PDA

View Full Version : sum1 help now pleeez

kirilee
22-04-2008, 05:41 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :bang:
now, where to start!just came into a small amount of money there and im singing in a band so still earning money to save! iv been wanting to set up my own karaoke and disco buisness for ears spent alot of time singing and hosting the karaokes but never had the gear myself and really dont know where to start on the tech side of things,i love the buzz of people enjoying themselves sing and im able to join in too! so here is my problem,have the monitor(t.v)have the scart and wires to connect to karaoke cdg player,have two speakers on stands,have the amp!have mics,discs coming outta me ears,and song books with it all out on paper! so now,just need some lights i rekon,but the thing is how do you sort out the connection for a disco inbetween people getting up to sing?????:bang: have an mp3,brand new,cant figure out how to download songs for a start on to it! nevermind trying to connect it to the amp somehow pleeeez im asking for any info you might find relevent at thanks and i hope to hear from sum1 swn :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi

Please say hello in the newbie section and please read the rules about the use of text talk on this forum.

Thanks.

theoloyla
22-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi Kirilee,
You say you've been hosting Karaoke for years and singing in a band. Sounds like you have been doing it with your eyes shut (or are you a natural blonde?). It seems that you have been fortunate to come into some money and know what you want to do but I think you might be better off looking for a partner to help you in your new enterprise.

ppentertainments
22-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi Kirilee,
You say you've been hosting Karaoke for years and singing in a band. Sounds like you have been doing it with your eyes shut (or are you a natural blonde?). It seems that you have been fortunate to come into some money and know what you want to do but I think you might be better off looking for a partner to help you in your new enterprise.

Agree !! Although you are a great entertainer you do need a little technical know how in order to operate and keep operating. A trip to a local DJ shop would be a good start then you can see all the options open to you. Not sure about your area but we have a few really good ones round here who are great if you are 'going in blind'. Be wise with your money as it will be easily spent on the wrong equipment. As mentioned a partner would be a good idea or at least someone (another DJ ??) with the knowledge about the equipment, setting up, legalities etc etc.

Don't forget though we all started off at sometime. It takes years to build up a reputation and your equipment. Money may be able to buy the best but money cannot show you how to use it to the best of its abilities.

kirilee
24-04-2008, 04:08 PM
hey thanks for that guys,i havnt read rules but will do so now!yes used to be blonde! now when i say i came into money i dont mean alot i mean money that i had saved knowing what i wanted to do the unfortunate thing is,is that modern technology has come on somewhat since i was a teenager with a cd,thinking i was great with it ha ha,mp3?! ipod?! wow the list is endless,i suppose i will just have to go and verbaly talk to someone to get instant info,thanks again,and i wish you all well :D

Shaun
24-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Kirilee, Please take a moment to introduce yourself in the 'newbies' section. Thanks.

djsteve10
24-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Kirliee please take a moment to introduces yourself in the newbies section, give members and an isite on what you do, The forum members will be much more helpful if you introduce yourself, Just all about politness on here but Welcome aboard.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Please say hello in the newbie section

Kirilee, Please take a moment to introduce yourself in the 'newbies' section. Thanks.

Kirliee please take a moment to introduces yourself in the newbies section

They might have the message now...;)

Corabar Steve
25-04-2008, 08:20 AM
It might be an idea to introduce yourself in the newbies section :sj:

djsteve10
25-04-2008, 02:21 PM
It might be an idea to introduce yourself in the newbies section :sj:

haha i do that now LMAO