PDA

View Full Version : Venue Database - who wants to help?

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Please put your name and the area you can cover - it doesn't have to be at every venue, just the one's you feel you know enough about or work regularly at.

Any venues are fine, Hotel, golf club, village hall, social club, pub, function room etc

DJWilson
17-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I can help fill in for various venues

discomobiledj
17-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I'll help, just let me know.

Charlie Brown
17-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I can also help:)

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I need an approximate area from you guys please otherwise this might get a bit complicated!

DJWilson
17-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I can cover isle of sheppey and parts of Sittingbourne. That ok? :) and surrounding places of Sittingbourne, such as rodmersham.

Also ive done a few gigs in Deal near Dover.

discomobiledj
17-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I cover South East Essex, so Romford - Southend and upto Chelmsford.

DazzyD
17-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Count me in. Rather than select an area, though, would it not be a good idea for each forum member (who wants to help) to submit details for the venues they know well or have worked at recently and then just submit details for new venues as and when we've worked in them? If anyone uses a comprehensive booking system like the one we use then most people should already have a great deal of information already available.

Just my opinion. If not, I can cover venues in Sunderland, Durham, Washington, Gateshead and parts of Newcastle.

DJWilson
17-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Where are all this venue forms gettin uploaded to?

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Where are all this venue forms gettin uploaded to?

I've got to have a think about how we're going to do this yet!

DJWilson
17-06-2008, 07:53 PM
I've got to have a think about how we're going to do this yet!

Ok, you could ask Callum to design a website if it is going to be a different web account.

pagan_flame
17-06-2008, 07:54 PM
I have been keeping a venue database for about a year now... can supply info on various venues in the Eastern counties! :rolleyes:

CRAZY K
17-06-2008, 08:02 PM
I could help with Northants --so could Spin I guess.

I travel extensively so would be happy to give info over East Anglia, Midlands, Home Counties, South East, and towards South West.

It would be a question of going through my gig records and also remembering the features of each venue.

CRAZY K

Shaun
17-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Count me in for venues in Fife, plus some in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling , Perthshire and the surrounding areas.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Count me in for venues in Fife, plus some in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling , Perthshire and the surrounding areas.

I already have. :D

DazzyD
17-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Just a quick thought from an ethical (and possibly legal) point of view. Would we need the venues owners consent to publish these details on the web? I know it could be good for their business but it may still be an idea to ask first.

chelsea485
17-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I can cover hampshire, berkshire and surrey.

Thanks

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Just a quick thought from an ethical (and possibly legal) point of view. Would we need the venues owners consent to publish these details on the web? I know it could be good for their business but it may still be an idea to ask first.

We could even charge them for an advert I suppose....:D

Shaun
17-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I already have. :D

Oh you have, have you? :d

Good idea BTW...admit it, you got the idea from my website. :ph34r: :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh you have, have you? :d

Good idea BTW...admit it, you got the idea from my website. :ph34r: :D

I thought about this ages ago, but I think it was Crazy K and Theo who mentioned it in another thread.

mike8863
17-06-2008, 08:22 PM
North Wales, (Chester to Rhyl, east to west, Chester to Llangollen Noth to South).
Mid Cheshire and west Cheshire, (Middlewich to Chester east to west, warrington to Nantwich north to south).

discomobiledj
17-06-2008, 08:38 PM
We could even charge them for an advert I suppose....:D

That would pay for the cost of a website, with the amount that would be on here, you'd recover the costs in about a day!

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2008, 08:42 PM
That would pay for the cost of a website, with the amount that would be on here, you'd recover the costs in about a day!

It's certainly an idea (that I'd already thought of a while ago truth be known) and it could be included in the new site when it is re-done.

Jiggles
17-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Im in for any aspect of this!

Shaun
17-06-2008, 08:48 PM
It's certainly an idea (that I'd already thought of a while ago truth be known) and it could be included in the new site when it is re-done.

Unless another well known directory steals the idea from us. It wouldn't be the first time. :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Unless another well known directory steals the idea from us. It wouldn't be the first time. :D

Now now Shauny....:Naughty: :D

Shaun
17-06-2008, 08:51 PM
:zip: :zip: :D :o

Adam_F
17-06-2008, 08:54 PM
I can contribute to West Mids & Worcs.

Penfold42
17-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Mark me down for -
East Midlands....covering Derby, Notts, Leic and Timbuktu...:D

Paul James Promotions
17-06-2008, 09:26 PM
West Midlands

JDB Entertainment
17-06-2008, 10:16 PM
west midlands aswell lol! looks like the west mids is covered! :D

Spirits High
17-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I can do north Derbyshire, Leicestershire and allround that way.

Could probably even do some for Northern Ireland if you want ;)

pdarnett
17-06-2008, 10:49 PM
West Yorkshire for me

DazzyD
17-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Mark me down for -

Do you get many bookings in Timbuktu then, Tony? :D :D :D

Mind you, with the price of fuel nowadays you'd have to charge a fair bit to cover your expenses!!! :D

rob1963
17-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm happy to help.

Surrey & South-West London areas.

:D

DazzyD
17-06-2008, 11:48 PM
This is what I like to see. A group of like-minded people pooling their resources for a worthwhile project that could, potentially, benefit everyone on here and beyond. It makes me feel proud to be part of such a great community.

