PDA

View Full Version : What you think of these led blinders?

dmckaraoke
10-10-2008, 07:01 PM
http://www.jpleisure.co.uk/item650.htm

Was thinking in getting 4

Good or Bad or is there something better?

idisco
10-10-2008, 07:34 PM
looks good, do you know any cheaper items that do sort of the same thing as im under tight budget at the minute

Tom
10-10-2008, 07:56 PM
http://www.jpleisure.co.uk/item650.htm

Was thinking in getting 4

Good or Bad or is there something better?

I think Jamie uses something like this for his rigs.

Jiggles
10-10-2008, 08:47 PM
looks good, do you know any cheaper items that do sort of the same thing as im under tight budget at the minute

Hello can you please introduce your self in the newbies section!

dmckaraoke
11-10-2008, 05:07 AM
I think Jamie uses something like this for his rigs.

Something tells me Jamies are way more money than them....And way more powerfull..

Still not able to find the full spec for these..Power and dmx values

Paul James Promotions
11-10-2008, 08:50 AM
They are the same ones that I use, and that is a good end user price you've found. They are stupidly bright, and have loads of in built features. Each of the four circles can be controlled independantly, so there's so much you can do with them. The only one thing I don't like about them is that the red LEDs seem to have a narrow beam angle compared to the green and blue. This means that when colour mixing e.g. purple, at short distance you get a bit of a hot spot of red. Baring in mind that the red LEDs are less powerful than the others, and that it wasn't fully dark, this is what two units do in the garden...

idisco
11-10-2008, 04:16 PM
I did introduce myself

dmckaraoke
12-10-2008, 11:01 AM
They are the same ones that I use, and that is a good end user price you've found. They are stupidly bright, and have loads of in built features. Each of the four circles can be controlled independantly, so there's so much you can do with them. The only one thing I don't like about them is that the red LEDs seem to have a narrow beam angle compared to the green and blue. This means that when colour mixing e.g. purple, at short distance you get a bit of a hot spot of red. Baring in mind that the red LEDs are less powerful than the others, and that it wasn't fully dark, this is what two units do in the garden...

How many are you using there Jamie? Sorry spotted the answer to this one...."2"

I could not believe the price was looking at getting 2 at first now looking at getting 4.

Do you have a link for the dmx values and perhaps the manuals?

How much did you pay for yours if you don't mind asking more or less?

Look back on post i saw you once had a video clip of these if you till have can you repost..

And not so sure if the ones iv posted are the same yours where £600 a pair cased? the ones i posted are about £200 each

Cheers Jamie

Corabar Steve
12-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I did introduce myself

But you hadn't at the time.

Each post has a date & time on it. Callum's request that you introduce yourself was posted the day before your Newbies thread.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I can't see the point of these led blinders unless you are using them for a band or some kind of production?

I suppose if you do massive gigs, they might come in handy though.

Corabar Steve
12-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I was thinking the same (& I think I said as much the last time we had a blinders thread)

dmckaraoke
12-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I tend to work with band at the venue i work with with these i intend to use then with dry hire...Not dj work

dmckaraoke
27-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Ordered will be Wednesday ...Drifters tribute next Friday...

Digitalsounds
27-10-2008, 09:14 PM
not to put you off but i have found a flaw with these led blinders which is not evedent when you look at them.

its if anyone is videoing the event you are doing that the problem shows up.

The problem is that on some of these led product the refresh rate of the LED is not all that fast and video cameras pick up on this causing a flicker effect on the played back film.

We have now done 2 events where this has shown up which is a shame as they are well bright and create a brilliant wash if they are the better brand ones.

dmckaraoke
27-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info...

Don't really intend to video the performance...Well not yet anyway lol..Really just looking for a way to enhance my tribute nights...bands singers etc..

OllieJames
28-10-2008, 07:13 AM
not to put you off but i have found a floor with these led blinders

You get a floor with them?! :D

:o :coat:

dmckaraoke
28-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Im sure he meant flaw..Or do these come with a small dance floor for Ken and Barbie.

Paul James Promotions
28-10-2008, 08:58 AM
not to put you off but i have found a floor with these led blinders which is not evedent when you look at them.

its if anyone is videoing the event you are doing that the problem shows up.

The problem is that on some of these led product the refresh rate of the LED is not all that fast and video cameras pick up on this causing a flicker effect on the played back film.

We have now done 2 events where this has shown up which is a shame as they are well bright and create a brilliant wash if they are the better brand ones.

I'd be interested to see how a professional camera responds to the units. Monday will be the test :)

dmckaraoke
10-03-2009, 08:00 AM
A wee update on this on....Check the videos no weird refresh/flicker rate...

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18942

yourdj
10-03-2009, 10:26 AM
But you hadn't at the time.

Each post has a date & time on it. Callum's request that you introduce yourself was posted the day before your Newbies thread.

This problem crops up allot. i got done when i joined. I did not see the new-bees bit and just went straight to the mobile dj section as that was why i joined.

Is there a way of automatically diverting new users to the correct thread :) Not the best thing to be told off when you just want to make friends lol.

I was thinking the same (& I think I said as much the last time we had a blinders thread)

Would be good for architectural use in nice venues or outside on trees buildings if they were waterproof. It amazes me how you can get that much light from 3 watt bulbs? My tri phase are 10 watt and not as bright. :) But they are shone through mirrors etc.

dmckaraoke
10-03-2009, 11:27 AM
What about some tree art....

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Cool! How far away were the blinders?

dmckaraoke
10-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Far away..

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the details....

yourdj
10-03-2009, 12:07 PM
That looks very good!

Im writing an email to a client at the moment for this. Looks stunning!

What power safety measures do you need? I assume the yellow connector things they use for machinery etc?