PDA

View Full Version : tagging dramas

Spirits High
06-06-2008, 06:47 AM
morning party people:D

Last night ripped a load of 80's tracks, went through Denon music manager and edited the tags as they weren't quite right but when I went to play them through the 2500 all that came up was the first letter from the title :eek:

When it's on DDJMM the tags are complete with title, artist, genre etc but when do the search bit on the 2500 no joy :confused:

Any ideas???

As a bit of additional int , the one's that aren't tagging right have like a little square symbol after the title when it's in DDJMM??

Don't know if that helps

Shaun
06-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Which firmware version are you running on the Denon?. It sounds like a unicode id3 problem, the older versions didn't support 'unicode' and displayed the problems you're experiencing, but this issue has been resolved with the latest firmware upgrades. What software are you using to tag your files?.

Spirits High
06-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Which firmware version are you running on the Denon?. It sounds like a unicode id3 problem, the older versions didn't support 'unicode' and displayed the problems you're experiencing, but this issue has been resolved with the latest firmware upgrades. What software are you using to tag your files?.

Hi Shaun,

Good question about firmware, i'll have to check it out although the denon was new in feb this year so would like to think it was upto date ;)

Using audiograbber no probs before.

I had a fiddle about earlier and think its something to do with there being a track number there as I went in and re tagged a couple without this and it seems to be ok now.

Had to delete them all out of music manager, nice job to do again later :eek:

That'll be a sunday job to re do them as i'm gigging tonight and saturday.

Penfold42
06-06-2008, 08:42 AM
There's a thread on here with the new firmware.....but you need the numbers off the back or do you want a copy sent to your e-mail address...as Daz sent me it but i can forward it on if you like...!

:)

Spirits High
06-06-2008, 08:59 AM
There's a thread on here with the new firmware.....but you need the numbers off the back or do you want a copy sent to your e-mail address...as Daz sent me it but i can forward it on if you like...!

You know what mate , I even read that thread the other day! best I action it then;)

Think last time I got the numbers off the box in the loft :D So should have written them down.

If you could email it across it would be spotty dog :beer1:

Is it just a case of dropping it onto the external hard drive?

Penfold42
06-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Is it just a case of dropping it onto the external hard drive?

No there are instructions......and i think that was a bit of a bum stear anyway.....:o

I'll send it when i can....:)

Spirits High
06-06-2008, 09:07 AM
No there are instructions......and i think that was a bit of a bum stear anyway.....:o

I'll send it when i can....:)

Thank you ice cream freezer :D

CRAZY K
06-06-2008, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=Spirits High;241008]morning party people:D

Last night ripped a load of 80's tracks, went through Denon music manager and edited the tags as they weren't quite right but when I went to play them through the 2500 all that came up was the first letter from the title :eek:

When it's on DDJMM the tags are complete with title, artist, genre etc but when do the search bit on the 2500 no joy :confused:

Any ideas???

As a bit of additional int , the one's that aren't tagging right have like a little square symbol after the title when it's in DDJMM??

Don't know if that helps[/QUOTE

When I used Audiograbber as recommended by Steve / Daz I did any alterations to the tagging on my PC whilst still in Audiograbber before transferring to HD.

Dont know if that makes a difference?

The Cortex seems quite happy with that

CRAZY K

Spirits High
06-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi Alan,

I've not had any problems in the past with audiograbber so not sure why it went a bit Pete Tong, may have something to do with me hanging out my hoop and not going to bed at a reasonable hour :D

Tom
06-06-2008, 04:15 PM

Thanks Tom. ;) :D

morning party people:D

As for tagging I never use DDJMM. I rip the albums/singles via itunes and do any re-tagging by right clicking on the track and clicking properties. Takes longer but I don't care.

Penfold42
06-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks Tom. ;) :D

Was it you.....ta very much.....:)

Tom
06-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Was it you.....ta very much.....:)

No worries. :) When I heard about the new firmware at the SEDA show I have been waiting for it to become avaliable to download. Like my anti virus, I like to keep things up to date. :)