Marc J
18-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Totally dependent on my workload at the time, but I'd be happy to help out on the web side of it, as I did Shaun's for him...and it works OK (I think!).

Dragonfly
18-06-2008, 07:56 AM
yep i'll help out seem to have a fair bit of time on my hands at the minute :D :D :D

soundtracker
18-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Do we need to ensure that its only viewable by us? Just thinking it would make a nice little database for someone to trawl to gain business, like say an agency!

yourdj
18-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Hampshire

soundtracker
18-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Hampshire

In Herefordshire, Hertfordshire and where else do hurricanes hardly ever happen?

CRAZY K
18-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Do we need to ensure that its only viewable by us? Just thinking it would make a nice little database for someone to trawl to gain business, like say an agency!

GOOD IDEA

Never mind agencies--its the general public who would be the real problem.

Compensation seekers---also venues complaining we are losing them business over sound limiters etc.

CRAZY K

DJWilson
18-06-2008, 02:35 PM
GOOD IDEA

Never mind agencies--its the general public who would be the real problem.

Compensation seekers---also venues complaining we are losing them business over sound limiters etc.

CRAZY K

Get rid of it then :rolleyes:

CRAZY K
18-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Get rid of it then :rolleyes:

Its not that easy--:eek: :eek: :eek:

The premises lose their licence --so thats the end of the venue.

CRAZY K

JAMdisco
18-06-2008, 03:50 PM
I can cover East Yorkshire, good idea by the way ;) :D

axeman
18-06-2008, 05:33 PM
i think some of this is a good idea, but am a bit apprehensive about some of the details on the list, I have used this list a fair bit for the clubs/pubs around my area, and it gives good info but not to detailed....

http://www.a1entertainments.net/8.html

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2008, 05:39 PM
i think some of this is a good idea, but am a bit apprehensive about some of the details on the list,

Such as?

axeman
18-06-2008, 09:05 PM
mainly the contact details, at the venues, i know im probably over-thinking this senario, but would be worried to list all my wage earning and precious gig venues, for fear someone will steam in and try to steal them al in one go....lol (worst nightmare) and i would have to get a senseable daytime job like in my previous life!

ppentertainments
18-06-2008, 09:14 PM
mainly the contact details, at the venues, i know im probably over-thinking this senario, but would be worried to list all my wage earning and precious gig venues, for fear someone will steam in and try to steal them al in one go....lol (worst nightmare) and i would have to get a senseable daytime job like in my previous life!

There goes that idea !! :D :D :D
Seriously though, I do see your point which is why I am unsure at the moment. There is a lot of undercutting etc in this area as it is and I know I have a few venues without which I would really struggle.

PS This would mean me keeping my sensible daytime job longer than planned :eek: :eek: :D :D

CRAZY K
19-06-2008, 09:33 AM
There goes that idea !! :D :D :D
Seriously though, I do see your point which is why I am unsure at the moment. There is a lot of undercutting etc in this area as it is and I know I have a few venues without which I would really struggle.

PS This would mean me keeping my sensible daytime job longer than planned :eek: :eek: :D :D

I hadnt considered this.

When I mentioned that this facility would be useful--I did not expect anything except access, sound limiters, and other bad features which might make you consider higher prices or not playing the venue.

I dont personally think contact details are needed--as we do all have the Internet.

CRAZY K

soundtracker
19-06-2008, 10:22 AM

You mean you'd be worried about losing,Ramside hall hotel, the Marriott hotel, Lumley castle, and Beamish hall.

KaraokeDJ
19-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Not too sure where this is going but I can cope with Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire (formerly Humberside), South Yorks, N/E Notts, Rutland...

Looking forward to seeing how the idea develops.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2008, 11:24 AM

There are already lists of venues, just not with the details that us DJs need. Anyone can ring a venue at any time and try to get business and I'm sure this happens all the time. That's business and I'm sure if you look after your clients, they won't go elsewhere.

soundtracker
19-06-2008, 11:47 AM
There are already lists of venues, just not with the details that us DJs need. Anyone can ring a venue at any time and try to get business and I'm sure this happens all the time. That's business and I'm sure if you look after your clients, they won't go elsewhere.

and as I was trying to point out above - you've already provided a list of venues on your website for people to try and prise away!

DazzyD
19-06-2008, 04:06 PM
You mean you'd be worried about losing,Ramside hall hotel, the Marriott hotel, Lumley castle, and Beamish hall.

How does Axeman get bookings at the Ramside? The only disco company that you can have there is the resident disco which is Starlite. This is detailed in the venues own wedding brochure and I quote:

"£175.00 Hotel Resident Disco – Starlite. DJ. We do not allow the use of any DJ except the resident DJ appointed via Ramside Estates."

My brother was suprised to find this out last month when he tried to book this venue for his wedding. He went through the whole process of choosing a wedding package for the reception and, for everything they wanted, the price worked out at around £10,000. "Fair enough", said brother, "what time would our disco be able to set up on the day?". "Oh", said venue, "the price includes disco so there's no need for that worry". "But I want to book my own disco" said brother. "Well you can't" said venue, "You have to use our resident disco.". "Bye Bye" said brother.

I wondered why, although I'm only 5mins from the Ramside, that I've never had any bookings there. Now I know. Never been to Lumley Castle, either, but that's never bothered me.

