PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Imove 5s + Empty Bass Cabs

Cj_The_Dj
23-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi i now have some money.

and i am looking for a use but Good condition Acme Imove 5 Most £200.00

i did have a bid on one on eBay but it just went i didn't lose it or win i was confused:bang: .

also i am looking for a pair of empty 18" bass cabs because i can get my hands on a pair of 18" Fane speakers for a cheep price and they amazing i just need cabs:(
i wouldn't mind home made ones. if you now anyone who can build them let me now :D

i just don't know where to look and tell me if its not realistic.

501damian501
23-10-2008, 04:36 PM
18inch, you going to need two of you to lift, why not build some cabinets from plywood, or get the plans from speakerplans.com and contact your local joiner and strike up a deal, i would personaly go for 15inch and use some eminence kappa pro 15 chassis drivers.

if you feel strong why not 18s, i have some 18s in storage.

Tom
23-10-2008, 04:59 PM
You cant just stick a speaker in any cab. The cab is built to the specs of the speaker.

I would also say that 15" would be enough aswell but I wouldnt go for the eminence kappa pro as these are cheap and nasty drivers. Im sure there are better out there for your needs.

501damian501
23-10-2008, 05:16 PM
the lad is 16, give him a break, you honestly think the lad wants to spend all this money on a sub !, the eminence kappa pro are value for money, am more than aware you cant stick any speaker in any cabinet, but if you vist speakerplans.com it recommends what speakers to put in which cabinet !

heres a link to some plans, http://speakerplans.com/index.php?id=plans enjoy and build, the skys the limit

Tom
23-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I am only saying what the people of the fourm would say but in a much nicer way. The forum is run by eletrical and sound engineers who know a hell of a lot about sound.

I asked the same quesiton and all they said was go for a 15" reflex cab as I wouldnt need anything else.

If it was me I would go for somthing like this - http://www.speakerstore.nl/index.php?pg=11&c=49

Jiggles
23-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I am only saying what the people of the fourm would say but in a much nicer way. The forum is run by eletrical and sound engineers who know a hell of a lot about sound.

I asked the same quesiton and all they said was go for a 15" reflex cab as I wouldnt need anything else.

If it was me I would go for somthing like this - http://www.speakerstore.nl/index.php?pg=11&c=49

I made them and there good and easy to make!

Cj_The_Dj
24-10-2008, 01:27 PM
i know it not as simple as puting a speaker in a box. but i woudnt mind doing it as i can get a pair of "New But Second Hand" fane 18" for £50.00 each i just need cabs and crossovers.

Tom
24-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Would it work out cheaper to get a class-d subwoofer???

When building cabs, all the cuts have to be spot on and if there are any gaps where air could leak out then the sound will be affected a lot.

Just something to think about. :)

I know it might be over you're budget but something like this would be more suited to your needs. :) - Link (http://www.classd.ltd.uk/product.php?productid=16148&cat=24&page=1)

501damian501
24-10-2008, 11:03 PM
air leakage, you seal the cabs with slicone sealer or some expandable foam spray, b&q and places like that have a big wall saw capable of cutting up sheets of ply wood to your requirments, i think you get 1 cut free then its about 50p or so for each other cut, i,d rather spend acouple of quid, knowing the cuts are perfect.

Tom
25-10-2008, 01:05 AM
air leakage, you seal the cabs with slicone sealer or some expandable foam spray...

Yeah, because all the pro companys like Void, Martin Audio, Funktion One all use silicone and expandable foam to seal up the gaps. :bang:

501damian501
25-10-2008, 01:12 AM
how can you compaire something home built, to something built by a company like martin ?

Tom
25-10-2008, 09:26 AM
how can you compaire something home built, to something built by a company like martin ?

You gave a link to speaker plans. On that forum is people who design and build cabs. Do you think that people with such vast knowledge will use silicone and expandable foam??? i dont think so.

If you can get a piece of wood cut straight then there will be no need for that stuff. Just wood glue and screws, like how everyother speaker cab is made these days

Cj_The_Dj
04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
these drivers have now been sold :(

so has anyone got any ideas on where to get a cheep acme imove 5 max i can spend is £200.00