PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Fluid

DJWayne
05-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Ok have just bought a new zoom z30 bubble machine as i have a few new ideas on how to use bubbles in my show (behave you pervs) :)

I have seen a few reviews that say only use good quality bubble fluid or you end up with a dance floor like an ice rink etc.

I have never really thought about the quality of the bubble juice i have used in the past but with this machine as its capable of generating a hell of a lot of bubbles i thought it would be worth asking for recomendations from people who may know as I dont :)

So what is the best fluid to use help please :)

Sam
05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
To be honest with you... I very much think whatever fluid you use... your dance floor will still end up in a dangerous state.... unless you occasionally give it a mop or something....

UltraBeat Entertainment
06-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Hi DJWayne

As many on here have negative views about bubble machines i hope i can help:rolleyes:.
For the last 6 months I've been using 2x Zoom z10 bubble machines on my rig (either side) at my younger gigs to great effect. in fact it has been known for a lot of adults to love the bubbles too including ages of 50+:).

In my experience the quality of the bubble fluid doesnt make that much of a difference apart from the cheaper fluid is more water based and the more expensive fluid leaves a sticky substance on the floor.

But the biggest tip i have for you to stop the dance floor becoming an ice rink is to locate the machines above head height. I have found since I've added mine to my overhead lighting bar i have much more coverage and as they are spread out over a larger space the dance floor doesn't become slippery.
But i must advise you when using bubble machines keep a close eye on the state of the floor as every venue is different and the last thing you want is a court claim against you!!!

rob1963
06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
To be honest with you... I very much think whatever fluid you use... your dance floor will still end up in a dangerous state.... unless you occasionally give it a mop or something....

Just what I was thinking.

Regardless of the fluid you use, bubbles pop, and when they do, the fluid falls to the floor.

End result...dance floor turns into a skating rink.

Make sure you have PLI which covers it!

JAMdisco
06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
I had a young girl (around 14-15) call up yesterday asking about disco prices. After I had asked her a few relevant questions I gave her a price to which she replied "and what do I get for that?". I said, obviously a high quality digital sound system, intelligent lights and smoke machine venue permitting and I could throw in some glow sticks too.

She then asked if I have a foam machine or bubble machine. I explained that due to the dangers of a slippery dance floor I don't use bubble machines and I'm sure most venues probably won't entertain a foam machine.

She very politely said she'll phone around and call me back if she can't get anyone else???

Good luck I told her.

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I suppose you could get the client to sign a disclaimer of some sort?

JAMdisco
06-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah, like "If you or any of your guests should slip on the floor I will not be held liable for injury or death"

Might get a few people thinking....Mmmm maybe I don't want bubbles after all. :D :D :D

Sam
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Just what I was thinking.

Regardless of the fluid you use, bubbles pop, and when they do, the fluid falls to the floor.

End result...dance floor turns into a skating rink.

Make sure you have PLI which covers it!

exactly.
they have to go somewhere.

it wont turn into pixie dust when it hits the floor haha.

Vectis
06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I have a disclaimer form which is supplemental to the main T&Cs for anyone requesting bubbles. No form, no bubbles. Don't know how watertight it is but then it's never been tested because we always keep a close watch on the state of the floor and I've been known to send the roadie out with a couple of old towels to clear up if necessary.

One tip is to keep moving the nozzle so different parts of the room get "hit".

DJWayne
09-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi DJWayne

As many on here have negative views about bubble machines i hope i can help:rolleyes:.
For the last 6 months I've been using 2x Zoom z10 bubble machines on my rig (either side) at my younger gigs to great effect. in fact it has been known for a lot of adults to love the bubbles too including ages of 50+:).

In my experience the quality of the bubble fluid doesnt make that much of a difference apart from the cheaper fluid is more water based and the more expensive fluid leaves a sticky substance on the floor.

But the biggest tip i have for you to stop the dance floor becoming an ice rink is to locate the machines above head height. I have found since I've added mine to my overhead lighting bar i have much more coverage and as they are spread out over a larger space the dance floor doesn't become slippery.
But i must advise you when using bubble machines keep a close eye on the state of the floor as every venue is different and the last thing you want is a court claim against you!!!

Thanks some good points there have tried a few machines out in the past and found using it in short bursts usually keeps the dancefloor from getting too slippery just wondered whether fluid quality helped as well.

As for kids parties you could fire 100,000,000 bubbles into the air and i doubt 10 would hit the floor lol :D

Sam
09-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks some good points there have tried a few machines out in the past and found using it in short bursts usually keeps the dancefloor from getting too slippery just wondered whether fluid quality helped as well.

As for kids parties you could fire 100,000,000 bubbles into the air and i doubt 10 would hit the floor lol :D

Don't get me wrong.
I do actually have a bubble machine ( a massive 2 blower thingy) but if it is used it is now always offset from the dance floor to one side.
The kids still have fun though.
And I often have to go and do a bit of quick mopping - as even with very light use it still makes the floor a bit dodgy - I nearly slipped over and dropped one of my moving heads a while ago.

Sam
14-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I have a disclaimer form which is supplemental to the main T&Cs for anyone requesting bubbles. No form, no bubbles. Don't know how watertight it is but then it's never been tested because we always keep a close watch on the state of the floor and I've been known to send the roadie out with a couple of old towels to clear up if necessary.

One tip is to keep moving the nozzle so different parts of the room get "hit".

Just to add on to this..
Your disclaimer would not stand.

Something I just posted on another topic

you can't disclaim liability for death or personaly injury. if you had a poster warning that it would be slippery, and people then chose to go on the floor then you might be able to reduce any damages you were liable for but you'd still be liable

So a disclaimer is not good enough.
You need to make sure it does nto affect the dance floor.
This is why if I use our bubble machine (doesn't happen very often but I got it cheap!) it is always offset from the dance floor.