PDA

View Full Version : Charity Event - Raising Cash!

KaraokeDJ
17-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi everyone.

I'm doing a charity event on Hallowe'en Night and we are thinking of getting the singers to put a pound in the box to sing a song. Also, someone nominating someone else to sing must put a pound in but if that nominated person doesn't want to sing, they put a pound in...

I'm also thinking of things like: If 2 or more people want to sing the same song, they bid on it, so the one who puts the most in the charity box gets to sing that song...

Anyone done this sort of thing before, got any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-10-2008, 09:55 AM
If it's the right kind of crowd - eg: fun and easy going, you could also get people to pay to get the singer off too.

ppentertainments
17-10-2008, 09:56 AM
If it's the right kind of crowd - eg: fun and easy going, you could also get people to pay to get the singer off too.

Arrgh! beat me to it !!!
Have done a few charity karaoke which work well - but you do need the right crowd.

KaraokeDJ
17-10-2008, 10:14 AM

I'm hoping that the crowd will be up for it. Landlord says he is expecting lots in.

Arrgh! beat me to it !!!
Have done a few charity karaoke which work well - but you do need the right crowd.

Definately about the crowd. If the place is half empty and the first few announcements of a 'charity donation for each song' goes down like a lead balloon, I'll know I'm banging my head agains the wall..