PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Prizes at the NADJ Trade Show & AGM

kilmeedyman
15-04-2008, 11:17 PM
NADJ Trade Show & AGM - National Motorcycle Museum (next to NEC, Birmingham) -
Sunday 27th April

NADJ have a tradition of high quality prize draws.
Well, this year we have surpassed ourselves.

Top prize is a full Mobile DJ Rig worth over £2500
(There is no cash alternative to any prizes in this draw)

This is a serious prize!

Stand, MP3 Controller, Speakers, Amplifier, Mixer, Lighting Effects,
Music, Microphone, Headphones, Cables, Flightcases are all included.

plus Web Package including Domain Registration, Hosting, email and Basic Starter Page

Special thanks to the marvellous generosity of our sponsors:

Audio Intimidation
Chauvet
Denon
EV
Cortex
Vestax
Prolight
Rhino
Road Ready Cases
Tiger Pride Ltd
Ultimax

and our retail partners:

Dave Seamer Entertainments
Prosound (Leeds)
Birmingham Disco Centre
CRS - Entertainment House
Squires

As if that wasn't enough, there is also a top KAM Prize Pack worth over £500

All proceeds to support the NADJ Youth Development Program - announcement at AGM

Prize draw tickets can be purchased on the day at the show.

If you weren't sure about going, there's enough reason now!

PLUS

Our interactive presentations from:

13:15 - World Champion DJ Cutmaster Swift - Headline DJ Interactive Demo
14:15 - DJ Academy - DJ Education
15:00 - MCPS/PRS - DJ Licensing
16:00 - Derek Pengelly - The Mobile DJ Marketplace
16:45 - Audio Relief - Hearing Protection/Noise at Work Regulations

For those who cannot make it there will be a live internet broadcast from the show, see the NADJ web site for link details nearer the day.

The doors open to the public at noon and close at 6pm.
Entrance is free to NADJ members, £5 for non-members, concessions - £3 students and pensioners.

See the NADJ web site for further details.
http://www.nadj.org.uk

Tom
15-04-2008, 11:36 PM
WOW. Now I cant wait to go.

But on serious note I am really intrested in all of the interactive presentations. It's going to a long old day but a very intresting one at that.

Maby I should hire a van (just in case). :lol:

Spirits High
16-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Blimey, that's some prize :eek:

how much are the draw tickets, £200 each? :D :D

Just a quick question is the DJ Academy presentation being done by DJ academy form Worcester?

kilmeedyman
16-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes Andy and a couple of others will be running it for DJ Academy.

Overall this show, AGM and the coming year are going to be exciting and fundamentally forward-moving. Basically the culmination of 10 months hard slog by some of the NEC.

I hope the impact of the prizes adn other announcements to be made at the show will highlight this.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-04-2008, 03:03 PM
And will all the top prizes be working this year...:p

Dragonfly
16-04-2008, 03:27 PM
can't wait for this ...... "we love DJ Yoda" banners ready for us childish reprebates to wave at the back :D :D :D

kilmeedyman
16-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Absolutely! All will be guaranteed as normal.

Just seen the spec of the speakers and amp - not flippin bad !!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Not being funny, but that mixer caused me a lot of hassle getting it sorted and fixed 'cos of one reason and another.

Let's hope that situation has been thought about this year.

Jiggles
16-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I wish i could come now!! :(:(

Danno13
16-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Quick update.. had an hour or eight spare today so I've knocked up a mini site for all the latest show information -

http://www.nadj.org.uk/show

If you're not able to make it on the day, all the information you'll need to listen over the internet and take part in the seminars, will be posted on there.

Tom
16-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Looks good Dan. :)

I didn't know EllaSkins. Now I dont mean this in a nasty way but I expect to see a lot of young DJ's there as they look up to people like him.

Danno13
16-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Thats the idea, we're looking to get more younger DJs along this year as there'll be an important announcement that they'll be interested to hear! :)

Tom
16-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Thats the idea, we're looking to get more younger DJs along this year as they'll be an important announcement that they'll be interested to hear! :)

Ahh in that case cool. :)

jamesh
16-04-2008, 11:34 PM
I wish i could come now!! :(:(

Quick update.. had an hour or eight spare today so I've knocked up a mini site for all the latest show information -

http://www.nadj.org.uk/show

If you're not able to make it on the day, all the information you'll need to listen over the internet and take part in the seminars, will be posted on there.

Yep lots of hard work is going on at the moment to ensure that not only everyone at the show has a great time but also people that can't make it for any reason still get to experience the whole show via the internet!

More announcements on that soon! And also keep an eye on the NADJ Show website.

Adam_F
17-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Looks good Dan. :)

I didn't know EllaSkins. Now I dont mean this in a nasty way but I expect to see a lot of young DJ's there as they look up to people like him.

Hence the reasoning behind it, alot of people do follow his advice, and respect his opinions, him being there and supporting the NADJ AGM will open the eyes of the younger people and up & coming DJ's to the idea of professionalism within the DJ community, whether it is mobile dj'ing or club's, pub's etc...

Thats the idea, we're looking to get more younger DJs along this year as there'll be an important announcement that they'll be interested to hear! :)

Yep, see above LoL

Ahh in that case cool. :)

Yes indeed, you'll have a good day.
They'll be plenty of kit to drool over, and some worthwhile seminars to learn more about the industry, and as Dan mentioned, there's an important announcement at the AGM too, and after that a great prize draw too!

Penfold42
17-04-2008, 10:33 AM
DJ "Milky Way"....maybe attending.....:p
How much for children??

Dragonfly
17-04-2008, 10:37 AM
£3 what age do you learn reading in Lincolnshire??? :D :D :D :D :D

Penfold42
17-04-2008, 10:40 AM
£3 what age do you learn reading in Lincolnshire??? :D :D :D :D :D

Same age you do maths...!!:p

Spirits High
17-04-2008, 10:49 AM
DJ "Milky Way"....maybe attending.....:p
How much for children??

