PDA

View Full Version : NADJ Interactive Broadcast LIVE From the Show on 27th April 2008

jamesh
17-04-2008, 12:05 AM
So Here's the first bit of info regarding the broadcast from the show.... - There will probably be a couple more before the 27th.....

The NADJ Trade Show & AGM Interactive Broadcast – Sponsored by OTSAV (http://www.otsav.com)

If you really can’t make this years show then fear not as all the action will be streamed live over the internet throughout the day and quite possibly into the night thanks to the great people from OTS (http://www.otsav.com) who are sponsoring this years radio broadcast.

Some of the highlights from the day include:

Chat & Interviews with exhibitors and guests

All the seminars live as they happen throughout the afternoon.

An Interactive chat room where you can get one of our presenters to ask all those important questions you have during the seminars.

And some fun competitions including the reverse rewind playback....

HOW TO LISTEN TO THE BROADCAST

Well just visit www.nadj.org.uk/show on the 27th April 2008 and you will find a BIG button that will say listen live... Click on that and let the fun commence.

MORE INFORMATION ON THE INTERACTIVE BROADCAST WILL BE POSTED HERE AND WHAT WILL BE HAPPENING THROUGHOUT THE DAY ONLINE AS SOON AS IT'S CONFIRMED!!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Does that mean as you've plugged it here, I can come and have a chat with you James and plug this forum? :sj:

jamesh
17-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Well quite possibly.... Development of a forum feature is being thought of as we speak as been asked by a few people :P

Any ideas are welcomed...

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Willy wavers corner...

Adam_F
18-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Just got hold of a couple of camcorders too now, so all is looking good!

CRAZY K
18-04-2008, 07:59 PM
I wont be attending but will have a "listen in" to the marketing bits which might be of interest.

CRAZY K

jamesh
19-04-2008, 02:12 PM
ADAM Shhhhhhh!!!! :P :P:P ...... more news on the Interactive Broadcast to come after the weekend!!!

By Thursday or Friday we should have a full schedule of events of what will be on the interactive broadcast - and hopefully after every seminar there will be an interview with the hosts to answer any of your questions...

So bit of extra value add on there for those listening to the show that you'll only get at the show if you happen to be in the radio area watching/listening :D

CRAZY K
19-04-2008, 02:19 PM
ADAM Shhhhhhh!!!! :P :P:P ...... more news on the Interactive Broadcast to come after the weekend!!!

By Thursday or Friday we should have a full schedule of events of what will be on the interactive broadcast - and hopefully after every seminar there will be an interview with the hosts to answer any of your questions...

So bit of extra value add on there for those listening to the show that you'll only get at the show if you happen to be in the radio area watching/listening :D

I EXPECT TO BE LISTENING--LONG AS THE SUN ISNT SHINING;)

CRAZY K

Adam_F
19-04-2008, 05:36 PM
ADAM Shhhhhhh!!!! :P :P:P

oooppssss :quiet:

CRAZY K
20-04-2008, 02:04 PM
So Here's the first bit of info regarding the broadcast from the show.... - There will probably be a couple more before the 27th.....

The NADJ Trade Show & AGM Interactive Broadcast – Sponsored by OTSAV (http://www.otsav.com)

If you really can’t make this years show then fear not as all the action will be streamed live over the internet throughout the day and quite possibly into the night thanks to the great people from OTS (http://www.otsav.com) who are sponsoring this years radio broadcast.

Some of the highlights from the day include:

Chat & Interviews with exhibitors and guests

From the NADJ website--

How to listen to the broadcast

Well just come back to this very page on Sunday 27th April 2008 and you will find a BIG button that will say listen live. Click on that and let the fun commence!
CHECK

All the seminars live as they happen throughout the afternoon.

An Interactive chat room where you can get one of our presenters to ask all those important questions you have during the seminars.

And some fun competitions including the reverse rewind playback....

HOW TO LISTEN TO THE BROADCAST

Well just visit www.nadj.org.uk/show on the 27th April 2008 and you will find a BIG button that will say listen live... Click on that and let the fun commence.

MORE INFORMATION ON THE INTERACTIVE BROADCAST WILL BE POSTED HERE AND WHAT WILL BE HAPPENING THROUGHOUT THE DAY ONLINE AS SOON AS IT'S CONFIRMED!!!!

