PDA

View Full Version : Help making karaoke song books and Visual DJ help

The_Blue_Dragon
23-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi people,
I have started to get karaoke discs and now have a fair few tracks so want to start writing up some song books. The thing is I dont know how I should label each disc.

I have some Sunfly (Hits and most wanted), Legands, Disney discs.

Now I was thinking of labeling tracks like this with the cd number and track after:-
SF111-01
MW222-03
LG627-04
DS999-04

Do you know what I mean? How else does everyone else lable each track so when people fill in the slip its not a long code they have to enter.

Also with Visual DJ some o the BPM's have got a * next to them, whats this mean?

frosty
23-09-2008, 11:21 PM
google karaoke song book creater thats what i used when i was using discs. i found it a grate program to use. And you can label up your track however you want. i started from my oldest to my newest labeled them up for exaple if you have 200 disks then then your oldest would be disc 1 your newest disc 200. hope this helps

HaiFai
24-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi That's exactly how I label them in my song books, but I do find now that a lot of digital karaoke users in my area have stopped using a reference number and just use song and artist as they don't need to know which disc the song is on. I still use it as regulars at karaoke tend to prefer certain manufacturers i.e sunfly legends etc to sing to.

I don't use Virtual DJ so sorry can't help on that one.

DazzyD
26-09-2008, 01:56 AM
I'll try to help with this one.

First of all, try and get hold of the program called Karaoke Song List Creator (KSLC) from Airwer (http://www.airwer.com/) as this will make your job much easier. It's a great database program that generates song books by you simply ticking the discs you have as it's a huge database of just about every CD+G ever released with updates being released very often.

If you continue to do it your way, then simply use the disc code then "-" or "/" followed by the track number which I think is what you've suggested already. Dead easy.

As for your asterisk query. I'm assuming you mean Virtual DJ (VDJ) and not Visual DJ (which I've never heard of!). It means there is a clear beat which helps you to beatmatch / automix well. You're not the first to ask this (and you won't be the last!). See : http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/76100/General_Discussion/asterisk.html?search=asterisk&page=1

Hope this helps! :)

Jays karaoke
26-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi, there are a few programmes which will make life a whole lot easier as when you have over 1000 discs which i have you will find it will take a whole lot of time to make a book. Try Karaoke Song list Creator or the one i use is Fast Tracks V2 songlist creator. You have to pay for both of these but they're good.

Jay

The_Blue_Dragon
26-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Ok thanks everyone, Ive sorted my song book just using excel and now just have to update it when I get a new disc.

Dazzyd Yes you are right with the VirtualDJ, I wasnt thinnking as usual lol

DazzyD
26-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Ok thanks everyone, Ive sorted my song book just using excel and now just have to update it when I get a new disc.

Dazzyd Yes you are right with the VirtualDJ, I wasnt thinnking as usual lol

Like I said, you're not the first to ask this one! It doesn't seem to mention it in the Users Guide but the forum which I put up a link for is an invaluable source of information for VDJ. Like MDD Forum, it's well worth registering on! ;)

501damian501
26-09-2008, 02:06 PM
go digital, then you wont be needing source codes and the rest of it, also theirs no point having karaoke song book with like 15,000 tracks because people would just get board so for a song book i would say a good maximum of 5,000tracks would be ample enough, cheers damian

The_Blue_Dragon
26-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I am going digital. But people in the area prefer to just write the code down so Ive given each track its own code which I can just search for.

Dont worry Im nowhere near the 15000 mark yet lol only jst getting upto the 1000 mark. But you gotta start somewhere right?

501damian501
26-09-2008, 02:47 PM
no pointing using codes, means more work for you when ripping, just go by the names, tell them to stop being lazy :Censored:

The_Blue_Dragon
28-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Right, Should I do the list sorted by Artist, Title or Both

flatliners
29-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Right, Should I do the list sorted by Artist, Title or Both

do a few of each one book artist one book song and keep a copy of both in one file for your personal use

The_Blue_Dragon
29-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Ok thanks

The_Blue_Dragon
29-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Also with artists that start with The do you put for example "The Drifters" or Drifters, The"

Sarahjovi
29-09-2008, 09:50 PM
I have 4 books by song order and 1 by artist!

Sarah

Rowleys
29-09-2008, 10:24 PM
i have a big folder with both sorted in