I have worked at Marriott Hotels in several areas and I'm pretty regular at Beamish Hall cos I love driving through narrow country lanes in the dark! That's why I love doing Durham Amateur Rowing Club so much! (No I really enjoy it there cos it's always a great atmosphere!)

M&D Disco
22-06-2008, 10:43 AM
count us in
East Midlands covering Derby, Notts etc:)

501damian501
25-06-2008, 02:42 PM
you keep your business to yourself ! Rule 1 in business

Penfold42
25-06-2008, 02:49 PM
you keep your business to yourself ! Rule 1 in business

Not very helpful with that comment.....come on!

We are all on here to help people are we not?

:)

KrazyKaz
25-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Just a quick question, if you don't mind?

Would this be the same kind of thing as the Village Hall Database?

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Just a quick question, if you don't mind?

Would this be the same kind of thing as the Village Hall Database?

Is there one already then Kaz?

Jiggles
25-06-2008, 04:16 PM
IF you dont know about it Daz then its not verywell advertised :D Is this the one your on about? http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andyspatch/halls/hallindex.htm

KrazyKaz
25-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Yep that's the one, been running since last year I think

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Yep that's the one, been running since last year I think

I'm hoping we'lll get more of a response that though!:)

KrazyKaz
25-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm hoping we'lll get more of a response that though!:)

Fair enough mate.

Anyway, add me to the list. Cambridgeshire, covering mainly The Fens, but starting to go further afield. Most of my gigs are the ole village halls though.

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Most of my gigs are the ole village halls though.

Are they Spanish then? :D

KrazyKaz
25-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Are they Spanish then? :D

:p Apologies for my typo

Jiggles
25-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Kaz have you got DWKS? (Darrens wireless keyboard sydrome) :D

DJWilson
25-06-2008, 04:54 PM
If your worried about people seeing details only DJ's need to know sort of thing,

Then make a log in part for DJ's on this forum. And if you don't log in you only see limited information, address, cointact number etc...

Have a disco
26-06-2008, 12:52 PM
take my info I cover the whole of east anglia and North London

djsteve10
26-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Count me in on this one Daz,
So how is all this going to work then?

CRAZY K
26-06-2008, 02:03 PM
IF you dont know about it Daz then its not verywell advertised :D Is this the one your on about? http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andyspatch/halls/hallindex.htm

Thats hopeless--I can give a lot more information than that on my own--wont be difficult looking through the old diaries.

Town Hall Tenterden and Forest of Dean Golf Club spring to mind---ouch!

CRAZY K

Twinspin
15-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Hull & East Yorkshire here.

discojammie
01-08-2008, 06:54 PM
i can help in oxford if you need it

Jays karaoke
07-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I cover the Yorkshire area but often stray into cheshire,Lancashire and even East & West Midlands

axeman
07-08-2008, 05:59 PM
tyne and wear mostly, ill help were i can

CRAZY K
07-08-2008, 06:02 PM

Is there any news on when this might start--im happy to help in my area and further afied where I constantly travel.

CRAZY K

Andy Westcott
09-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Quote Crazy K Disco:
"Thats hopeless--I can give a lot more information than that on my own"

It's hopeless because the vast majority couldn't be bothered to contribute, including you. I notice on here there are a lot of people telling of the areas they could cover, but doing nothing else.

Such a listing is only as good as its contributers, as I found out.

CRAZY K
09-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Quote Crazy K Disco:

It's hopeless because the vast majority couldn't be bothered to contribute, including you. I notice on here there are a lot of people telling of the areas they could cover, but doing nothing else.

Nobody has asked me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT HASNT STARTED YET:D :D :D

Its up to the site owners when they have time.

CRAZY K

daz226
13-08-2008, 04:31 PM
ok here goes

Hotel's
golf club
village hall
social club,
pubs

covering the following areas in Dorset
Wincanton
Dorchester
Blandford
Wimbourne
Sturminster Newton
Shaftsbury
Poole
Bournmouth
Lyme Regis
and swange

DazzyD
15-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Quote Crazy K Disco:

Nobody has asked me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT HASNT STARTED YET:D :D :D

Its up to the site owners when they have time.

CRAZY K

I agree with Alan. Daz said he'd have a think about how he was going to work this. Putting the whole thing together is quite a complex task as it's potentially a huge database.

At the moment he just wanted an idea of who is willing to help out.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I agree with Alan. Daz said he'd have a think about how he was going to work this. Putting the whole thing together is quite a complex task as it's potentially a huge database.

At the moment he just wanted an idea of who is willing to help out.

True.

This might be written into the new site when it's done.

DJWilson
16-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I duno about anyone else but I keep geting emails from needadisco under unknownsender@un.... saying if I give them a venue review I get one free month higher listing.

Im not bothering because I doubt there bump me up in the table.

I'm still willing to help on this database in my area and with some technical stuff if needed.

501damian501
17-08-2008, 06:13 PM
i would be willing to help, within my local area which is lincoln, if we all keep to local areas, i can this database being a monster

Cj_The_Dj
20-08-2008, 11:42 PM
i would be willing to help,i can work in any venues in south yorkshire.

Cheesey 1975
28-08-2008, 10:13 AM
We can cover west midlands and surrounding areas

electricnite
02-09-2008, 09:47 AM
I can help. anywhere in the north east

501damian501
21-10-2008, 09:29 AM
anymore news on this database darren ?