Sorry to be posting-- thought it was this week!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZY K

Adam_F
20-04-2008, 03:33 PM
LoL,
Nope, its another week away yet.

Penfold42
20-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Sorry to be posting-- thought it was this week!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZY K

http://www.lander.edu/mathcis/faculty/MathCISImages/Laura_Lander_SMART_Classroom.jpg

Adam_F
20-04-2008, 09:34 PM
http://www.lander.edu/mathcis/faculty/MathCISImages/Laura_Lander_SMART_Classroom.jpg

LMAO

It WILL be busier than this next week!

jamesh
21-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I EXPECT TO BE LISTENING--LONG AS THE SUN ISNT SHINING;)

CRAZY K

Quick go out and buy a wireless router!!! Get the best of both worlds then... Mine, Dans, Adams and johnny's beautiful tones and a bit of sunshine... What could be better... :p ;) :rolleyes:

Adam_F
21-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Quick go out and buy a wireless router!!! Get the best of both worlds then... Mine, Dans, Adams and johnny's beautiful tones and a bit of sunshine... What could be better... :p ;) :rolleyes:

A nice cold :beer1: too :D

jamesh
21-04-2008, 02:23 PM
oh yes.... and a pitch bendless stream :D:D:D (probably only dan and adam will know what i'm going on about there!!!)

Adam_F
21-04-2008, 02:31 PM
LoL, still doing it is it?

CRAZY K
21-04-2008, 04:41 PM

Cruising down the River Nene on my Boat with a bottle of Red Wine?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CRAZY K

CRAZY K
21-04-2008, 04:44 PM

I had a busy week---including dealing with members of the public who read my posts on MDA.

:D :D :D

CRAZY K

Penfold42
21-04-2008, 04:48 PM
I had a busy week---including dealing with members of the public who read my posts on MDA.

:D :D :D

CRAZY K

:lol:

jamesh
22-04-2008, 01:40 AM
OK so the next announcement regarding the NADJ Broadcast...

We really are going fully interactive this year!!! (just hope the freebie technology holds out!) On sunday you will be able to Listen, WATCH and take part in parts of the day such as the seminars and competitions...

Yep we will be streaming live video from the seminar room, visuals and maybe the odd music video as well as the audio and asking your questions at the seminars!!! It's about as fully interactive as you can get without being there!!!! AND ALL FOR FREE!

Oh and we will have a few comps with prizes to give away too - so you don't feel left out.... Not quite £2500 worth but it's something!

Hows that for the people that can't make it to the show??? :D

So if you can't make the show join the fun at http://www.nadj.org.uk/show

Studio is all built and ready to go now... Just got to learn OTS Scheduling and then we're away... If i would have known about the video integration earlier i would have gone for OTS AV TV Broadcaster rather than the radio broadcaster but oh well you live and learn :D

jamesh
25-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Rough Schedule for Sunday...

PLEASE NOTE: As this is a live show and live broadcast the times and items within the show are as a rough guide only. Show the time run short some of the features mentioned may only be available online after the event - just depends on what we get time for and what we don't.... oh and what goes wrong :D :eek: ;)

12:00 (GMT)
Show opens and Live Stream Starts

12:10 (GMT)
What's to come during the show - seminars and times, Meet the team.

12:25 (GMT)
Reverse Rewind Competition and First brief look at what's going on up in the exhibition room

12:40 (GMT)
Interview (guest to be revealed on the day!)

12:55 (GMT)
Discussion - The benefits of DJ Forums for you and your business.

13:15 (GMT)
Seminar 1 With World Champion DJ Cutmaster Swift

Short set demonstrating his skills; Q&A session followed by opportunity for visitors to get on the decks with him and pick up some tips and give it a try. An unbeatable opportunity for anyone interested in this style of DJ'ing. Sponsored by DMC.

13:50 (GMT)
Thoughts on the seminar - Update on what's going on in the exhibition room

14:15 (GMT)
Seminar 2 - DJ Academy – Learning a Profession

Presentation covering various subjects including: learning to DJ in different styles, preparing for being self employed as a DJ, demonstrating the courses they run, Q&A session, opportunity to talk one to one and try out some stuff with the guys.

