PDA

View Full Version : Can you get?

OllieJames
05-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Hello!

You know those things you can get when you go abroad to change plugs from UK to 2 pin, well i know you can get 2 pin to 3 pin however is it possible to get black ones?

Reason for asking is that i'm going to buy some LED parcans from thomann very soon, however they have a 2 pin plug..

Thanks,

Ollie

Jiggles
05-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Just cut the plug off and attach a UK one. Easy.

Tom
05-10-2008, 12:31 PM
When I got mine I just cut the 2 pin plugs off and fitted uk plugs instead. No point in using adapters if thats hat you were thinking???

Maby get your dad to do this for you if he can do this. If not, then seek an eletrician to do this for you. :)

ppentertainments
05-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Agree with the above. use the least connection / extensions possible.
Or what about something like this ??
http://www.djsupplies.co.uk/8-way-switch-pack-302-p.asp

TonyB
05-10-2008, 12:59 PM
If you don't want to mess around with cutting cables and rewiring, you can get a plug adapter that permanently fits and will pass a PAT test such as http://www.connevans.co.uk/store/viewProduct.do?id=1650239

OllieJames
05-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks for your replies, very helpful!

Tony, that looks fantastic! Would save the hassle of chopping the cable up. Thanks very much!

Jiggles
05-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Thats ok so long as they have the no earthed versions of the plug! Not the big round ones. Or are the ones that do. cant tell from the images.

Vectis
05-10-2008, 01:08 PM
If you don't want to mess around with cutting cables and rewiring, you can get a plug adapter that permanently fits and will pass a PAT test such as http://www.connevans.co.uk/store/viewProduct.do?id=1650239

Same thing in CPC part code PL1057307 (3A) or PL1057407 (5A) are 85p each in the current 'buy more get more' catalogue, or 69p each if you buy 20+.
:o

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Put IEC plugs on them, then you can either use IECs or normal plugs by using an adapter.

nigelwright7557
05-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Hello!

You know those things you can get when you go abroad to change plugs from UK to 2 pin, well i know you can get 2 pin to 3 pin however is it possible to get black ones?

Reason for asking is that i'm going to buy some LED parcans from thomann very soon, however they have a 2 pin plug..

Thanks,

Ollie

I would steer away from adaptors as they easily get disconnected if knocked.

One Vision
05-10-2008, 11:03 PM
If you don't want to remove the euro plug, (who knows you may be called up to do a big club in Ibitha sometime so may need the Euro plug :D ) simply get another lead with a UK plug fitted and fit the right fuse if not already correct.

JAMdisco
06-10-2008, 08:12 AM
I got my PAR LED's from Thomman and I changed the 2 pin plugs for IEC's.

Only problem is with the 6 channel DMX controller as that has a transformer built into the plug. I had to buy an adapter (like a shaving adapter). However, shaving adapters are only rated up to 3 amps (I think) so you'll have to buy a higher rated one, I think it cost about £6.

Works fine but it's not been PAT tested yet so don't know if it will pass? :confused:

soundtracker
06-10-2008, 08:22 AM
If you don't want to remove the euro plug, (who knows you may be called up to do a big club in Ibitha sometime so may need the Euro plug :D ) simply get another lead with a UK plug fitted and fit the right fuse if not already correct.

Yeah, coz if you get the call to do Manumission, they'll want you to take your miracled just to improve their lighting!!!!:D

Dragonfly
06-10-2008, 08:48 AM

Yeah, coz if you get the call to do Manumission, they'll want you to take your miracled just to improve their lighting!!!!:D

well duh !!!!! I think you'll find Manumission is in Ibiza he was talking about one of the other big clubs in the other place where miracleds are marvelled at much like crying statues in Rome :D :D :D :D :D :beer1: :beer1: