PDA

View Full Version : My last wedding of the year tonight.

Shakermaker Promotions
13-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

I've lost count how many weddings I have done this year but todays wedding is the last one of the year for me. It's at a nice venue in a huge marquee, 200 guests and a great playlist of songs requested already. I have put in a big rig for tonight with 10 lights too and bass bins etc. I know the bride and groom very well as they have attended my Indie nights over the years and booked me 18 months ago for this one. Apparently there are 2 other people going tonight who are getting married next year and have not booked a DJ as yet as they want to see what I am like so hopefully it all goes well. Full report tomorrow.

Have a good one whatever you are doing.

Danno13
13-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I have a wedding too and for the following 7 Saturdays, my last wedding of the year isn't until 20th December!

ppentertainments
13-09-2008, 01:37 PM
My last wedding of the year is actually 30th December. Can anyone beat that ? must be someone.

CRAZY K
13-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi all,

I've lost count how many weddings I have done this year but todays wedding is the last one of the year for me. It's at a nice venue in a huge marquee, 200 guests and a great playlist of songs requested already. I have put in a big rig for tonight with 10 lights too and bass bins etc. I know the bride and groom very well as they have attended my Indie nights over the years and booked me 18 months ago for this one. Apparently there are 2 other people going tonight who are getting married next year and have not booked a DJ as yet as they want to see what I am like so hopefully it all goes well. Full report tomorrow.

Have a good one whatever you are doing.

Im surprised considering how many Weddings you must cover in a year that this is the last?

Is that deliberate?

Shortly off to the one im covering---yee ha!

Have a good one:D

CRAZY K

Shakermaker Promotions
13-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I have two on today and the other one is in a marquee too in someone's grounds just outside Basingstoke. That is being covered by someone that helps me out. It's funny though that you should say you are surprised that this is my last because for the past 2 months I have had 2 weddings every saturday. It's just the way it's worked out this year. The rest of September and through to January is all Residencies, 40th and 50th Birthdays and Christmas Parties....(unless some late weddings come in).

Tony Scott
13-09-2008, 02:17 PM
My last Wedding of the year is on 20th Dec too...

....was supposed to be DJing at my sisters 40th tonight but she has been let down with the venue so I'm taking my beautiful wife out to dinner then going clubbing, really looking forward it! :)

spin mobile disco
13-09-2008, 03:26 PM
My first wedding of next yer is on January 2nd. And last this year is on 20th December. So get a whole 2 weeks off of doing weddings lol.

Excalibur
13-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm coming to you live via Dongle. Isn't technology wonderful? :D
I'm here at the appointed hour to set up,also a Wedding coincidentally, and guess what? They're just starting the sweet course! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Guess it'll be the ten minute setup again. :D

rob1963
14-09-2008, 12:09 AM
My last wedding of the year is actually 30th December. Can anyone beat that ? must be someone.

Not quite.

My last wedding of the year is Sunday 28th December.

It was only booked a couple of days ago, and looks like being my only disco in December this year.

Penfold42
14-09-2008, 12:11 AM
13th December my last wedding.........and i've also a nice one next week....;)

Shakermaker Promotions
14-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Well...tonight was a brilliant way to end my weddings this year. It was an excellent night with the guests all up for it. I took some pics on my phone, have'nt uploaded them yet but will do at some point. Best songs of the night were 'Mr Brightside' by The Killers, 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet and surprisingly (to me anyway).... 'My Sharona' by The Knack. I played mostly Indie and 80s all night with a few chart tracks in there and it all worked well. The lights looked pretty good too. The only downside was that a bulb went in one of the Dynarocks and I had packed all the cases in the van to keep it all tidy and did'nt have time to go and get a replacement.

I had 7 lights on the crossbar, a half LED mirror balll on the floor and a couple of other lights either side of the speakers. It worked well.

Had a massive round of applause at the end and some guy came up to me at the end and said "that's not what I expected to get from a wedding disco mate, well done!" (I think that was a compliment).

Hope yours went well.

Penfold42
14-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Glad it went well Gary....:)

Steve the DJ
14-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Not quite.

My last wedding of the year is Sunday 28th December.

It was only booked a couple of days ago, and looks like being my only disco in December this year.

Pennyhill Park by any chance?

rob1963
14-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Pennyhill Park by any chance?

No, the Selsdon Park Hotel in South Croydon.

Why do you ask?

Did you quote for one at Pennyhill Park recently but not have them go ahead?

Steve the DJ
14-09-2008, 08:50 AM
No, the Selsdon Park Hotel in South Croydon.

Why do you ask?

Did you quote for one at Pennyhill Park recently but not have them go ahead?

Yes.

Well, they have actually said they are comparing quotes and will get back to me shortly.

We have just been invited out with friends on the 28th so the wife is hoping I don't get the gig... :o

...I thought if this was the same quote and you got the gig I could score some brownie points today...:D

Corabar Steve
14-09-2008, 09:25 AM
We've got a quote out for a wedding on NYE