PDA

View Full Version : The Best CD+g/DVD Players

501damian501
06-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Hello time again for another Topic, This one should be a big one.. Whats the best CD+G/DVD player to go for my budget for one is around the £100 - £150 price range, all the ones i have been finding are just so called professional glorified home players,also pref a rack mountable one, many thanks damian

HaiFai
06-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi there Damian, I use the bluelaser (i think 888 model) had no issues with it plays dvd cd+g and many other formats which is also rack mountable.You may want to do a forum search as i think a thread has been done on this already.I know a couple of KJ's that use the vocopro players also.I only use mine on occasions as I mainly only DJ and have karaoke as an option extra.
David

501damian501
07-06-2008, 10:52 AM
theirs afew horrior storys on here about that make of model on the DVD playing side of things, i dont wanna be paying out well over £100 for sumthing which cannot play dvds, when i cud go to asda and buy a cheap dvd player lol, does yours work fine with dvd's ? many thanks damian

DazzyD
07-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Searching the forum could be helpful on this one as we've covered this topic before.

Personally, I use a number of players - the cheapest (and usually most reliable) is one from Mico which came from ASDA (I think) and it plays just about everything CD+Gs included.

Kernow
07-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi Damian
I use the Blue Laser 888u and have had no issues with any format, including DVD.
Because of it's inbuilt port it will also play USB devices such as Hard Disks & Portable Memory. With a plug in card reader it is also capable of playing from most forms of Memory Card.
It is supplied with optional rack mount wings.

501damian501
08-06-2008, 04:08 PM
whats the usb port on these new players all about, I know its all going digital but i was on the understanding if you went digital using cd+g's you could be in alot of bother, or are the manufactors just one step ahead trying to push the law to make it legal ? What sort of port speed it is 2.0 or the old 1.1? Many thanks damo

Kernow
08-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Usb 2.0