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-10-2008, 02:39 PM
anymore news on this database darren ?

Not at the moment. I will get onto it as soon as I can.

DJWilson
26-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Once its up and running i could put ads on my streaming website free of charge if you would like.

One Vision
31-10-2008, 09:47 PM

And produb :eek: :D

sp-entertainment
28-11-2008, 01:24 PM
i can do southyorkshire and pushing it to derbyshire

jasondisco
28-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I can cover in any kent area

jason/folkrstone

Andy Westcott
30-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Is it worth me suggesting additions to my database, which is already out there?
Web-based and easy to navigate, using basic HTML guaranteed to display on any browser?

No, I thought not. Didn't get many from the other forums either.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Is it worth me suggesting additions to my database, which is already out there?
Web-based and easy to navigate, using basic HTML guaranteed to display on any browser?

No, I thought not. Didn't get many from the other forums either.

Isn't yours a village hall database though?

Andy Westcott
30-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Not excusively village halls - just rural venues of any type, especially those with no web sites, and located in obtuse locations.

It was just an idea which seemed good at the time.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Not excusively village halls - just rural venues of any type, especially those with no web sites, and located in obtuse locations.

It was just an idea which seemed good at the time.

I agree, it is a good idea. It is something I want to do for this site and its members rather than anything else.

It has been put on the back burner for the time being though as I have other priorities.

jasondisco
01-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I Can cove any kent venue.

Thanks j & V mobile disco's

jasondisco
12-12-2008, 08:53 AM
we can help any in the kent area we can do so if anything comes up just let me help

501damian501
22-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I agree, it is a good idea. It is something I want to do for this site and its members rather than anything else.

It has been put on the back burner for the time being though as I have other priorities.

maybe i should build one and charge your forum members a little annual subscription fee :D :D :D

discomobiledj
22-12-2008, 12:15 PM
maybe i should build one and charge your forum members a little annual subscription fee :D :D :D

Or start a mobile disco business!

I could organise hosting for a couple of pound a month if that helps.

501damian501
22-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Or start a mobile disco business!

you trying to have a pop at me ??, start a business lmao, i wouldnt start!

Jiggles
22-12-2008, 12:19 PM

I think it may be hosted with this site or i can do it for free :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-12-2008, 02:56 PM

I don't think so.

ross@rds
22-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I can do grangemouth , falkirk , glasgow , stirling , edinburgh areas.

Grahame Case
03-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Darren, I can contribute to venues in the East central belt of Scotland - Edinburgh mainly.

DeckstarDeluxe
09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
i am based in cheltenham so can cover as far north as staffordshire and birmingham down to oxford, swindon and bristol. Naturally it covers cheltenham, gloucestershire and the cotswold.

yourdj
11-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Hi can do All venues - pay permitting 16 yo upward.

IN

HAMPSHIRE
THE NEW FOREST
LONDON
DORSET
SURREY
BERKSHIRE
WILTSHIRE
SUSSEX

mark karaoke
13-05-2009, 03:31 PM
i can cover north west wales --- basically the counties of anglesey and gwynedd---- disco,karaoke or a mixture of both.

SC Events
13-05-2009, 04:26 PM
I can cover:

TAMWORTH
LICHFIELD
CANNOCK (For the right price)
BURTON
DERBY (For the right price)
ATHERSTONE
HINKLEY
NUNEATON
COLESHILL

ppentertainments
13-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I can cover:

TAMWORTH
LICHFIELD
BURTON
ATHERSTONE
HINKLEY
NUNEATON
COLESHILL
I don't think Darren is planning to pay for this information :D :D

pagan_flame
13-05-2009, 07:38 PM
I've PM'd you re: my own little Excel database...

JDB Entertainment
13-05-2009, 07:46 PM
is this still going ahead or is it on hold?

James

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-05-2009, 07:56 PM
is this still going ahead or is it on hold?

James

It will go ahead, but it's finding time to do it.:)

CRAZY K
13-05-2009, 08:36 PM
;)
I can cover:

TAMWORTH
LICHFIELD
BURTON
ATHERSTONE
HINKLEY
NUNEATON
COLESHILL

Dont forget to add Tamworth Castle Hotel as ( For the right price ) its a killer getting in and out :eek:

Incidentally thats what the database is for--information on venues and especially those with access difficulties--;)

CRAZY K

SC Events
13-05-2009, 10:19 PM
;)

Dont forget to add Tamworth Castle Hotel as ( For the right price ) its a killer getting in and out :eek:

Incidentally thats what the database is for--information on venues and especially those with access difficulties--;)

CRAZY K

OK :D

Better add The George Hotel, Lichfield to the Venue Database then. You have to park your vehicle at the rear gates, take your equipment across a courtyard, go down a corridor (through 2 unwedged doors), into a small lift, out of the lift, following the landing round to the Suite's door (and then set-up on a temporary dancefloor as a deckstand with over head bar will not fit in between the 2 pillars.

I have a photo of the set-up location on my website (It's the 2nd picture on the home page)

discomobiledj
14-05-2009, 08:31 AM
You can add Chigwell Police Club.

Park outside, through two sets of double doors (non automatic), then up two flights of stairs which curve round (no lift), through a single width door into the room.

CRAZY K
14-05-2009, 09:35 AM
You can add Chigwell Police Club.

Park outside, through two sets of double doors (non automatic), then up two flights of stairs which curve round (no lift), through a single width door into the room.

I think this shows what a valuable resource this is going to be:thumbs_up:

Then theres my gig on Saturday--you need a 30 metre mains lead ( apparently) ;)

CRAZY K

djfrosty
03-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I will consider gigs all over the South East.

Including most of Essex, north Kent, London.

Shaun
03-06-2009, 09:33 AM
I will consider gigs all over the South East.

Including most of Essex, north Kent, London.

I think you've totally misunderstood what this topic is all about.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-06-2009, 09:35 AM
D'oh!

djspoons
06-06-2009, 12:04 PM
can do any of the coast also we do loads of lighting for various events
have moving heads scanns etc !

djspoons
06-06-2009, 12:07 PM
we cover large amount of south have loads of lighting and sound equipment
love the pubs and clubs also do loads od live band lighting and sound anything we can do would love to help !

DJ Jules
06-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Yup, happy to help, I've a fairly extensive list kicking around from the last 9 months of gigging and from the last company I ran (Bouncy Castles).

Covers Bristol area and some of Bath

SC Events
06-06-2009, 10:28 PM
we cover large amount of south have loads of lighting and sound equipment
love the pubs and clubs also do loads od live band lighting and sound anything we can do would love to help !

This is to compile a venue database. i.e. the Good Points and Bad Points about a venue so we can all refer to it, before we do the gig, so we have an idea of what to expect when we get there.

That's right isn't it???

DJWilson
06-06-2009, 10:36 PM
This is to compile a venue database. i.e. the Good Points and Bad Points about a venue so we can all refer to it, before we do the gig, so we have an idea of what to expect when we get there.

That's right isn't it???

Yup, I thought the same thing. Should be very helpful when up and running, the mobile DJs best friend :D

Shaun
07-06-2009, 01:36 AM

That's right isn't it???

Yes, that's correct.

rob1963
07-06-2009, 09:21 AM

That's right isn't it???

Indeed.

I'd have thought there was a slight clue in the thread title!

:shrug:

gazzaandyp
17-07-2009, 09:37 PM
i'm in too i can cover the whole of north west and north wales

NKR
23-08-2009, 08:30 PM
If you need someone to review a wide range of venues in central lancashire then I'm happy to help. I have done a very large number. I assume you are looking for:-

-Size of room recommended PA size / lighting / etc.
-Access (many steps and wheeled flight cases - Hmmmm)
-Quality of staff - nothing worse than being left to it whilst the staff scratch their bottoms, forget to tell you buffet is out, etc.
-Any sound restrictions like a rev limiter or previous enforcement action on noise abatement orders.
- Any install lighting etc and whether it works or is just useless.

If thats what you want them I'm in.

I also think I keep finding threads from a couple of months ago and replying. I'm new here, so please be gentle.

djcain70
31-08-2009, 07:29 PM
i will help for torbay, devon.

and an easy way to upload the data is to set up a webpage with a public forum on set it up with different countys people can add them from there

Shaun
31-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks to all those that have stated an interest in helping add venues to the database. This addition to the Mobile Disco Directory will be here very soon, so we'll gladly welcome input from you all.

Thanks again!

DJWilson
31-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Great news! Should be very helpful.

Shaun
31-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Great news! Should be very helpful.

I agree. If everyone gets on board with this, and adds details of their local venues, this will be an excellent resource for us all. :) :beer1:

Jonny Boy
01-09-2009, 09:32 AM
This is an excellent idea. I cover mainly South Wales and happy to add info as & when I can.

Have sent Elite a PM.

Kernow
01-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Happy to help with Cornwall info :thumbs_up:

Just a thought though Shaun, shouldn't this extensive resource be available only to Forum Members, or those that contribute information ?
Otherwise we'll just be encouraging the unprofessional & lazy to become even more so ?

;) :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-09-2009, 09:49 AM

Just a thought though Shaun, shouldn't this extensive resource be available only to Forum Members, or those that contribute information ?
Otherwise we'll just be encouraging the unprofessional & lazy to become even more so ?

;) :)

Don't worry, this is all in hand. ;)

Kernow
01-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Don't worry, this is all in hand. ;)

Which Daz...... the security, or the encouragement..... or both !! :eek: ? ;) :D

Seriously, I know it will be done professionally, I expect nothing less from this forum :thumbs_up:
:beerchug:

Shaun
11-09-2009, 04:58 PM
To everyone who was kind enough to express their desire to help. The database is live, all we need is lots of input from everyone. :)

Once logged into your listing via the DJ Login (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/login.php), just click on the "Add Venue" link.

Richie
11-09-2009, 05:03 PM
This feature will expand in the future with extra features depending on its popularity.

DJMaxG
12-09-2009, 11:19 AM
What I would like to Suggest, if not already available, is that Photos can be added, so members can see the stage/loadin etc ???

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-09-2009, 05:56 PM
To everyone who was kind enough to express their desire to help. The database is live, all we need is lots of input from everyone. :)

Once logged into your listing via the DJ Login (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/login.php), just click on the "Add Venue" link.

So, come on then....loads of people said they would help - let's do it!

If every regular member could take 10-15 minutes to do a couple of venues, then we'd really be up and running. :)

DeckstarDeluxe
14-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Just added a few myself :D

DJWilson
14-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Ive done 4 or 5, but my minds gone blank!

Shaun
14-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I've added a half dozen, much more to follow.

Join in folks...WE NEED YOU!! :)

rob1963
14-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Okay, I've just done my first five reports to help get things up & running.

Shaun
14-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice one, Rob. Thank you. :approve2:

rob1963
14-09-2009, 07:10 PM
:thumbsup:

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks all. Keep them coming.

rob1963
15-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Twenty done now, so time for a break!

SC Events
15-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I've added 5

Shaun
15-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Excellent. If we can get more members as dedicated as you lot we'll be on to a winner with the database. Keep up the good work. :)

Penfold42
15-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I've started - Winding Wheel added. :eek: :sj:

gaza
15-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I have just added 7.:)

Spirits High
15-09-2009, 02:45 PM
I've started - Winding Wheel added. :eek: :sj:

Hope you mentioned the wonderful access :p :D

rob1963
15-09-2009, 03:24 PM

Presumably his use of the phrase "never again" means that's a yes!

Penfold42
15-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Oh yes....:D :D :D :D

Presumably his use of the phrase "never again" means that's a yes!

Correct.....:D :D :D :D

The venue itself is a great place to play.....but add at least £100 for your effort.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DJMaxG
15-09-2009, 03:33 PM

I have seen it in a Giglog, a flight of stairs won't hurt :beer1:

Spirits High
15-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I have seen it in a Giglog, a flight of stairs won't hurt :beer1:

Post me a link to that giglog Max, didn't know anyone had done one for the winding Wheel

Shaun
15-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Max, please PM him the giglog so we can keep this thread on the topic of the database.

DJMaxG
15-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Max, please PM him the giglog so we can keep this thread on the topic of the database.

:approve: Ok

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Guys

When you put information in the comments box, can you try not to make it too personal, as in stuff like "I enjoy working there" etc

Ta.

Jonny Boy
16-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Guys

When you put information in the comments box, can you try not to make it too personal, as in stuff like "I enjoy working there" etc

Ta.

Noted! Is "this venue is a pleasure to play" kind of thing OK?

I have added a few for Welsh venues - West Country to follow as I expand. (Business, not waist size.)

ALSO - is there any facility to edit our original review posting after submission. Just I noticed I recently rather stupidly hit "submit" before adjusting the town from the default ("Abbots Langly?), even tho' the address was correct inthe address BOX. Likewise, I as ever cringe at my typos.

Shaun
16-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Noted! Is "this venue is a pleasure to play" kind of thing OK?

Yes, that's fine.

ALSO - is there any facility to edit our original review posting after submission. Just I noticed I recently rather stupidly hit "submit" before adjusting the town from the default ("Abbots Langly?), even tho' the address was correct inthe address BOX. Likewise, I as ever cringe at my typos.

At the moment no. If any changes are required you'll need to PM one of the admin. As for stupidly hitting submit before changing the town, I've done that three times now too. At the moment the town field is not editable once the venue listing is submitted, that'll be rectified over the weekend so an admin can change it if it's wrong.

rob1963
17-09-2009, 10:56 AM
35 venues in & around my area now added, but still loads more to do.

It's surprising how time consuming it is!

Jonny Boy
17-09-2009, 11:05 AM

I've not nearly that many - but I like to give all the skinny in mine!

Does depend...one can write briefly, but is then not very informative.

I've tried writing in monosyllables, but I'm a born novellist g'darnnit.

:p
prhaps admin will mk excptn & let us wrt in txt spk? <ducks for cover>

Spirits High
17-09-2009, 11:09 AM
prhaps admin will mk excptn & let us wrt in txt spk? <ducks for cover>

How very dare you ;) :D

rob1963
17-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I've not nearly that many - but I like to give all the skinny in mine!

Does depend...one can write briefly, but is then not very informative.

It's also possible to give too much information!

I've tried to keep my entries as factual as possible, and used the comments box to concentrate on the most important things to me...the main ones being access & any other venue issues I'd like/need to know about in advance.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Thank you for making the effort. I know others will appreciate your efforts when they use the information.

rob1963
17-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Thank you for making the effort. I know others will appreciate your efforts when they use the information.

My pleasure, Darren.

When the database was first mentioned I said I'd be willing to help, and I'm a man of my word!

Jonny Boy
17-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I know others will appreciate your efforts when they use the information.

Certainly also true of artists such as singers/bands who aren't strictly "DJs" but are essnetially providing a similiar service.

Admin peeps:
I might have missed the answer whether you were happy for me to suggest this site to UK Wedding Singer Network as reference source? RSVP?!

Shaun
17-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Admin peeps:
I might have missed the answer whether you were happy for me to suggest this site to UK Wedding Singer Network as reference source? RSVP?!

The information within the database is freely available to everyone. :beer1:

Shaun
21-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks to those that have submitted. We really could do with all our members submitting some though. It's only through the help and support of everyone that we can make this database a success.

Special thanks to Rob James, who's posted a HUGE amount of venue reviews again today.

rob1963
21-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks to those that have submitted. We really could do with all our members submitting some though. It's only through the help and support of everyone that we can make this database a success.

Special thanks to Rob James, who's posted a HUGE amount of venue reviews again today.

My pleasure, Shaun.

