PDA

View Full Version : One step forward, one step back!

Excalibur
10-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm desperate to get this digital rig on the road, I can't wait. Aren't we all like that though, once the idea is set in mind, it must happen at once.:D

Main problem is tagging the mp3's, I've got one or two lacking info and some very annoying ones mistagged. I've installed media monkey, and it's good to use, but my biggest problem is editing everything?:confused: When you're like me with PC's I usually end up about two clicks from where I want to be.
As an aside, the laptop won't update the Datadase on the HD, but the PC will? :confused: The lappy won't connect to the livebox, wirelessly, so I can't let rest of family surf while I work!
I hope to be well on the way by next weekend, especially if this tagging prob gets sorted.

Oh yes, and I tunes???? so far a nightmare with my unstable internet connection.

Corabar Steve
10-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Should've got a Denon :sj:

Have you looked at Tag&Rename?

djsteve10
10-05-2008, 11:00 AM
i agree with Steve, Tag&Rename is a very good program, well worth the £15 spent!

Penfold42
10-05-2008, 12:08 PM

You beat me to it......:D :D

What are you ripping in...?? Audiograbber??
Windows media...(i think)...will let you change the tag while your doing it and after.....:)

Corabar Steve
10-05-2008, 12:13 PM
So will Audiograbber

Penfold42
10-05-2008, 12:15 PM
So will Audiograbber

I loaded Audiograbber but never actually used it....found windows easy enough.........

I stand corrected......:o

CRAZY K
10-05-2008, 12:45 PM

Nope===should have phoned the number I supplied

Mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

CRAZY K

Excalibur
10-05-2008, 02:01 PM

I'd still have had to do the same work though, so :p .For what it's worth, The cortex seems to fit my requirements and working style very well. In the far distant future, I can see me adding a 3000 to the rack, with a cd drive on USB, and leaving everything else at home.
Tag & Rename? No.

i agree with Steve, Tag&Rename is a very good program, well worth the £15 spent!

What, more expense? :confused: :mad:

You beat me to it......:D :D

What are you ripping in...?? Audiograbber??
Windows media...(i think)...will let you change the tag while your doing it and after.....:)

Windows, it does what I want well enough, and I can understand some of it!

Nope===should have phoned the number I supplied

Mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

CRAZY K

Don't worry mate, I'm saving that for when I'm really stuck. ( Sunday probably :D )

PC World now, for second HD, keyboard, and odds and ends. Will this spending never end?

CRAZY K
10-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I'd still have had to do the same work though, so :p .For what it's worth, The cortex seems to fit my requirements and working style very well. In the far distant future, I can see me adding a 3000 to the rack, with a cd drive on USB, and leaving everything else at home.
Tag & Rename? No.

What, more expense? :confused: :mad:

Windows, it does what I want well enough, and I can understand some of it!

Don't worry mate, I'm saving that for when I'm really stuck. ( Sunday probably :D )

PC World now, for second HD, keyboard, and odds and ends. Will this spending never end?

I would take the laptop as back up and leave everything else at home;)

I would go to the Holiday camp for the HDD-if you can

Sunday--out on the boat--make it evening :D :D :D

CRAZY K

Excalibur
10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
I would take the laptop as back up and leave everything else at home;)

I would go to the Holiday camp for the HDD-if you can

Sunday--out on the boat--make it evening :D :D :D

CRAZY K

Jury's still out on that one. :D
Aye aye Captain, mind the icebergs. ;) :D :D

rob1963
10-05-2008, 05:12 PM

So will Audiograbber

So will itunes

JAMdisco
12-05-2008, 09:45 AM

Probably not, as my wife keeps finding out :(
This DJ business is costing me a small fortune, partly my own fault really as I've got my complete rig to an above average standard, but I always seem to find things I can improve on and end up convincing myself I need it :confused:

Excalibur
12-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Probably not, as my wife keeps finding out :(
This DJ business is costing me a small fortune, partly my own fault really as I've got my complete rig to an above average standard, but I always seem to find things I can improve on and end up convincing myself I need it :confused:

Like the two trolleys I'm going to sell you for a start!:D :D

JAMdisco
13-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Like the two trolleys I'm going to sell you for a start!:D :D

2 Trolleys:eek: Why would I need 2? As a back-up I'll use my back!!!:D

Excalibur
13-05-2008, 07:04 PM
2 Trolleys:eek: Why would I need 2? As a back-up I'll use my back!!!:D

As someone who sold his actives cos he couldn't carry them, I think you're bluffing! Anyway, they're different designs. One's high capacity, and the other's a rough terrain model! :D

Dragonfly
13-05-2008, 07:08 PM
As someone who sold his actives cos he couldn't carry them, I think you're bluffing! Anyway, they're different designs. One's high capacity, and the other's a rough terrain model! :D

lets off road!!!!!

Excalibur
14-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Thank you to Justin, for setting up the internet on the laptop. When I can stay awake, I can now rip on two machines at once!:D
Three thousand and counting.

JAMdisco
15-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Thank you to Justin, for setting up the internet on the laptop. When I can stay awake, I can now rip on two machines at once!:D

Don't mention it Peter, wasn't really that hard and it got me 2 trolleys for free (cheers) and a nice meal cooked by Mrs Excalibur! :D :D :D

djsteve10
15-05-2008, 09:57 AM

Your gettting there slowly then.
Once you get to the final cd you will be glad that is over but there is a sense of reward there for you.

Excalibur
15-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Your gettting there slowly then.
Once you get to the final cd you will be glad that is over but there is a sense of reward there for you.

I'm using media monkey, it seems more accurate than Windows media player, but sadly it's slower, so I really need two machines! Two weeks till it goes on the road!:eek: