PDA

View Full Version : t4 karaoke challenge on chan 4

axeman
24-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Ive just had a phone call asking if i could provide a karaoke set up, with 10 robbie williams songs, in the N/E area, for channel 4's T4 karaoke challenge next week, i think im being wound up ? i said yes they are ringing me back with the details later! !

CRAZY K
24-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Ive just had a phone call asking if i could provide a karaoke set up, with 10 robbie williams songs, in the N/E area, for channel 4's T4 karaoke challenge next week, i think im being wound up ? i said yes they are ringing me back with the details later! !

I had a call from the Weakest Link team--

Didnt think the prize money was worth bothering with--

They wouldnt pay me a fee--

NO DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZY K

axeman
24-09-2008, 04:54 PM
they rang me back, and are genuine.... no fee has been discussed, but i feel this could be worth a small fortune in PR.

CRAZY K
24-09-2008, 05:36 PM
they rang me back, and are genuine.... no fee has been discussed, but i feel this could be worth a small fortune in PR.

I wouldnt go giving it away in the hope you will get a load of work out of it.

CRAZY K

rob1963
24-09-2008, 05:51 PM

I must admit that when you said they told you they'd ring back later, I was pretty sure it was a wind up.

Nice to know that as can sometimes be pleasantly surprised!

djsteve10
24-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Until you get a signed contract I wouldn't personally take it too seriously.

CRAZY K
24-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Until you get a signed contract I wouldn't personally take it too seriously.

And some wonga:D

CRAZY K

DazzyD
26-09-2008, 02:24 AM
I remember Karaoke Challenge when it was on Challenge TV years ago. It had Suggs from Madness on. They were always on a beach or in a park with a huge sound rig. It was a pretty low budget show so if this is the same thing I wouldn't expect a fortune from it. Could be a fun experience though (if it really is genuine - I'd have thought they'd have all of their own gear for use on that big trailer of theirs - they always used to use the same gear before).

axeman
27-09-2008, 01:33 AM
its deffo going ahead - filming is monday morning

DJWilson
27-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Let us no how it goes, well done

djsteve10
27-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Good luck with the gig and I look forward to a gig report about it.

DJWilson
27-09-2008, 01:16 PM
When do you plan on being in the TV Guide :D

Jiggles
27-09-2008, 01:32 PM
If its going to be a normal program then about 2-3 months!

axeman
27-09-2008, 02:05 PM
its for t4 the slot aimed at the youth, im filming mon morning and will post details mon afternoon, then on tues im off to tenerife..wahoo....exciting times !!

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Good luck - enjoy!

axeman
29-09-2008, 02:53 PM
just back from the filming, its for a show called "relentless" to be aired poss nov23rd or a sunday shorlty after, not sure yet.

A girl who had applied to ch4 to be on tv, was being secretly filmed/followed thru her everyday normal life....and suprised a few times then given various embarrassing or difficult tasks to carry out,

I had to meet up with the film crew etc in newcastle city ctr. and wait around, while they suprised her at work nearby, dressed her as an angel, and made her find me with my smallest karaoke set up in history, in the city ctr.
once she found me i had to ask her what song was the answer ? she said "angels" i played it, ..she sang it, ....people clapped, then a little comedy banter with the presenter and "cut".

Tec aspects.

I was asked if i could provide, a karaoke set up which would work outside without mains electricity, it had to be very small/portable, so i used a battery powered street cube amp/speaker, with mic input with reverb and aux input for my lap-top, no extra screen so i just had to quickly load the song and open the screen to full size in an instant.

all told it s been a great experience, a lot of standing around waiting, drinking coffee....

im not sure what it will be like, but its gotta be good PR.

axeman
09-10-2008, 01:02 PM
heres a link to the promo video

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=28354658

axeman
26-11-2008, 10:21 AM
The show is on channel 4 this sunday 30th nov 2008 @ 1.35pm it's called "relentless" i have no idea how it's gonna be edited together, so wish me luck....lol

ppentertainments
26-11-2008, 10:58 AM
At least you can't get critisised for your lights there :D :D
I have a kids party on sun so will see if the bairn will set the sky+ for me. Hope it looks good for you. :beer1: :beer1:

axeman
26-11-2008, 11:35 AM
pp ents
At least you can't get critisised for your lights there lol, at

lol, yes but im sure there will be something else ! never mind it's all good craic.

Adam_F
30-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Just watched this. Sure was a minimal rig!

Well done!

axeman
01-12-2008, 12:39 AM
yeah i said earlier it all had to be battery operated.... so minimal is correct.

if any one want's to see the prog it can be watched free at ch4's website using their catch - up facility

http://www.channel4.com/watch_online/

ppentertainments
01-12-2008, 10:58 AM
yeah i said earlier it all had to be battery operated.... so minimal is correct.

if any one want's to see the prog it can be watched free at ch4's website using their catch - up facility

http://www.channel4.com/watch_online/
Can't get it to work for some reason. I assume you have recorded it so will have a looky when bringing your mic back :beer1:

axeman
01-12-2008, 01:15 PM
you need to pick relentless from the drop down list..

ppentertainments
01-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah done that and pop up box appears, then nothing. They are doing work on broadband at moment and it seems really slow, could have something to do with it.

daz226
01-12-2008, 06:01 PM
that was great and i guess she will never be crowned miss karaoke queen

axeman
01-12-2008, 06:48 PM
oh no - she was dreadfully bad...lol.

Bouncy Dancefloor
03-12-2008, 11:03 AM
just had a look, great for the CV, nice one!

Did you have the speaker already or did you hire it?
(also thank god you didnt bring just the ten robbie songs like they asked for, or you wouldnt have been able to do the witty Rolf harris moment at the end)

axeman
03-12-2008, 11:46 AM
the zig zag team hired the speaker, and the witty rolf harris comment i made up earlier in the day, so it was a good job i had my whole karaoke collection.

i was shocked when i saw the show, and realised she had it wrong and it wasn't "angels" anyway !!