PDA

View Full Version : dB Technologies QLS152 Forty Line System

Dynamic Entertainment
10-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Next year I'm looking at upgrading my sound system and came across the Forty Line System. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with the system and if its crap what would you recommend as a suitable alternative with a similar power output, size and/or cost.

Many thanks

Steve

spin mobile disco
10-11-2008, 05:47 PM
The forty line is a very good system my local hire shop sells them and hires them They are very reliable and the most requested hired system from them. That is mainly for outdoor and live bands anyway.

I know someone with a 50 line setup but only using 2 subs with 2 tops and it is awsome. Very clear very bassy and he had used it in venue's of over 1000 people with no issues. He is an impersanator so uses very loud volumes for when he is performing.

Shakermaker Promotions
10-11-2008, 06:00 PM
The DB range are very good. I have a couple of active DB Basic 400's. They are small, light and very powerful. I generally use them for vocal PA's etc or monitors.
When I bought them I asked (without seeing them) if they had EQ's on the back (like the Gemini GX 450's I had at the time) and the guy in the shop said "the guys at DB Technology know what they are doing, there's no need for EQ" and he was right...the quality is lovely. I may invest in a sub at some point to get that extra 'oomph'.

spin mobile disco
10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
I use a Db sub-15 and the bass is very good. I use it at one of my regular venue's all the time and it can house 400+ and have never had a problem.

Dynamic Entertainment
10-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the replies. Ive just checked out the Fifty Line system and it looks awesome...but i havent the funds for an arctic transporter (it looks huge). I think that I may end up with the fory line. I like the idea of being able to use the tops and bass bins for everyday use and the sub bass bins for that extra punch bit of punch if a night needs it.