also be having a small demo by fish (from evl) on some speakers (nothing to do with evl), where he would like our opinions and thoughts on some speakers. not specifically for disco use but would be good to give him some of our time as he normally has time for us.

we have 2nd hand area as well. so you can bring your unwanted equipment.

then the mix and match section, i'm going to try and rip the same song in diffrent qualities to see if we can really hear the diffrence, along with mixing up the equipment. anytihng else?

then meal and drinks.

not enough intrest with regarss the djing in a club so that's been knocked on the head. but obviously, there is nothing to stop us from having a drink or 2 either at the charnwood, or locally afterwards.

An updated list of demonstrators and equipment is listed below, please can you check and let me know as soon as poss if you can not make it. i have no more than 2 spaces left if anyone would like to bring a system, £5 per system - if you know someone it would be good to have as many as poss (within reason)

don't forget that you also get £5 knocke dof the price of the room if you mention the show when ordering. i think were upto around 15 rooms booked.

Cheers hope to see you there on sunday

Dave

Tech - Bose 802's fired on an EP2500 & RCF 705A/S subwoooofer.

Pee Cee - Martin Audio ICT300's + ICS300's & 2x Crown XTi's

Les - Bose 802's + Scott Subs & 2x PPX900's

Minicooper - home made subs

pottypete - DB TECHNOLOGIES OPERA 210 and DB TECHNOLOGIES sub 05

Sandysounds - Lems d400, Lem T5 subs,

5tatman - HK Audio Premium pro's 12+18's powered of ECLER APA2000

Mcgregor - twin 10"sub+8"tops

W-Audio Gig Rig (availible to order on the day at very good prices)

topnotch - eaw fr129 + fr250z and also EV rx115/75 + EV rx218 powered by mc2 2 x mc1250 + dbx driverack,

RCF TT sytem

Dave Singleton - Funktion One Res 2, Res 4 & F218 powered by FFA amps or Crests

d&b Q1, Q7, Q-sub, B2-sub powered by d&b D12's.

Barry - B52 Maxtrix 1000 active system.

TopHouse, EV SX300's EV Force i 18" subs EV and QSC amps and EV crossover. VDJ system.

Geordie...Mackey SRM450s & W Audio PSR8s.

Andy...JBL PRX12Ms & 18 subs.

Possible - Mach sub and top combo.

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm at a wedding fayre, otherwide I'd be there.

Harrison's Discos
04-03-2008, 03:54 PM
too far for me sorry.

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-03-2008, 05:06 PM
And people call themselves mobile DJs...

Harrison's Discos
04-03-2008, 08:22 PM
And people call themselves mobile DJs...

If your reffering to me im not one yet so :p :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-03-2008, 08:24 PM
If your reffering to me im not one yet so :p :D

I'll let you off then. ;) :D

Corabar Steve
04-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Well sod off somewhere else then. this is a DJ forum :sj:

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-03-2008, 08:30 PM

LMAO.

Subtle as ever...:D

Harrison's Discos
04-03-2008, 08:34 PM

Common be fair. You know my reasons for joining.:(

Corabar Steve
04-03-2008, 08:51 PM
To be a pain in the bum? :sj: :sj:

spin mobile disco
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
No one with a sub 15 and mackie c300z 's ? If not I spose I could bring mine down for it if needed.

Harrison's Discos
04-03-2008, 11:19 PM
To be a pain in the bum? :sj: :sj:

Me? Never! :p

5tatman
07-03-2008, 07:58 AM
No one with a sub 15 and mackie c300z 's ? If not I spose I could bring mine down for it if needed.

by all means bring it on down. :cool: :D

A1DL
10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
so, how did it go on Sunday? was expecting to see an update...

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I've read on other forums that it was quiet. Why do people say they are going to attend and then not bother. I would have gone had it not been for a wedding fayre.

Tom
10-03-2008, 06:58 PM
If it was closer then i would of gone and make a racket. lol.

It gets in my nerves when people say there going to go and dont even bother turning up. Bit like ex friends. :mad:

Anyway...

spin mobile disco
10-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Would have gone but unfortunatly had a 10 hour long gig on saterday .Woke up far side of about 5pm and realised i'd missed it.

djsteve10
10-03-2008, 10:28 PM
10 Hour Long?

My god how many Mastermix Grandmasters did you play then??

Hope you got lots of £££££ for it too!!

Harrison's Discos
11-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Would have gone but unfortunatly had a 10 hour long gig on saterday .Woke up far side of about 5pm and realised i'd missed it.

You carn't be blambed for not turning up to it, you must of been completely worn out by the time it finished.

spin mobile disco
11-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Lol don't use mastermix just each song by itsself. Very long day. 14 hours from time i left house till I got back.
Wife told me I just got into bed and then snored about 3 seconds later. Wasnt a bad day and equipment held up nicely. But did drag on a bit.

5tatman
13-03-2008, 06:51 PM
just an update fellas, to be honest, the date was finallized a little late, but the turn out was very low. those that did come thourghly enjoyed it, including the meal and drink afterwards.
:D

below is my brief thoughts on the stuff demoed.

funktion one was awesome - really sucked the air outta you, very impressive, and we also had a little lione array combo from space/ram, with such a wide dispersion you only need one stack in room. i know both of these are not suitable per say for mobile work but it was very good to hear.

well................................i thought the only dud/crap system there on the day, was the gig rig. everything else was good at what it was.

we had big passive - hk premium pro's - mine -what can i say, i thought they were very nice - but then again i would say that.

big active - andy's jbl's - got to be honest andy i think the eqing was a bit iffy on that, would like to hear flat. i think everyone enjoyed the trouser flap ellliment, but the tops wern't quite right. would benifit from another listen.

small passive - power works 15"sub +12"top. £500 for 4 cabs, excellent value for money. light not too big, nice clear tops.

another small passive with a diffrence - mcgreggor - twin 10"sub and 8"top. loverly i thought t is was really surprising. really clear, 1700w rms, the base doesn't go as low as bigger boxes but it's very tight, and chesty thumping kind of stuff. very narrow foot print, so easilly concealed, 2 of these are about the same size of 1 normal 15"sub maybe less.

small active - pete's db opera live? - i thought these were great, VERY light and compact, nice base clear tops, pete has a got a loverly little system there. was very impressed.

medium active- sandy's lems, was ok to start with but again with the benifit of abled bodied ears during the mix and match, we had that system sining, loverly.

3cab active -matrix b52 -same as last time barry, everyone going wow, very nice system , not the smallest 15"sub box out there, but then again compared to the smaller gig rig 15" sub, i'd take the bigger any day of the week.

2 cab active - mackies, sounded nice, nicer than i've heard before, only twice mind you, but really came alive when we mixed and matched with techs rcf sub, fudging awesome.

mixed - techs rcf active sub and passive bose 802*4. was loverly, that sub is awesome, and the clarity of the tops was crystal!!. my favorite sounding system on the day

my top 3 were
rcf/802's
hk
db

but as mentioned all of them were very sutable if you were going that way. eg, big/small/3/4 active/passive etc. the only dud as i said was the gig rig, after last time with the powered w/audio 15" which we all thouhgt were amazing for the money, i had big hopes for this, but quiet it was o.k., but when we turned it up it was pants, really pants. i wouldn't recomend .

2- things,
1- being able to hear the mackies and rcf ,
and
2- the help sandy got setting up her system correctly, (bearing in mind she has only had it 2wks)
are all down the dj's helping dj's and events like this are priceless for some people. help support, it the way forward.