PDA

View Full Version : Mad scan vs abstract extreme

DaveyG1980
01-05-2008, 11:53 AM
hi all

does anyone have the following lights and if so could you tell me whats the difference between them etc whats good and bad.

I know they are different prices and i know ones 150 discharge and other is 250 watt.

Is there much difference in the quality of them and how reliable they are etc.

http://www.soundlightuk.com/Abstract/Xtreme/xp3_spin.htm

http://www.soundlightuk.com/MAD/spin.htm (scroll to bottom of screen to see them)

cheers all.:beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Before you make comparisons and decide, the Mad Spins aren't made anymore, so I would get in touch with DFB and ask if they have any in stock.

DaveyG1980
01-05-2008, 12:02 PM
thanks for that, but if i you had the choice which would you buy if had the choice. i know the mads are very reliable but are the extreme range just as good.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I would go for the Mad stuff. One of my DJs uses it and it is very reliable and they produce very nice colours and gobos and are very easy to control with the simple controller you can buy for them.

DaveyG1980
01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
but i think you can use tha same controller with the extreme. maybe its worth saving the extra money and try an get hold of the mads.

djsteve10
01-05-2008, 06:11 PM
I use the Abstract Extreme DJ stuff and it is very good kit but the only downside to it is that they are a little costly on the lamps side of things.

I have seen the Mad Range of these that are in white which are installed in a local social club to me but i do personally think that the Abstract Extreme DJ Range is better.

DaveyG1980
02-05-2008, 06:42 AM
what extreme stuff do you use. as i have just noticed there is the extreme pro aswell as the ones which i posted in my first post.

When you mean costly the bulbs do you mean they dont last long or just expensive to buy etc.

and with range you have do you use the controller with them.

think i might look at getting the extreme pro more money but the bulbs will last long time and long term will save money.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
what extreme stuff do you use. as i have just noticed there is the extreme pro aswell as the ones which i posted in my first post.

When you mean costly the bulbs do you mean they dont last long or just expensive to buy etc.

and with range you have do you use the controller with them.

think i might look at getting the extreme pro more money but the bulbs will last long time and long term will save money.

The Extreme Pro is the newer version of the Extreme stuff I think. There were problems with lamps going very quickly with the earlier versions apparantly.

bank
02-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Personally, I use Mad equipment, and I would say it is great, very reliable, good selection of colours and gobos, easy to use and setup, although as the business is no longer around, there is little or no support for the equipment. EVL used to make the mad gear before they sold the business to abstract. If I had the choice, regardless, I would choose mad everytime.