PDA

View Full Version : Lighting for weddings

Sapphire Disco
30-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Been thinking about getting some simple lighting for weddings as most of my lighting effects are fast very disco type lights.

Quite like the idea of either of these ( bottom one X 2 ) which is best? would be about the same money for either.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Why not Led cans or bars Paul?

Out of those two, I'd go for the bottom one as you can mix the colours whereas with the colour changers you can't.

UltraBeat Entertainment
30-04-2008, 01:47 PM
If your aim is purely just to light up the room in pretty colours i think you should look at some of the new LED Par cans as already suggested. i personally think they look better and the options are endless.

Sam
30-04-2008, 03:30 PM
If your aim is purely just to light up the room in pretty colours i think you should look at some of the new LED Par cans as already suggested. i personally think they look better and the options are endless.

For disco use I would go for LED cans.
After using a iColour I wouldn't get another one.

Sam

soundtracker
30-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Wonder why the par can shape seems to be more popular than the flat-type LEDs? They don't really need to be par-can shaped, it just makes them a pain to transport.

Sam
30-04-2008, 04:26 PM
I personally think parcans look bigger than a bit wedge of flat panel LEDs.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Wonder why the par can shape seems to be more popular than the flat-type LEDs?

Cos they look a bit like the old fashioned spotbanks....:eek:

Penfold42
30-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Out of the two the top ones......pointing in the direction of 2 mirror balls....:)

soundtracker
30-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Cos they look a bit like the old fashioned spotbanks....:eek:

and whys that good?

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-04-2008, 04:34 PM
and whys that good?

I didnt say it was good. :confused:

More people buy the cans as they look like cans and not spotbanks like the flat led panels. Anyway, it was a throwaway comment of which you didn't get...:rolleyes:

Sapphire Disco
30-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Why not Led cans or bars Paul

I'm just not sure that I like Led lights, I just want to create a glow of subtle colours for slow dances, I'm thinking of when I do weddings for older couples.
Yes I know there could be younger people there as well, but I can always whack on a couple of scanners & a laser for them if appropriate.

Sam
30-04-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm just not sure that I like Led lights, I just want to create a glow of subtle colours for slow dances, I'm thinking of when I do weddings for older couples.
Yes I know there could be younger people there as well, but I can always whack on a couple of scanners & a laser for them if appropriate.

Urm.. I'm guessing you have not looked into the iColour much then.

The LED pars are great for "creating" a glow.. infact that is what they are best for.. they are not something I would ever try lighting a band with for example (at the moment anyway).
And iColour on full power is similar to a floodlight - 2000w and standing about 2 metres away you will feel the stupid amounts of heat coming from it when the light is on.

I.E - If you want subtly glows.. ledparcans are the way to go not massive (and they are pretty big IColours). If you are worried about the "glare" from a LED ParCan.. just buy some diffuser / frost and put it in the gel frame (that comes with some of the cans).

CRAZY K
30-04-2008, 06:48 PM

Old fashioned round par cans--thats what I use.

Four colours and it works well with scanners, goboflowers and Impossibled effects.

CRAZY K

Sam
30-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeh.. the advantage of LEDs of course is the colour changing aspects, no heat and longer life than the lamps :)