14:50 (GMT)
Competition Update followed by the benefits of DJ Forums for you and your business. PART 2 and viewers points of view

15:00 (GMT)
DJ Licensing - MCPS/PRS with DJ Licensing Working Party (LWP)

Interactive presentation on the new licence, why its necessary, how it works, venue policing etc.

Joint Q&A session with the LWP. A hot topic that will no doubt contain some vigorous debate.

15:50 (GMT)
Interview with DJ Show North regarding the up and coming show in Leeds later in the Year.

16:00 (GMT)
The Mobile DJ Marketplace

Derek Pengelly presents an assessment of the mobile DJ marketplace. This is accompanied by a host of ideas and strategies for improving your income from your mobile DJ business.

16:40 (GMT)
Competition Update...

16:45 (GMT)
Hearing Protection and Noise at Work Regulations

Presentation by Audio Relief on the issue of hearing for protection for DJs as part of the RNID's 'Don't Lose the Music' campaign. Showing ways to protect DJ's hearing. Explaining new regulations that come into force for the entertainment industry in April and what DJs need to know.

17:20 (GMT)
Benifits of joining NADJ, What NADJ is about, how to join, costs... etc...

17:30 (GMT)
NADJ AGM

Very brief reports on the past year's business and accounts followed by Chairman's short presentation followed by elections.

17:55 (GMT)
NADJ Interactive Broadcast Competition Results & Answer

18:00 (GMT)
SHOW PRIZE DRAW – NOT TO BE MISSED

Over £3000 worth of prizes to be won - See prizes page for the list of prizes that can be won in person at the show.

18:15 (GMT)
Overall thoughts of the show, What people thought of the seminars as mentioned at 17:25... Plus Show round Up, Sign off to After show Party Crew...

So If you can't make it to the show on the 27th April 2008 Tune in from 12:00 (GMT) and Join in the fun!

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-04-2008, 11:29 AM
So, 12:55 and 3pm are the important times then...hehehe

jamesh
25-04-2008, 11:48 AM
ha ha yeah if times go to plan... people will just have to tune in all day in case. :D:P:D

Jiggles
27-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Bump!

djsteve10
27-04-2008, 07:55 PM
The live broadcast was very good if you ask me :D

rob1963
27-04-2008, 10:09 PM
The live broadcast was very good if you ask me :D

Agreed.

I watched part of it, including an interesting talk about our business & how we can improve.

Tom
27-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Did anyone watch the DJ Licence section??? Was intresting to hear what others had to say...

Jiggles
27-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Well if it all goes ahead then i may have to give it all up. I wont be able to afford it...

Tom
27-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Did you watch it then Callum??? From what I can remember is if you are copying from 1 to 5000 tracks from a cd to a hd them this could cost anything from £250 to £500.

If your worried about it then maby just go to back to cd but invest in some quality cd decks like Denon, Pioneer and many others.

Penfold42
27-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Did anyone watch the DJ Licence section??? Was intresting to hear what others had to say...

Very interesting part of the day........:)

Did you watch it then Callum??? From what I can remember is if you are copying from 1 to 5000 tracks from a cd to a hd them this could cost anything from £250 to £500.

If your worried about it then maby just go to back to cd but invest in some quality cd decks like Denon, Pioneer and many others.

Just pass the cost on.......£500 divide by number of gigs = £**.**
Simple....:)

robbiedj
27-04-2008, 11:42 PM
It was £250 (inclusive of vat) for up to 5000 then increments up to £500 for further tracks. Once paid for the tracks stay legal and the next year you pay for additional tracks only.

This is for back-up copies or changing from cd/vinyl to another format or reverse e.g. downloaded mp3 copied to cd. They appreciate that you will want to back up your collection.

We are still negotiating details such as compiling cds, thus cutting the number of cds you need to carry.

It has come down from original proposal of 2 licences @ £250 + vat each. It's not set in stone yet due to the additional details still to be thrashed out.

And, of course, it will be tax-deductable.

Tom
27-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Thank's for clearing that up Robbie. :)

Paul James Promotions
27-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Was worth popping down for an hour or so, and good to meet up briefly with a few of the MDD crew :)

Good to meet you Tom, James and Paul.

