PDA

View Full Version : what sub?

Reminisce disco
07-10-2008, 01:36 AM
Hey all,

im looking to invest in a sub to add to my JBL EON 15 G2'S but don't know where to start. I'm not sure if I need one or two or what brand to go for. I'm pretty sure I want an active sub or subs. My gigs mainly consist of working men's clubs and hotels with an audience of 200 people maximum.
Can you please suggest what to go for , I have a budget of £500-£700,

Thanks a lot .

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-10-2008, 02:41 AM
This has been done a few times too...

Please use the search facility to look before posting.

Members on here will recommend the Mackie SWA1501, RCF 705AS and DB Sub 15 for active subs. Have a search on the site for those.

UltraBeat Entertainment
07-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Members on here will recommend the Mackie SWA1501, RCF 705AS and DB Sub 15 for active subs. Have a search on the site for those.

I won't:p

Recently bought the JBL active sub. Great unit with lots of power with great sounding low end notes.

Winner in my book:cool:

If you want more information I'll dig out the link for you.

Dillmiester
07-10-2008, 07:22 PM
If I had the money at the time I would have gone for the DB Sub 15" which I did alot of research on and its the muts nuts. You will find quite a few on here that rate them high and they have bags of power. Start with one and see how you get on. I dont think you will need two unless your playing to the larger crowds in big rooms.

Vectis
07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
If I had the money at the time I would have gone for the DB Sub 15" which I did alot of research on and its the muts nuts. You will find quite a few on here that rate them high and they have bags of power. Start with one and see how you get on. I dont think you will need two unless your playing to the larger crowds in big rooms.

:agree:

Second that.