PDA

View Full Version : Denon DN-HD2500 and apple macs

yourdj
12-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi, this old chestnut again :)

Does anyone know if Denon has come up with a solution for the dn hd2500 mac compatibility issues yet.

I find it amazing that 90% of the music industry uses macs and they design a device that does not work with them!

My £100 car stereo accepts a mac formated ipod yet this does not :Censored:

I have some time on my hands now and want to finally go digital.

The bloke at the Denon stall at the motor museum said there would be some software coming out soon.

Also how do you create playlists from external hard drives as that would suffice for now? Cant seem to work it out?

any useful link would be helpful. I would really like a Denon rep to help me as im installing it in to my club soon too so contact info for Denon Hants would be helpful.

ps: i do not have leopard or boot camp.

Any links very much appreciated :)

Shaun
12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Also how do you create playlists from external hard drives as that would suffice for now? Cant seem to work it out?

The best method I found is making up playlists in winamp, saving them, then importing them via the denon software. This method means I have a full backup up of all the winamp playlists should the database ever corrupt.

kilmeedyman
12-10-2008, 11:04 PM
I find it amazing that 90% of the music industry uses macs and they design a device that does not work with them!
:Censored:

That's a bold statement

yourdj
12-10-2008, 11:12 PM
That's a bold statement

Factoring in studios, producers etc. who may need one for what ever reason. not just mobile DJ's.

Well i have always used Denon and no problems whatsoever until this issue :)

I just hope they do not charge me for the mac music manager software when it comes out

:soapbox:

The best method I found is making up playlists in winamp, saving them, then importing them via the denon software. This method means I have a full backup up of all the winamp playlists should the database ever corrupt.

I am assuming this is windows software.

There haas been problems with tags being messed up when using itunes and music manager from hd to windows (mm) and then to Denon. Is this a better option then?

Can i load all my required gig tunes (chart, playlists, first dances) on a memory stick and use that too from mac as its allot easier than burning disks.

BeerFunk
13-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I get your point, but it's not that big a deal, who doesn't have access to a PC?

yourdj
15-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Yes but i use a mac all my tunes and playlists are on mac and i should not have to :Censored: around borrowing a pc off someone every-time i want to load the chart, requests, first dances into music manager etc!

Basically every week!

Jiggles
15-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Dual boot your Mac if you have the new intels and OS 10.5.

yourdj
15-10-2008, 07:05 PM
That would be the best as i could run boot camp. Unfortunately i only have 10.4 and my other mac is broken!

Thanks

Jiggles
15-10-2008, 07:09 PM
is it Intel? If so then Parallels! Im a Mac user and i use it and its works quite well.

yourdj
16-10-2008, 02:18 PM
is it Intel? If so then Parallels! Im a Mac user and i use it and its works quite well.

No its a G4. I bought it before the new one. :)