PDA

View Full Version : Numark iDJ2

rob1963
06-11-2008, 11:27 AM
I am considering one of these as back up for my D2, as it will be much easier than carrying two boxes of CDs and my old CD console like I do at present.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these, particularly with regards to reliability & how well they perform?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

One Vision
06-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Hya Rob I think they did have some problems possibly the faders or button issues I cant remember and the forum is down to find out?

I think they are perfect as a D2 backup as everything is within one unit, so just a case of umplugging one unit and plugging in another and off you go.
You can even get the dedicated flight case now.

My mate was going to buy one but when we got to the shop they only had the D2 in stock so he went for that.
The only all in one consul that I have actualy had a play with is the Cortex DMIX-600 which was as I remember a quality piece of kit and the only reason we didn't go for that was at the time Cortex were having major issues with the firmware but I would imagine sorted now as that was over 12 months ago, and don't recall any hardware issues?
http://www.cortex-pro.com/dmix_600.php

rob1963
06-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Hya Rob I think they did have some problems possibly the faders or button issues I cant remember and the forum is down to find out?

I think they are perfect as a D2 backup as everything is within one unit, so just a case of umplugging one unit and plugging in another and off you go.
You can even get the dedicated flight case now.

My mate was going to buy one but when we got to the shop they only had the D2 in stock so he went for that.
The only all in one consul that I have actualy had a play with is the Cortex DMIX-600 which was as I remember a quality piece of kit and the only reason we didn't go for that was at the time Cortex were having major issues with the firmware but I would imagine sorted now as that was over 12 months ago, and don't recall any hardware issues?
http://www.cortex-pro.com/dmix_600.php

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the info.

I would have sought my information from the Numark forum, but as you say it's still down.

Hopefully this thread will be seen by someone who uses or has used an iDJ2.

Vectis
06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Rob, might seem a dumb question but why not get a second d2?

The perfect replacement; no need to learn new gear; stick one ipod on each and have 4 decks to go at (IIRC you have the CM200 mixer, so enough channels)... :confused:

rob1963
06-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Rob, might seem a dumb question but why not get a second d2?

It DOES seem a dumb question Vectis! :p but the answer is because another D2 wouldn't fit in my existing console, and the iDJ2 is an all in one unit & nice & small...so nothing extra required.

ppentertainments
06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
It DOES seem a dumb question Vectis! :p but the answer is because another D2 wouldn't fit in my existing console, and the iDJ2 is an all in one unit & nice & small...so nothing extra required.

Not only that, the iDJ2 has a built in mixer, so 2 backups in 1. I carry an old Numark CDmix as backup (for the same reason) with spare laptop, but have been looking at the Cortex D-MIX. Think will hang on till prices come down though.

rob1963
06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Not only that, the iDJ2 has a built in mixer, so 2 backups in 1.

Indeed! :thumbsup: