PDA

View Full Version : SEDA Show Tonight

Tom
18-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Is any body here going to the SEDA show in Maidstone tonight?

Just thought I would ask and maby say hello later on.

theoloyla
18-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes I will be there again.

Tom
18-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Cool. Thats 2 so far. :)

theoloyla
18-05-2008, 02:39 PM
With all the special offers and demos on tonight I think there will be a few more there than just you and me!

Tom
18-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I mean 2 from this site who are members of MDD. This should be a good nite.

musicbox
18-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Yup I will be there

See you there

Pete

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-05-2008, 04:55 PM
I must get organised and come to one of these nights - they sound like fun and I'd get to meet the legendary Theo!

theoloyla
18-05-2008, 04:56 PM
I would be delighted but believe me there are much better reasons for going.

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-05-2008, 04:59 PM
I would be delighted but believe me there are much better reasons for going.

When is the next one Theo - I'll see if I can round up a few people.

theoloyla
18-05-2008, 05:01 PM
When is the next one Theo - I'll see if I can round up a few people.
20th of July. For full details go to www.seda.org.uk

Tom
18-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Just thought I would say a little somthing about the show tonight but I know other will fill in for anything I missed.

Looked like a great turn out, even though I didn't know anyone. Saw a few people on here like RobbieDJ and DMX Will.

Denon have some new firmware coming out in two weeks. So there is some new for all you HD2500 users. Cant remember everything but it has some new bits for keyboard typeing and also is has a new function called Hotstart. Like the crate function on the Numark D2 but this is for the Denon.

Funktion did there little. The introduction was a bit long. He was talking about why you should use better mixers and not cheap one's as they affect the sound a lot as well as other stuff. The demo was really good. Played different styles of music from soft vocals to more upbeat music so you could hear who cabs from all genre of music.

Allied Sound and Light turned up with a mobile shop. Lots of LED lights on show and for sale. At last I got to hear the W Audio Senith range of speakers and tbh I did like them. The subs were rather punchy, quite hard hitting, but I then saw the eq and the bass was turned up quite a lot but there no distortion that I could hear. So far so good.

They also has the new Equinox range of LEd lights in stock. These lights do seem a lot brighter than the Marvled and Impossibled and that bit cheaper aswell. Anyone wanted to buy some movers would of enjoys this deal. They had 4x HID i-move (if im correct). There were b stock but only because the box was ripped. I dont know if I can put the price but if some says its ok then I will add the price, and you will be shocked aswell. lol

Glow sticks has a good stall. Lots of glow sticks for sale including glow stick hats.

Also in a corner they had the new led floor tiles. I didnt hear much about them but they did look good on the floor. They weigh about 50kg each but they are qute pricy. Again, if I put a price of how much they are just let me know admin or mods. :)

And dont forget the PRS/MCPS and PPL. I wont go in to it but there was more talk about this again. Same stuff being asked again really tbh. Im sure Robbie can fill in for me on this one. :)

Thats about it I think. Just thought I would post a little somthing up about it.

DMX Will
18-05-2008, 11:36 PM
ooked like a great turn out, even though I didn't know anyone. Saw a few people on here like RobbieDJ and DMX Will.

You should have come and said Hi!

Someone actually came up to me and asked if I was DMX Will, right after I said to someone "Wouldn't it be funny if..." well you get the picture!

Jiggles
18-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Small world feeling.

Tom
18-05-2008, 11:49 PM
You should have come and said Hi!

Someone actually came up to me and asked if I was DMX Will, right after I said to someone "Wouldn't it be funny if..." well you get the picture!

I did hear that you name was called out but thats not me.

I was going to but my nerves got the better of me. If you saw someone walking around with gree camo trousers on and a black hoodie with a mohawk....well that was me. lol.

Corabar Steve
19-05-2008, 09:07 AM
I must get organised and come to one of these nights - they sound like fun and I'd get to meet the legendary Theo!
You can pick me up en-route :sj:

h8ytr
19-05-2008, 09:22 AM
I went last night too, quite a good night...got to meet Ian Forest from the orange forum and see OTS used with a controller.

The moving heads were £600 for 4.
The led dancefloor was owned by somebody who hires it out....I think the large version gets hired out for £1200 a night!

DMX Will
19-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I did hear that you name was called out but thats not me.

I was going to but my nerves got the better of me. If you saw someone walking around with gree camo trousers on and a black hoodie with a mohawk....well that was me. lol.

Ahh, yes - I remember seeing someone of that elk! Next time come and say Hi :), it's nice to meet MOBILE djs of a similar age! Rather than just wannabes/bedroom djs!

Tom
19-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Ahh, yes - I remember seeing someone of that elk! Next time come and say Hi :), it's nice to meet MOBILE djs of a similar age! Rather than just wannabes/bedroom djs!

Totally agree with you. :bang:

Next show I will pop over and say hello.

The whole point of these shows is to meet new people as see new gear. Well I get the new gear part, i'm still working on the talking to people part. lol

theoloyla
19-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Likewise. Dont be backward in coming forward. I dont bite - often!

Corabar Steve
19-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Ahh, yes - I remember seeing someone of that elk!
http://www.centuryinter.net/nacent/ozark/elk1.jpg

Tom at the SEDA show yesterday.

Tom
19-05-2008, 09:49 PM
To be honest, I didn't see you at the show. I was looking about for face's but to no luck. :( I did see robbie with a pint or 2...... lol

DMX Will
20-05-2008, 12:58 PM
To be honest, I didn't see you at the show. I was looking about for face's but to no luck. :( I did see robbie with a pint or 2...... lol

Is that to Theo? I think judging by his forum picture he was the chap sitting in front of the Funkton One setup?

He also spoke during the dubbing license talk.

Tom
20-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Is that to Theo? I think judging by his forum picture he was the chap sitting in front of the Funkton One setup?

He also spoke during the dubbing license talk.

Sorry, that was aimed at Theo.

Was he, ohh, didn't see him. :o

theoloyla
20-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Yep that was me!

robbiedj
20-05-2008, 06:50 PM

I trust you don't mean me, as I had coke and a J2O. But I did buy my colleague Peter a pint. I never drink when I'm working or driving. :eek:

Tom
20-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Sorry Robbie. I did see you with a pint so I thought it was yours. :o I take that back what I said.

theoloyla
22-05-2008, 02:35 PM
And I was drinking diet tonic as I am on a diet!