PDA

View Full Version : Where have me (i)Tunes gone?

Penfold42
16-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Went to load up my iTunes library today......and it asked me to install the latest version, which i did. Went to look in my library...they have all gone....:eek:

Put the back up disk in and retrieved to ones i bought but it won't load my own tracks on the PC and when i go into the store it's in dollars......:confused: ...got it back onto pounds....went to file and tried to get it to load all the tracks on the PC...would it....nope...:bang:

Can anyone tell me what's gone on and what i need to do to put it right??

Thanks.

Sam
16-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Went to load up my iTunes library today......and it asked me to install the latest version, which i did. Went to look in my library...they have all gone....:eek:

Put the back up disk in and retrieved to ones i bought but it won't load my own tracks on the PC and when i go into the store it's in dollars......:confused: ...got it back onto pounds....went to file and tried to get it to load all the tracks on the PC...would it....nope...:bang:

Can anyone tell me what's gone on and what i need to do to put it right??

Thanks.

The tracks would still be in the folder where itunes stores them would they not?
usually My Music / Itunes or wherver you set the location to..

otherwise it is a case of re-copying all the music....

Penfold42
16-04-2008, 08:09 PM
The tracks would still be in the folder where itunes stores them would they not?
usually My Music / Itunes or wherver you set the location to..

otherwise it is a case of re-copying all the music....

Thanks Sam.
I can see the music in "windows media"...and i know where they are now.....found them after the other day.....:D ...i've tried loading them across but they won't register.....really strange!

There are another 3 user's on here....one being a naughty 9 yr old.....:p
Could he have loaded them on his user??

EDIT - No...i've tried all them...

discomobiledj
16-04-2008, 08:17 PM
itunes update can "move" the default location, so it could just be adjusting this in the options menu

Penfold42
16-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I've checked - the only button is consolidating all music to iTunes.....which i figure that does it...but underneath it says "This cannot be undone"....don't mean to sound thick but does that take all the music off the PC completly?? as i don't want that :o

Thanks.

Sam
16-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I've checked - the only button is consolidating all music to iTunes.....which i figure that does it...but underneath it says "This cannot be undone"....don't mean to sound thick but does that take all the music off the PC completly?? as i don't want that :o

Thanks.

Hmm.
If I knew where the music was.. this is what i would do to add it into itunes.
* FILE
*IMPORT
* SELECT FOLDER / MULTIPLE TRACKS
*OPEN

Does that work?

OR
*File
*ADD FOLDER TO LIBARY
* SELECT FOLDER
* OPEN

Any work for you? I guess that is what you've been doing...
Also have you remember to Authorize the itunes software??? You need to click "authorize computer" in the STORE menu.

Penfold42
16-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks Sam.

No - still not in there......
When i first set it up iTunes grabbed all the music and set the libary up....it does not want to play ball tonight........:bang:

I can do it one at a time.........:eek: :eek: :eek: ...i'm not moving 90gb across one at a time......:D

Not tonight anyway.....:D :D :D :D

A1DL
16-04-2008, 09:46 PM
hey, those shiny little silver discs are just soooooooooo much simpler, they never disappear, rename themselves, hide, default, upload, download, pkzip or even www :p

Penfold42
16-04-2008, 09:47 PM
hey, those shiny little silver discs are just soooooooooo much simpler, they never disappear, rename themselves, hide, default, upload, download, pkzip or even www :p

Thanks Tony......:ner:
:D :beer1:

CRAZY K
16-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks Sam.

No - still not in there......
When i first set it up iTunes grabbed all the music and set the libary up....it does not want to play ball tonight........:bang:

I can do it one at a time.........:eek: :eek: :eek: ...i'm not moving 90gb across one at a time......:D

Not tonight anyway.....:D :D :D :D

Not much consolation but when one of my sons lived at home he used a laptop and downloaded some illegal music from Kazaa uknown to me---one day he went on line and it automatically removed most of the tunes or made them unplayable because it said they were now illegal--talk about ironic:D

If you are on line these odd things can happen---

CRAZY K

If you have 20,000 they weigh ten tons--well a lot anyway :D :D :D

CRAZY K