PDA

View Full Version : Daslight Problem

Tom
15-11-2008, 08:33 PM
If anybody on here knows a bit about daslight then I will need your help.

How do you make a structure, as in a deck stand with over head light bar??? I have been trying to work it out for quite a while but still cant do it. :(

Dynamic Entertainment
15-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Are you using DVC2? If so....

Click the "Start 3d visualisation" button (Second row down from the top, fourth one in). That will open the 3d viewer window in "User Mode" (one with the eye). Click on "Construction Mode" (next to "User Mode" (wit the hard hat))

That will open a new window split into 4 quaters (3d view in the top left, settings and listings in the top right, birds eye view in the bottom left and level view in the bottom right).

In the top left under listings there may already be items (i.e. truss etc), right click and delete these. I would now suggest you go to "Rendering options" on the menu bar and move the "Ambient Light" slider over to the right. makes it easier to work.

Now, back in the top left jand box, under "Settings" you have 3 little logos (a moving head, a box and 3 boxes stacked). Click on the box(mouse hover says "Create Object/s") This will open a new window called "Objects Library". In this will be a load of folders (Construction, Decorative objects, Fixtures, Lighting systems, Music instruments, People, Sound systems, textures, Truss and a couple of other files; cube with texture, logo and stage).

If you click on Truss, you will find a file called stand, select it then click, select. You will find its inserted in the 3d viewer, but it will be mid air. You have to play about a bit to get it where you want it (the 3d viewer it tilts, zooms, pans etc. and it depends on the view you looking as to whether you move it on the horisontal axis or the vertical axis). Playing about is the bext option.

You should also notice "Stand" in the listing window. and in the lower 2 windows you have a birds eye view and a level view of the stand.

For the second stand you can either redo the steps you used to get this one, or right click "Stand" in "listing" and duplicate it. Just click ok on the next pop up. It will put the second stand in exactly the same place as the first 1. Just click and move it.

You can accuratly position them using the bottom right screen as a guide so they sit on the floor. Then to make sure they are along the same horizontal line you can go to the "Settings" (top right box) and on the location tab it has the X, Y, Z values. Y is the vertical axis (the other 2 depends whick way round your viewing the 3d viewer (again have a play around).

To put the truss on, click on the "Add object/s" (in settings) button again, then select your truss (it should take you to the objects library, in the Truss folder still. Have a hunt around for what you want but i work with Tri35_200. You may need more than 1 section to fill the spam. (remember the x,y,z values in Settings give you a perfect horizontal level number).

Unfortunatly, ive not found a dj booth or deck stand yet (there is a cooker though!!!) so i used a section of bar (i.e pub bar, not steel bar :) ) to show where the stand would go.

Well sorry its long winded. If it doesnt make sens give me a shout. Even give me a ring (numbers on the website) and ill work through it at my end with you.

Tom
15-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Steve,

Thank you so much. This has helped a great deal and now I can start designing me light shows for me new lights when I get them.

Have a :beer1: or a :guinness: on me. :D:D:D:D:D

Dynamic Entertainment
16-11-2008, 10:55 AM
No probs. Like i say, give me a bell if you need anything. I dont know it inside out, but ive a fair knowledge of it.

Tom
24-11-2008, 09:27 PM
If anybody can help then cool.

I have a slight problem.

I have generated a scene that looks rather cool but I need ot to face the other way. On the 3d generator the lights are movng behind the rig ansd its the same on the lights, which I also have out.

How can I flip the generator so the lights is facing the other way with out affect the other scenes I have made???

Just need to sort this out so I can upload to the ryger. :(

Jiggles
24-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Does it really matter where they are in the visualiser?

Tom
24-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Well yeah.

I have the lights set up now and on the laptop screen they are facing backwards and with them setup on the floor they are facing backwards also.

I don't want to mess about with chaning the tilt on the heads as this will mess up all thenother scenes I have made on the laptop.

There has got to be a way to change it. I just don't know. :(

Jiggles
24-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Turn them or use the invert function in the visualiser

Tom
24-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I do that they the scene im trying to change does change but the other ones I made no go the other way and also does the same with the lights setup on the floor.

Dynamic Entertainment
24-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Sorry pal, cant help with this one yet, never had the problem. Let me have a play to recreate the problem and if i figure it out ill give you a shout.

Tom
24-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Sorry pal, cant help with this one yet, never had the problem. Let me have a play to recreate the problem and if i figure it out ill give you a shout.

If you can work it out then cool. Got a school disco tomorrow and wanted to give the whole lot a blast.

Tom
25-11-2008, 12:44 AM
No need to worry. Just worked it out, by fluke really. lol.