PDA

View Full Version : Flight Case Problem

Baze
13-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Numark CDN35 CD Player and CM100 Mixer. I bought a flight case to house this bit of equipment and it is rubish. http://www.djstore.com/item/djs242carpetcase.htm
This is the one i purchased. The problem i have is that apart from the poor quality the cd player doesnt fit correctly, there are gaps and i think this is resulting in CD's skipping as it does not sit right? Does anyone use this gear and if so what cases do you use? Anyone else have any advice?

Daryll
13-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear you have a duff product.

Take a look http://www.kamkase.co.uk/products/twincdandmixer/index.htm.
I brought the 264 , never looked back, build quality is superb.

Daryll

JAMdisco
14-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Assuming you got it from dj-store - have you rung them and explained this to them. I've always had excellent service from them but to be fair, have not yet had to return anything so I'm not sure what their 'after sales' are like.

Good luck in getting this resloved. :)

Corabar Steve
14-10-2008, 08:03 AM
To be blunt, you get what you pay for. I used to use that sort of case (& one of our guys still does(admittedly a heavily modified & reinforced version)), but after about 8 months of gigging it pretty much fell apart.

You're much better off going with Kamkase or for a bit more (but better quality) Road Ready or Rhino

Vectis
14-10-2008, 08:42 AM
You're much better off going with Kamkase or for a bit more (but better quality) Road Ready or Rhino

:agree:

I use a Citronic 11U sloping + 2U case and it's been great for at least 2 years. So far the spring has gone in one of the handles and there's a bit of rust forming on one of the latches where the chrome got scratched. But it's strong as an ox and still looking great.

Baze
14-10-2008, 06:09 PM
the case looks good on the pricey side tho! but like you said you get what you pay for. Gonna sort this out with DJ Store, thanks for your comments.

nigelwright7557
14-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi,

The problem i have is that apart from the poor quality the cd player doesnt fit correctly, there are gaps and i think this is resulting in CD's skipping as it does not sit right? Does anyone use this gear and if so what cases do you use? Anyone else have any advice?

How about using some foam in the gaps ?

pagan_flame
14-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I've had a bigger version (3-11-2?) for around 3 years, not the best but it's been OK... but I too have reinforced mine.

I am just looking to replace it now with something smaller (2-4-2) and to move my spare mixer into a slant case with my spare decks if I can find a cheap secondhand one.

Had no problems with any decks skipping though.