PDA

View Full Version : cases for effects?

One Vision
12-11-2008, 11:16 PM
I am after some cases for dynarocks and impossibled.
Iv seen the protex ones or at least for the impossibled but pricey for what they are, does anybody know any reasonably priced alternatives? :(

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I am after some cases for dynarocks and impossibled.
Iv seen the protex ones or at least for the impossibled but pricey for what they are, does anybody know any reasonably priced alternatives? :(

How much are the Protex ones?

Arriba have a good selection of padded bags. I bought 2 x record cases with foam inserts for the Impossibleds. I'm sure there's a link to them on here somewhere. If you can't find it, I'll have another look later.

djdarren
13-11-2008, 01:46 PM
protex impossibled case is about £50 and the dynrock one is about £73 (holds 4 dynamo and controller)

Shaun
13-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I use arriba padded bags from Terralec for my ImpossiLED's. Nice and cheap, and do the job perfectly. I was a bit wary of using the padded bags as I have everything else flight-cased. I needn't have worried though.

One Vision
13-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Ill have a nosy at the arriba padded bags, thanks all :)

One Vision
13-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Found the link thanks fellas :)

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11540&highlight=Arriba

Corabar Entertainment
15-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Have been looking at some padded bags recently: but can anyone confirm whether the dimensions given are the internal or external measurements?

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Have been looking at some padded bags recently: but can anyone confirm whether the dimensions given are the internal or external measurements?

I seem to remember finding both if you look at several sites.

Corabar Entertainment
21-11-2008, 08:50 AM
OK, thanks. (It's just that the few I've looked at so far only give one set of dimensions, and I don't know if it's internal or external!...... Have to do some more digging. :) )

Vectis
21-11-2008, 09:07 AM
The Arriba impossibled bag is excellent.

In mine I can fit the impossibled, my radio mic receiver, all the nuts & bolts for my Ultimax stand, two CA8s and a 6m DMX cable :o

The protex cases are very good for the Acme effects. I used to have one for 4 dynamos which Callum will vouch for, and currently use one for a pair of dynarocks and four for individual MV250's. Despite their initial flimsy appearance they hold up well to life on the road. Worth every penny.