PDA

View Full Version : £15 moving head flight case

yourdj
24-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Dont know if this has been done before, but just bought a plastic container which perfectly fits my pearl river moving heads (similar to imove 7) from STAPLES. There is no movement and i have room for cables or padding too :)

Its tough, waterproof and they stack really well.

Check out this site:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b42_0litre.php

Gonna bring all my scanners down to find ones for them too ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Sorry to say, one of my pet hates is buying expensive lighting and carrying it round in a cardboard box or a plastic crate.

Get a proper case - it doesn't have to be mega bucks, but will be made for the job and keep kit protected and looking new.

BeerFunk
24-04-2008, 11:25 PM
They do mention on that page that there is a special version, with high impact plastic, but I suspect both versions would be a false economy in the long run. The good thing about a high quality flightcase is that they keep their value, even 10 years down the line.

yourdj
25-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Your right about the stupidness of cheap cases for expensive lights as the sturdy flught cases are much batter and can be used as stands for the lights and other gear too.

Just dont have any money this month as have to pay my girlfriends ex 7k this month so i recon they are better than carrying them without a box :) as sooner or later i will drop one or it will get wet :eek:

I was really surprised as they fitted perfectly! And will do the job for now anyway :p

They do mention on that page that there is a special version, with high impact plastic,

Yes saw that when writing this post but STAPLES only have clear.

I like the idea of using black ones and putting my company logo on them. also know one knows what is in them unlike my greenhouses i have bought ;)

Still proper cases are much better.

I will use them for my crappier lights in the future or leads etc.

BeerFunk
25-04-2008, 09:33 AM
They look OK for a temporary solution, I've seen much more flimsy crates than them!

yourdj
25-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Dont lots of people just use the boxes they came with wrapped with ducktape?

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Dont lots of people just use the boxes they came with wrapped with ducktape?

Probably, but it still looks horrible!

djsteve10
25-04-2008, 12:52 PM
If you want your gear to last then go for proper cases, When i turn up to a job the back of the van or trailer is full of metal cases and it looks more professional taking them into a high class venue rather than aload of cardboard boxes bodged up with gaffa tape.

The main thing i go buy is you look after your gear and it will look after you!

yourdj
25-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Your very right