I listened with interest to the DJ license discussion. Just hope they do enough to police it, in which case I would be happy to pay the yearly fee. Some good questions from the audience.

Jamie

Corabar Steve
28-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Aparently Angela scared the chap from MCPS. (we found this out from him later in the day)

Dragonfly
28-04-2008, 10:17 AM
great show well worth going nice to see everyone again....... Angela sat on my knee :D :D :D :D :D

oh and there was a good discussion on licensing as well :D :D

Jiggles
28-04-2008, 10:19 AM
great show well worth going nice to see everyone again....... Angela sat on my knee :D :D :D :D :D

Hightlight of the day I take it! :D:D

Spirits High
28-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Good to meet you Tom, James and Paul.

I listened with interest to the DJ license discussion. Just hope they do enough to police it, in which case I would be happy to pay the yearly fee. Some good questions from the audience.

Jamie

You to mate and everyone else I met yesterday Daz, Steve, Angela, Tom, James, Danno, apologies if i've missed anyone ;)

Aparently Angela scared the chap from MCPS. (we found this out from him later in the day)

Don't believe that Steve :eek:

And after Dave got away with his "hairy legs" post :D :D

Corabar Steve
28-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Only because she forgot.

I'd have taken a photo of the knee incident, but didn't want to because it was during the AGM.

We also ended up with the Rhino flightcase (http://www.rhino-products.biz/19flight_cases/rhccr16udjr.htm)from the raffle.

Fitted in to the car quite nicely with the 10 pars & their cases, 2 starcloth backdrops & the ultimax double crossbar (well I couldn't go to a DJ show without buying something from them)

Lee's face was a picture when he saw me pushing the case through the car park (fell about laughing was an understatement)

Jiggles
28-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I wishing I was there now!!!

rob1963
28-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Will any photos from yesterday be appearing in the gallery section?

Penfold42
28-04-2008, 02:20 PM

I think Daz was the David Bailey for the day.....

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-04-2008, 02:20 PM

I have a few - I did start to take some and then forgot...:o

I did spend quite a long time running about and talking to people.

Did anyone see me as the roving reporter at the licensing debate? :D

Penfold42
28-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I did spend quite a long time running about and talking to people.
Bit like Beadles about.......:D (in a nice way! :) )

Did anyone see me as the roving reporter at the licensing debate? :D
:lol:.........running around like a jack rabbit........:D :D :D :D

Danno13
28-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Well.. great day, but was so busy for most of the day that I didn't really look round any of the stands. Apologies to anyone that I didn't get chance to meet/chat to and those that I only spoke to briefly.

Also, a big thanks to everyone that tuned in to the show!

Just recovering from the evening do now!

If anyone has any photos, please email them to [email protected] and I'll get them up on the official gallery (when I make it!)

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-04-2008, 02:33 PM
If anyone has any photos, please email them to [email protected] and I'll get them up on the official gallery (when I make it!)

Yeah, or they could put them on here too....:rolleyes:

Dragonfly
28-04-2008, 02:38 PM
they didn't show it on the feed i don't think but i reacon DJ Yoda kicked mc slipmaster cut groover blokey mans butt on those decks !!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Danno13
28-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, or they could put them on here too....

Of course, I meant as well as :D

Penfold42
28-04-2008, 02:51 PM
they didn't show it on the feed i don't think but i reacon DJ Yoda kicked mc slipmaster cut groover blokey mans butt on those decks !!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Real pro......."I'm not using that mixer!!"
:D

Lee
28-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Only because she forgot.

I'd have taken a photo of the knee incident, but didn't want to because it was during the AGM.

We also ended up with the Rhino flightcase (http://www.rhino-products.biz/19flight_cases/rhccr16udjr.htm)from the raffle.

Fitted in to the car quite nicely with the 10 pars & their cases, 2 starcloth backdrops & the ultimax double crossbar (well I couldn't go to a DJ show without buying something from them)

Lee's face was a picture when he saw me pushing the case through the car park (fell about laughing was an understatement)

Thats because i know you wouldnt leave with out it :D

Spirits High
28-04-2008, 03:50 PM
mc slipmaster cut groover blokey man :D :D :D :D :D

Real name "Trevor" :D :D