PDA

View Full Version : Last Nights Wedding

DJWilson
25-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi

just thought ill post about last nights gig.

It was my first wedding and was bricking it. Set up about 2:30 because my dad finished from work early, all sorted, got bout about 6:40 (back to the venue) double checked everything all was gonig well :D

The client paying me turned up and payed me full in cash as signed on the contract, played 60's background from 7:00 to about 7:30 then the buffet opened and about 15-20mins later speeches took place (worse part of the night) feedback was occuring which was a pain as they was right in front of the speakers! but i did my best to sort it out, about 10 mins later started playing some pop/dance, got asked to play 80/90 music agadoo etc... got 80% of people up, did a few slow dances in between for the couples at the wedding. got payed the £30 in cash for extra 30mins playing time (contract says 1hour) but only had hall til 11:30 so did 30mins etc, started playing club music from classic big tunes etc, finished with a slow dance then they all asked for 'ONE MORE' im was loving it at this moment in time so i went ok then :) all raving to it, i played about 5 more! :D but i enjoyed myself. Rob (MaxsRoadshow) and my friend Jade was helping, well rob was, jade was dancing in on the dancefloor lol. finished about 11:50 20mins after supposed to, but i was loving it and enjoying myself as well as all the 'ravers' :D i was thanked for a good evening and told ill be recommended etc... really happy, didnt want to stop :) but had to :(

Thanks for the help Rob and Jade :D

My set-up is in the galley, more pictures soon)

501damian501
25-10-2008, 08:41 PM
sounds like a good night, how old were the bride and groom ?

DJWilson
25-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I would say no older then 25 each

nigelwright7557
25-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Congratulations on a good night.

Feedback is bound to happen with people in front of the speakers.
I usually ask people before they talk to stand behind the speakers and to one side so they can still be seen.

DJWilson
25-10-2008, 09:51 PM
When me and my dad was testing for feddback when we was setting up we relised it would be an issue so i told the groom etc there may be feedback but ill do my best to resolve the issue, i sometimes cut out one speaker and turned the other side up to resolve some of it. But wasnt unbearable just had to keep alert and my hand on the faders

501damian501
25-10-2008, 11:38 PM
maybe you could invest in one of these, its a behringer feedback destroyer am sure theirs a cheaper on on the net somewhere, i just picked out a random website, am sure someone somewhere on this forum uses one and could give you some good advise on this matter.

http://www.limitedgoods.com/itemView.php?ProdID=83340&source=FroogleUK&medium=free&campaign=FroogleUK

ppentertainments
26-10-2008, 09:06 AM
If people are making speeches and they must be in front of the speakers, ask them to stand to one side.Then feedback should only affect 1 speaker and you can simply turn that speaker off on your amp/mixer, leaving 1 speaker which should be sufficient for speeches.

Obviously you are starting off so a wireless mic may be out of the question for now, but why not look at a microphone extension which are relatively cheap and will allow people speaking to stand away from your equipment.

Well done for the successful night, it makes all the difference when you enjoy a night as well.

DJWilson
26-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I have two wireless mics and my mic is wired, it was an amazing night, i covered 90% of requests, 10% due to killing the mood such as HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL :O and couldnt find them but everyone seemed to have a blast.

Charlie Brown
26-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Ahh good on you mate. Glad you had a good'n:) It is just FAB when it goes well....makes you want to do more and better yourself.

DJWilson
26-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for your comments, wish all gigs are as good as last nights :(