PDA

View Full Version : Cortex owners - HELP

ppentertainments
10-10-2008, 08:28 AM
On the last cortex update it included the ability to control the volume using the pitch sliders. I never needed to use this but somehow I have turned this function on on one side - How do I turn it off ?? :confused:
I have looked at the cortex website to no avail.

Creature
10-10-2008, 09:00 AM
havent done any updates since i got my cortex - but any updates are usually followed with an option added to the setup config option - if your still not sure give Cortex a ring

ppentertainments
10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Sorted - had a phone call from a chap called Bruce from Oxfordshire who is not a member of this forum but saw the post, rang me and talked me through - Much appreciated :beer1: :beer1:

It was similar to what you said, creature. The thing is I don't know how I done it :eek: but definetly did not go through the menu. It just seemed to happen half way through a gig a couple of weeks ago.

Well all set for my gig tonight - still can hardly walk with my bad back but can't NOT do this gig tonight so will get through somehow :D :D :D

Creature
10-10-2008, 09:50 AM
glad you got it sorted - same here got bad back and struggling to move but also have a gig tonight that im not gonna let go

hope you have a great nite

ppentertainments
10-10-2008, 10:09 AM
glad u got it sorted - same here got bad back and struggling to move but also have a gig tonight that im not gonna let go

hope u have a great nite

Glad I'm not only one in the 'bad back brigade'. Hope you have a good one too. One advantage is that I will not have to drive, setup or pack away. Having to pay someone to do it instead as can't even drive at moment.

Creature
10-10-2008, 10:10 AM
bummer i got to do all that altho the venue owners do help unload & load up the van :):)

still free food n drinks and always a very nice welcome just always give ya that extra kick when ya not feeling to good

spin mobile disco
10-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Haven't tried the volume control update yet but could see the appeal. If you had a mixer failure mid gig you could still link cortex direct to amp for use. A very handy thing that. Means 1 less item of backup to carry.

CRAZY K
10-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Sorted - had a phone call from a chap called Bruce from Oxfordshire who is not a member of this forum but saw the post, rang me and talked me through - Much appreciated :beer1: :beer1:

It was similar to what you said, creature. The thing is I don't know how I done it :eek: but definetly did not go through the menu. It just seemed to happen half way through a gig a couple of weeks ago.

Well all set for my gig tonight - still can hardly walk with my bad back but can't NOT do this gig tonight so will get through somehow :D :D :D

Glad your sorted--I do have a direct contact with Cortex UK help line if you need it.

I deliberately have not used updates---if it aint broke etc.not a glitch in coming up to 2 years--well there was one last week--dodgy cable between Cortex and mixer---Cortex you are forgiven:)

My needs are simple---gimme music;)

Noticeable that both Cortex and Denon seem to have had problems in the area of updates.

Cue Rob--D2 hasnt had any problems :ner:

CRAZY K

Jiggles
10-10-2008, 04:39 PM
The D2 hasnt had any :D

Corabar Steve
10-10-2008, 05:30 PM
What updates or problems?