PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please ( quickly)

Excalibur
21-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I can't afford it, and I want more lighting first but: Whadya think? :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330271092246&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123

Or should it be a D2? :confused: ( Bog off Rob, you're barred) :D

ppentertainments
21-09-2008, 07:03 PM
For the current price £201, not bad. I can't see much advantage over the hdc-1000 though. Personally I would stick with cortex as opposed to 2 completely different types of controller (as would be the case with your hdc-1000 and a d2).

CRAZY K
21-09-2008, 07:04 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330271092246&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123

At least you will have USB reader back up--and you wont need to buy Tonys;)

Other than that is it really a lot of use to you?

CD players for odd tracks are a fiver in Asdas.

regards

CRAZY K

Excalibur
21-09-2008, 07:35 PM
For the current price £201, not bad. I can't see much advantage over the hdc-1000 though. Personally I would stick with cortex as opposed to 2 completely different types of controller (as would be the case with your hdc-1000 and a d2).

Ah yes, but I've seen it posted that it's possible to put databases for Cortex and Numark on ONE HD, so it can be used by either, so that's not a hindrance. (In theory)

At least you will have USB reader back up--and you wont need to buy Tonys;)

Other than that is it really a lot of use to you?

CD players for odd tracks are a fiver in Asdas.

regards

CRAZY K

Alan, I don't actually know where I'm going yet. I've had twenty plus years with four playout sources to hand. I lean towards the 1000 and a D2/3000 with laptop as database/third emergency backup.

CRAZY K
21-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Ah yes, but I've seen it posted that it's possible to put databases for Cortex and Numark on ONE HD, so it can be used by either, so that's not a hindrance. (In theory)

Alan, I don't actually know where I'm going yet. I've had twenty plus years with four playout sources to hand. I lean towards the 1000 and a D2/3000 with laptop as database/third emergency backup.

Ok but why wouldnt you use a second HDC1000 as back up like myself?

Second hand they must be £100 or so if new ones are now £200.

What does the D2 give you ( that you actually need )

Do you need a third back up--I have been using the HDC 1000 plus a hard drive for 18months or more and never felt the need to even get the spare hard drive or the spare Cortex out the box--they just seems so totally reliable its really scary:eek:

I do have a Mini Disc ready but thats there anyway for Barn and Line Dancing.

regards

CRAZY K

Penfold42
21-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi Peter,

I would really save up......Pioneer are coming into the market with there new stuff.....Did i really say that....:eek:

Cortex is fine.....did I really say that as well....:eek: :eek: :eek:

If your doing fine .....wait.....believe me.....Cortex is not as good as other player's are....:sofa:

Excalibur
21-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Ok but why wouldnt you use a second HDC1000 as back up like myself?

Second hand they must be £100 or so if new ones are now £200.

What does the D2 give you ( that you actually need )

Do you need a third back up--I have been using the HDC 1000 plus a hard drive for 18months or more and never felt the need to even get the spare hard drive or the spare Cortex out the box--they just seems so totally reliable its really scary:eek:

I do have a Mini Disc ready but thats there anyway for Barn and Line Dancing.

regards

CRAZY K

True, but I want more bells and whistles. :D I accept that the D2 is better (though I'm finding out some flaws, after searching. ;) ) I want Four channels. Now I have two HDC1000, one lappy. one MD/CD.
I'm aiming for two HDC1000, two others from 1000/3000/D2 with CD tray, and lappy for database, plus third emergency backup.

CRAZY K
21-09-2008, 09:11 PM
True, but I want more bells and whistles. :D I accept that the D2 is better (though I'm finding out some flaws, after searching. ;) ) I want Four channels. Now I have two HDC1000, one lappy. one MD/CD.
I'm aiming for two HDC1000, two others from 1000/3000/D2 with CD tray, and lappy for database, plus third emergency backup.

Phew--ill leave that arrangement to you Peter.

I hope your charging appropriately for this highly complex sophisticated high tech approach you are giving your customers;)

:D :D :D

CRAZY K

Excalibur
21-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi Peter,

I would really save up......Pioneer are coming into the market with there new stuff.....Did i really say that....:eek:

Cortex is fine.....did I really say that as well....:eek: :eek: :eek:

If your doing fine .....wait.....believe me.....Cortex is not as good as other player's are....:sofa:

You've been drinking again Tony. ;) :D Cortex may not be the best, but it's user friendly.

Alan, it all makes sense if you'd seen me in action. :D

Phew--ill leave that arrangement to you Peter.

I hope your charging appropriately for this highly complex sophisticated high tech approach you are giving your customers;)

:D :D :D

CRAZY K
No. but I'm working on it. I'm moving South. ;) :D :D

Ten minutes left on a 1000 for £105. wish me luck. :D

5 mins. So far so good. :D

Penfold42
21-09-2008, 09:25 PM
You've been drinking again Tony. ;) :D Cortex may not be the best, but it's user friendly.

I agree Peter....to the drinking....:D

But in all honesty.....save get a Denon.......you won't regret it......:)

Excalibur
21-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I agree Peter....to the drinking....:D

But in all honesty.....save get a Denon.......you won't regret it......:)

I've used one. Yeucccch! Cortex every time.
4mins. ;)

2 mins.:D

Jiggles
21-09-2008, 09:28 PM
you won't regret it......:)

He wont but his wallet will :D

Excalibur
21-09-2008, 09:31 PM
He wont but his wallet will :D

Wrong, and right. :D

1Min . :D

Curses! Outbid at £112. :bang:

The 3000 went for £220. Ah well.:( :(

Jiggles
21-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Pete Ever heard of Esnipe :D It works wonders :p Its American but it dosent matter.

Penfold42
21-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh well never mind....save and get a Denon.....:D

I'm sorry....I've made two really good buy's this year...(sorry Batman, your not in that....:p :D )....both Denon....and they have NEVER let me down......Work it out...:)

Excalibur
21-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Pete Ever heard of Esnipe :D It works wonders :p Its American but it dosent matter.

Sorry Callum, that sounds a bit too techy for a simpleton like me. :D

Tony, I don't care what the badge says, if it works, it works. ;) £52. Final offer. Do you want an Internal sound card as well? :confused: :D :D

Penfold42
21-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Tony, I don't care what the badge says, if it works, it works. ;) £52. Final offer. Do you want an Internal sound card as well? :confused: :D :D

LMFAO....:D :D :D

Excalibur
21-09-2008, 09:51 PM
LMFAO....:D :D :D

£54. Free soundcard, and I'll buy YOU a drink in October. Can't say fairer than that. :D You'd only need £550 for another overpriced, overrated, user unfriendly Denon. ;) :D

Jiggles
21-09-2008, 09:52 PM
£54. Free soundcard, and I'll buy YOU a drink in October. Can't say fairer than that. :D You'd only need £550 for another overpriced, overrated, user unfriendly Denon. ;) :D

NOOO dont get it!!! :D

Dragonfly
21-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh well never mind....save and get a Denon.....:D

I'm sorry....I've made two really good buy's this year...(sorry Batman, your not in that....:p :D )....

minnie says if you have bought me which she wasn't aware you had she will drop me off tomorrow tea time bubble wrapped and you can do my last 3 :Censored: discos with me !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Excalibur
21-09-2008, 10:02 PM
NOOO dont get it!!! :D

Callum, you may have misunderstood. I've currently increased my bid for Penmare's Cortex to £54, an internal MAYA, and a pint of Fullers. This would leave him £550 short of a Denon. ;) :D :D

minnie says if you have bought me which she wasn't aware you had she will drop me off tomorrow tea time bubble wrapped and you can do my last 3 :Censored: discos with me !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Dave, you're overvalued by £500.For heavens sake, there's bits missing. :D :D

Jiggles
21-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Callum, you may have misunderstood. I've currently increased my bid or Penmare's Cortex to £54, an internal MAYA, and a pint of Fullers. This would leave him £550 short of a Denon. ;) :D :D

Ahhh I get ya.

rob1963
21-09-2008, 11:53 PM

:( :( :(

Excalibur
22-09-2008, 07:08 PM

:( :( :(

Politely and in the nicest possible way, of course. :D