You buying or selling:D :D :D :D

just make sure he doesn't bring that inflatable guitar :p

Tom
17-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Yes indeed, you'll have a good day.
They'll be plenty of kit to drool over, and some worthwhile seminars to learn more about the industry, and as Dan mentioned, there's an important announcement at the AGM too, and after that a great prize draw too!

It should be a good day. Nice early start and a long drive up to Birmingham. But the good thing is that I get in for free. :) But have to pay for my brother who wants to come. :(. lol

Dragonfly
17-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Tony if you win the prize ......Baggsy its Paul and Jason walking home :D :D :D :D :D

Penfold42
17-04-2008, 12:20 PM
:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

Spirits High
17-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Tony if you win the prize ......Baggsy its Paul and Jason walking home :D :D :D :D :D

That's sooooooooo unfair :D :D :D :D :D :D

what if I win it? Looks like you'll be out Dave :p

Adam_F
17-04-2008, 01:15 PM

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

That's sooooooooo unfair :D :D :D :D :D :D

what if I win it? Looks like you'll be out Dave :p

It would be unfair to let any of you walk home, so I'll take the gear for you :D

jamesh
17-04-2008, 01:29 PM
It would be unfair to let any of you walk home, so I'll take the gear for you :D

Well sure i could fit it in my van :D :p

Adam_F
17-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Well sure i could fit it in my van :D :p

No doubt leaving me behind then :eek:

We'll re-think that one LoL

Penfold42
17-04-2008, 01:55 PM
"Short set demonstrating his skills; Q&A session followed by opportunity for visitors to get on the decks with him and pick up some tips and give it a try. An unbeatable opportunity for anyone interested in this style of DJ'ing. Sponsored by DMC."

...I've got a chance to show off then.....:p :D

kilmeedyman
17-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Go for it!

Dragonfly
17-04-2008, 02:09 PM
"Short set demonstrating his skills; Q&A session followed by opportunity for visitors to get on the decks with him and pick up some tips and give it a try. An unbeatable opportunity for anyone interested in this style of DJ'ing. Sponsored by DMC."

Tone when we leave would it be possible for you to pick me and Paul up round the corner :D :D :D :D :D

Spirits High
17-04-2008, 02:13 PM

Tony.......show off???

I don't believe it :p

Tone when we leave would it be possible for you to pick me and Paul up round the corner :D :D :D :D :D

with you on that one Dave :D

Penfold42
17-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Go for it!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38634000/jpg/_38634565_ball_bbc_150.jpg :D :D

with you on that one Dave :D

...Oh i forgot.....you two don't have quality playout systems.....with bells and whistles.....:boxer2: :p :D

Dragonfly
17-04-2008, 02:27 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38634000/jpg/_38634565_ball_bbc_150.jpg :D :D

...Oh i forgot.....you two don't have quality playout systems.....with bells and whistles.....:boxer2: :p :D

erm ......... pcdj has one or 2 !!! and pray tell mr. Brown which one of the Denons bells and whistles do you use most at your gigs and which is most useful?? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :beer1: :beer1:

Spirits High
17-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Oi Mr Brown, there's some tricks on my DNX900 :p

Just need to find them :D

Penfold42
17-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Oi Mr Brown, there's some tricks on my DNX900 :p

Just need to find them :D

Oh sorry Paul....you can be in my gang!....:D

Serious question here........I take it there will be opportunity to join NADJ here and do you not do some kinda of package with the PLI ?? :sofa:

If that's the case what documentation do I need with me....:)

Spirits High
17-04-2008, 02:51 PM

Serious question here........I take it there will be opportunity to join NADJ here and do you not do some kinda of package with the PLI ?? :sofa:

Blimey Tone, that nearly equates to a totally sensible post!

Top question By the way ;)

jamesh
17-04-2008, 02:58 PM

Yes there will :D and with NADJ you can get 10million pounds worth of PLI...

At a guess i'd say you would need to bring your current PAT and PLI documents... but i'm sure one of the committee members will be along soon to confirm what you will need with you...

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Yes there will :D and with NADJ you can get 10million pounds worth of PLI...

At a guess i'd say you would need to bring your current PAT and PLI documents... but i'm sure one of the committee members will be along soon to confirm what you will need with you...

Nothing -you can send it at a later date, but still join on the day

kilmeedyman
17-04-2008, 03:27 PM

If you join on the day, you will get your £5 entry fee refunded.

If you bring a copy of your PAT it will make things a lot quicker rather than posting them later, so take a quick copy adn put it in your pocket and give it in with your application form.

Application forms are available on the day or you can print one off from the NADJ web site, complete it and take it along on the day also.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Or you could send stuff later as one or two people were told last year, or has that now changed?

Dragonfly
17-04-2008, 03:29 PM

If you bring a copy of your PAT it will make things a lot quicker rather than posting them later, so take a quick copy adn put it in your pocket and give it in with your application form.

Application forms are available on the day or you can print one off from the NADJ web site, complete it and take it along on the day also.

for those of us that are members do we just flash the badge at the front door ??? or do we need to know the secret handshake too? :D :D

Penfold42
17-04-2008, 03:47 PM

So...i bring Postman along with form from the NADJ website....hand it in....get my "lady godiva" back...i part with some cash....then i walk away with PLI for 10m........:cool:

kilmeedyman
17-04-2008, 03:57 PM
for those of us that are members do we just flash the badge at the front door ??? or do we need to know the secret handshake too? :D :D

Just flash and your number will be checked.

To Darren, yes you can send things later, was just trying to tell Penmare the easiest and quickest way.