45 done in total so far, including about 10 today, but still plenty more to do!

Come on the rest of you...get your fingers out!

:D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-09-2009, 05:59 PM

Yep, well done Rob. :thumbsup:

wensleydale
21-09-2009, 06:03 PM
My pleasure, Shaun.

45 done in total so far, including about 10 today, but still plenty more to do!

Come on the rest of you...get your fingers out!

You've beaten me to it on a lot of my regular ones Rob!!

Will try and find some that you havent done yet.

rob1963
21-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Yep, well done Rob. :thumbsup:

My pleasure, Darren.

You've beaten me to it on a lot of my regular ones Rob!!

Will try and find some that you havent done yet.

Rich, I'm sure there are LOADS of venues you know which I haven't added yet!

Shaun
22-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Can I just remind our members that we require you to provide your name and company name when submitting venues. Submissions without these details will unfortunately not be processed.

rob1963
25-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Just added my 80th venue, and I'm rapidly running out of venues I know to report on...so apart from any I think of that I've missed & any new ones where I get booked in future, it's pretty much up to the rest of you now!

DJMaxG
25-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Just added my 80th venue

Well Done Rob ! :approve: - You're doing Great

I Couldn't even think of 80 Shops I have visited :eek:

Shaun
25-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Just added my 80th venue, and I'm rapidly running out of venues I know to report on...so apart from any I think of that I've missed & any new ones where I get booked in future, it's pretty much up to the rest of you now!

Fantastic job, Rob. Extremely appreciated. :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

All of us can do much more (including myself). We need your helps folks, as much or us little as you can manage. :) :beer1:

rob1963
25-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Well Done Rob ! :approve: - You're doing Great

I Couldn't even think of 80 Shops I have visited :eek:

Thanks Max...but when you've been doing mobile discos in the same area for over 25 years, you get to know a lot of venues!

rob1963
25-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Fantastic job, Rob. Extremely appreciated. :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Thanks Shaun...my pleasure.

DJMaxG
25-09-2009, 09:40 PM
There aren't many listings in the Birmingham/Midlands Areas

visualdjmax
25-09-2009, 09:43 PM

Best get yourself up there then MAX. Maybe you could drop in on a few during BPM?

DJMaxG
25-09-2009, 09:48 PM
I know a few potential 'Venues', Plus more - but what counts as a 'Venue' ... does every Pub, hotel, and village hall?

rob1963
25-09-2009, 09:49 PM

There isn't a single venue listed for the North East or Yorkshire.

Does nobody from the forum live there?

DJMaxG
26-09-2009, 02:31 AM
There isn't a single venue listed for the North East or Yorkshire.

Does nobody from the forum live there?

I would Hope So :eek:

Based on all the public listings, only a small percent of people Join and use the forum on a regular basis - it's like a virtual pub :beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Come on then. Why are there so many people who said they would cover certain areas and haven't bothered?

An hour of your time could do between 5-10 venues, maybe more!

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-09-2009, 11:30 PM
So here are the people that said they would help. I know a fair few of you have submitted, but some of you haven't, so come on, let's get on it!

I cover South East Essex, so Romford - Southend and upto Chelmsford.

I have been keeping a venue database for about a year now... can supply info on various venues in the Eastern counties! :rolleyes:

I could help with Northants.

I travel extensively so would be happy to give info over East Anglia, Midlands, Home Counties, South East, and towards South West.

I can cover hampshire, berkshire and surrey.

North Wales, (Chester to Rhyl, east to west, Chester to Llangollen Noth to South).
Mid Cheshire and west Cheshire, (Middlewich to Chester east to west, warrington to Nantwich north to south).

I can contribute to West Mids & Worcs.

Mark me down for -

west midlands aswell lol! looks like the west mids is covered! :D

I can do north Derbyshire, Leicestershire and allround that way.

Could probably even do some for Northern Ireland if you want ;)

West Yorkshire for me

Hampshire

I can cover East Yorkshire, good idea by the way ;) :D

Not too sure where this is going but I can cope with Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire (formerly Humberside), South Yorks, N/E Notts, Rutland...

count us in
East Midlands covering Derby, Notts etc:)

Hull & East Yorkshire here.

i can help in oxford if you need it

i would be willing to help,i can work in any venues in south yorkshire.

I can help. anywhere in the north east

i can do southyorkshire and pushing it to derbyshire

I can cover in any kent area

jason/folkrstone

I can do grangemouth , falkirk , glasgow , stirling , edinburgh areas.

Darren, I can contribute to venues in the East central belt of Scotland - Edinburgh mainly.

i am based in cheltenham so can cover as far north as staffordshire and birmingham down to oxford, swindon and bristol. Naturally it covers cheltenham, gloucestershire and the cotswold.

I can cover:

TAMWORTH
LICHFIELD
BURTON
ATHERSTONE
HINKLEY
NUNEATON
COLESHILL

Covers Bristol area and some of Bath

i'm in too i can cover the whole of north west and north wales

i will help for torbay, devon.

I cover mainly South Wales and happy to add info as & when I can.

So, there you have it in black and white. :thumbsup:

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-09-2009, 12:03 AM
And so, the scores on the doors look like this.

Venues submitted so far.

