PDA

View Full Version : MP3TAG for Karaoke ?

welby
30-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone uses software to MP3tag their Digital karaoke tracks and if so what software do you use.

I dont know if it exists, but I would like to link to a karaoke database and auto tag on the fly.

MP3tag v2.42 works brilliantly on normal audio tracks and is freeware, but it seems it does not have a way of connecting to a karaoke database.

Hmmm stumped on this one. :bang:

Any help appreciated.

DazzyD
01-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Never heard of such a service, I'm afraid.

But, when I get a chance, I'll do a few searches and see what I can come up with. MP3+G uses the MP3 format for the backing music so I presume that such a service is possible. I'll try out manual tagging some MP3+Gs when I get the time and I'll report back with my findings. ;)

djsteve10
01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Never heard of it but I use Tag&Rename myself.

deltic
02-11-2008, 09:27 AM
don't know if this is what your looking for

http://www.latshawsystems.com/ProductDetails_KJFileManager.aspx

i use the hosting prog for karaoke

welby
02-11-2008, 01:08 PM
don't know if this is what your looking for

http://www.latshawsystems.com/ProductDetails_KJFileManager.aspx

i use the hosting prog for karaoke

Hi, pretty close....thanks! :)

It seems that not many mp3 taggers support Karaoke. There are some on the online music databases, but not that many.

Hmmm might have to start one...lol

Thanks for your help

DazzyD
02-11-2008, 01:34 PM
If you have the time and resources to start an online karaoke database then I think it would be a very good idea. I would make it a subscription service, though, as it could be costly to maintain.

welby
02-11-2008, 10:22 PM
If you have the time and resources to start an online karaoke database then I think it would be a very good idea. I would make it a subscription service, though, as it could be costly to maintain.

Hi DazzyD,

I have a complete up-to-date karaoke database at the moment.

I say at the moment as new releases seem to be hit and miss as to when they get released. It's pretty easy to get the track listings as they are widely distributed.

The issue I suppose is one of "is there a demand for the service" as they are already a couple of good freebie ones.

a sampler below

http://www.traxdist.com/download.html

I was thinking more along the lines of a database that can:

1. look at a directory of cdg+mp3s on hard disk
2. enter the Manufacturers ID eg MRH0032 for lookup
3. Find the listing in the database and ID Tag the corresponding files
4. (option) Rename files to the correct naming convention

Hmmmm probably need to brush up on some serious access or filemaker database skills...lol

It's no problem getting the database together it's the look up parts that are difficult to achieve. :bang:

ppentertainments
09-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I have been watching this thread as am also interested in some form of auto-tagging for MP3+G. Am suprised at the lack of information with all the digital karaoke users about - I guess most must legally download tracks instead of buying the discs and ripping - something I am intending to look at in the future.

welby
14-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I have been watching this thread as am also interested in some form of auto-tagging for MP3+G. Am suprised at the lack of information with all the digital karaoke users about - I guess most must legally download tracks instead of buying the discs and ripping - something I am intending to look at in the future.

It's quite interesting that not many karaoke cds get listed in freedb and others which is a shame because it would save a lot of hard work.

An online database of karaoke is technically possible, but what would you use it for as to be honest it would give you the track listings and I guess a downloadable track list formatted as required.

With an offline database the hard bit is getting the cdg files read correctly and then writing back the mp3tag data back in the correct place.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ works well but your options are limited to a Freedb database, either local or remote and importing tags from text files, which is the way that I do it.

You can also use mp3tag to look on the websites such as amazon, but unless someone writes a script to look at a dedicated karaoke site it wont be of much use for karaoke mp3tagging.

Hope this helps?