PDA

View Full Version : Virtual DJ

DJkiller
14-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi,

Dose anyone know if it is possible to set up a Numark CM200usb mixer as a control on Virtual DJ?

Thanks

djsteve10
14-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Just checked my version of Numark Cue/Virtual DJ and it doesn't have the control option for that Numark CM200USB as a control but you can use it as a sound card i think.

Excalibur
14-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Just checked my version of Numark Cue/Virtual DJ and it doesn't have the control option for that Numark CM200USB as a control but you can use it as a sound card i think.

Not that I know much about this, but wouldn't it need two soundcards in it? :confused: Justin's mixer has two, he might be more knowledgeable than I.;)

Danno13
14-04-2008, 07:49 PM
You can use it for the sound output, and yes it has two soundcards in, so assign a deck to each channel on the mixer and away you go!

If you want proper hands-on control of the players you'll need to look at either the DMC-2, DAC-3 or Denon HC4500, or any MIDI controller actually, but those three are probably the most suited.

djsteve10
14-04-2008, 08:15 PM
You can use it for the sound output, and yes it has two soundcards in, so assign a deck to each channel on the mixer and away you go!

If you want proper hands-on control of the players you'll need to look at either the DMC-2, DAC-3 or Denon HC4500, or any MIDI controller actually, but those three are probably the most suited.

Clever mixers to be fair, might invest in one of the 19" Rackmout ones for my quiz night system that im working on as i have a few quiz nights on now.

Danno13
14-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Well i wouldn't recomend them.. the USB ports were too loose and the sound cards eventually gave up on mine, then one of the VU meters died, but then they are cheap.. and it did last 18 months (although only just over 12 with the soundcards working..)

JAMdisco
16-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm thinking of going for the Berhinger BCD3000 so that I can have full control over the Virtual DJ functions. I'll hardly use the mouse then and it'll also give me a back-up capability with my current Numark DM950USB.

Does anyone use the Berhinger's and how good are they. Looking at the specs they look quite impressive.

DJkiller
16-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks. Think i might get a Denon HC4500 had a look and seem to be good.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm thinking of going for the Berhinger BCD3000 so that I can have full control over the Virtual DJ functions. I'll hardly use the mouse then and it'll also give me a back-up capability with my current Numark DM950USB.

Does anyone use the Berhinger's and how good are they. Looking at the specs they look quite impressive.

If you can stretch to it, the Denon or a DAC-3 would be a better bet.

JAMdisco
16-04-2008, 04:12 PM
If you can stretch to it, the Denon or a DAC-3 would be a better bet.

That's exactly why I aren't even considering them, I can't stretch to that. Or more to the point I can make £150 disappear easier, so my wife doesn't find out :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Go for the toy then....:sj:

JAMdisco
16-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Can anyone offer any 'decent' advice???

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Can anyone offer any 'decent' advice???

No need for that.

They are toylike and you only have limited funds. What do you expect?

Tom
16-04-2008, 04:33 PM

I have a Behringer BCD3000 before i got the denon. It's ok but not as a good as the denon or other gear. I would say its ok for dj's who are starting but then again I never had a problem with it. Worked fine all the time.

If you are intrested in getting one PM me and i'll give you a price for a mint condition controller with all the leads. :)

JAMdisco
16-04-2008, 04:34 PM
No need for that.

They are toylike and you only have limited funds. What do you expect?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

Unfortunately I do have limited funds so with this in mind I was looking for someone who has maybe used one for some feedback on how good/bad they are. I know the ones you mentioned are probably better but there's no way I can afford them.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

Unfortunately I do have limited funds so with this in mind I was looking for someone who has maybe used one for some feedback on how good/bad they are. I know the ones you mentioned are probably better but there's no way I can afford them.

OK, better idea then on a budget - a DAC-2. It won't have all the bells and whistles of the others, but is a good solid bit of kit.

I picked two of these up from PCDJ for 2 of my guys at £80 each secondhand - try Ebay etc

djsteve10
16-04-2008, 08:56 PM
The behringer gear is ok for home bedroom djs but it is too plasticy and tacky for the road, ive seen some in a friends shop and its ok but for the same money go for a DAC2 or a DMC1 more robust and road ready,

With the BCD was you planning to use an external mixer or use the onboard one for the main output as the mic channels on them are absolutley appauling you would be better with a mega phone.

Jiggles
16-04-2008, 09:09 PM
My behringer mixer isn't plasticly! Its a really good bit of kit! I have used a Denon and it feels that same as that.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-04-2008, 05:06 PM
My behringer mixer isn't plasticly! Its a really good bit of kit! I have used a Denon and it feels that same as that.

I have used both extensively and I think if you had too Callum, you'd change your mind.