East Midlands - 8
Eastern - 38
Greater London - 9
London - 6
North East - 0
North West - 7
Northern Ireland - 0
Scotland - 7
South East - 108
South West - 5
Wales - 11
West Midlands - 12
Yorkshire - 0

SC Events
29-09-2009, 10:00 AM
I've done 8 Venues. I shall add more though

Jonny Boy
29-09-2009, 10:13 AM

Venues submitted so far.

Wales - 11
West Midlands - 12
Yorkshire - 0

There shoudl be 12 for Wales, but Tredegar House is still listed under Abbots Langley, not Zooport....I mean Newport! D'oh!

Will be adding some more soon.

rob1963
29-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Just noticed an error with one of my submissions.

I did a report for the Royal British Legion Club in Ripley, Surrey...but the database has taken it to be Ripley in Derbyshire, so has put it into the East Midlands section!

It obviously doesn't know there's also another Ripley (near Woking) in Surrey.

The easiest thing might be for a mod to delete this listing, then let me know & I'll re-submit under Ripley, WOKING, Surrey.

Cheers!

Penfold42
29-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I've just seen this......well that is mobile....:D :D :D :D :D :D

...and you would think that some retired people would be more than willing to share a bit of knowledge....I mean fancy me putting Hassop Hall in!!! :sj:

:beer1:

rob1963
29-09-2009, 02:10 PM
I've just added my 100th venue to the database, and there are no other venues I know, so that's me done, folks.

I'm working at a new venue in a couple of weeks though, so that one will be added as soon as I've done the gig.

Penfold42
29-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Well done Rob. :)

....now if you could just work in my neck of the woods! :D

rob1963
29-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Well done Rob. :)

....now if you could just work in my neck of the woods! :D

I've just checked the map, and you're slightly outside my area!

:cry:

Spirits High
29-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I've just seen this......well that is mobile....:D :D :D :D :D :D

...and you would think that some retired people would be more than willing to share a bit of knowledge....I mean fancy me putting Hassop Hall in!!! :sj:

:beer1:

I've told you before and I'll tell you again.........

Get off my land :p :p :D

rob1963
19-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Still not a single venue added under Yorkshire OR the North East.

Vectis
19-10-2009, 08:59 PM
None of our members can afford to take work round there ... £40 a night tops I've heard :D ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-10-2009, 09:08 PM
See post 189 for a list of people who said they'd help.

DJWilson
21-10-2009, 06:46 PM

Venues submitted so far.

East Midlands - 8
Eastern - 38
Greater London - 9
London - 6
North East - 0
North West - 7
Northern Ireland - 0
Scotland - 7
South East - 108
South West - 5
Wales - 11
West Midlands - 12
Yorkshire - 0

Come on the South East lot, get in there! :)

Penfold42
21-10-2009, 07:49 PM
I've spoke to Dave tonight - he didn't promise anything but may give it a whirl. :)

spin mobile disco
28-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Didnt have time to trawl whole thread but have some basic details for some of my local venue's. As follows

Hunrgy horse sixfields northampton

Family resuraunt and pub, Good access pleanty of power points good friendly staff. Normal load in is about 10 meters from car park to door and same agin to usual setup point. Space is cramped no space for subs so just 2 tops are required. I can just squeeze a 4ft giraffe stand with 4 ft overhead on top maybe 4 lights maximum in this venue.

Towcester racecourse Towcester Northants

Plenty of power sockets available although may be advantagouse to take longer extenstion cables depending where in room you setup. Venue is large can seat up to 400 people I think it is. Access is poor due to all function rooms are usually 1st floor. Lifts are available but with a long carry in. Would recomend a trolley and a roadie if you play here. Staff are curtious and you can normally get access early if required. P.A.T and PLI are required for this venue without fail.

Wootton Sports and social club Northampton

A nice modern venue but access is either great or poor depending on what staff are on when you arrive. Some staff have the key for an alarmed fire door to allow access in which case its straight into room and very easy. However if one of these members are not on you will have to take through the building which is rather long with 3 sets of double doors. And parking is not next to door either. Plenty of power sockets and up to now have allowed smoke machines in moderation. Staff are nice and sometimes allow early setup.

hope these help you. Will try to post more when have the time.

Apologies if in wrong place just trying to help.

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Does anyone read anything on here.....:bang:

StarZSoundS
28-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Ok ....got 10 mins.....so make a start for Yorkshire....more to follow

The Midland Club Royston ....My first set up is here permanently.It makes the club in Phoenix Nights look progressive....A cut back to the 50's.No entertainment apart from Pidgeon nights once a year....until I moved my business there. Now it has a regular Sunday Evening quiz night and a plethora of varied Parties which I have bought to the club.

The Committee are very old fashioned but trying.For all its faults you can raise a fantastic evenings entertainment there.Maybe its the surprise element or the fact that John Smiths is £1.80 a pint....all the time.It is a very easy carry....15 yards.

Prove me wrong.....I don't think anyone else will get any business there....it took them 35 years to accept me....(and even then not all of the committee like me....but whats new).

Benefitting from other Pubs and Clubs closing in the viscinity.

More to follow.....but for now Yorkshire 1.....ok!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Does anyone read anything on here.....:bang:

Nope. Absolutely not.

This is not the place to submit.

We had a refurb recently and have a database with forms to fill in which has been well publicised.

Go to your DJ login and have a look.

Thanks.

I need a lie down.

I am closing this thread before anyone else comes along and posts anything about a venue...