PDA

View Full Version : Deck Stand curtain, manufactures?

One Vision
16-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Hya folks am confused I thought only Ultimax made the curtains for their stands?
Is it possible that one or two that have bought them and complained about the quality of the cloth have in fact bought the "Skytronic" version?
I have noticed a couple of other differences from the picks, like how the bar attaches to the brackets. :eek:

Ultimax version
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=224033

Skytronic version
http://www.skytronic.co.uk/product/index.php?s=180.898
http://www.skytronic.co.uk/rsc/img/100/180898.jpg

Danno13
16-11-2008, 07:03 PM
The Ultimax one is the one I have, only I bought it ages ago and I beleive they've now changed the front material to a thinner type. Mine also didn't come with a bottom bar, like that picture shows.

Adam_F
16-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Genuine retailers advertising Ultimax ones, sell Ultimax ones.

Ultimax changed the front cloth, and it is not as good as their original one. They have also recently changed the way in which the front bar mounts.

Skytronic have simply copied the design from Ultimax.

EDIT: The link to HTFR there still shows the old design, their new design is the spring clip. I've just not got round to getting a new image on there.

One Vision
16-11-2008, 07:09 PM
But kept the same price, what a con, I was looking to buy the Ultimax one from HTFR, I have seen the Skytronic one for £38?

EDIT
Even better than I thought £32.83 although only for the metalwork? :eek:
http://www.gizmojuice.com/dj-stand-front-curtain---853602-3371-p.asp

OllieJames
16-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I bought the ultimax from HTFR; as far as HTFR are concerned they are awesome, i was just disapointed with the curtain quality. It's really long, so there's a pile of curtain on the floor, and it's really thin.... I'm going to replace the curtain with some thicker black fabric, and put a bar at the bottom of it.

Adam_F
16-11-2008, 07:26 PM
The reason for the length is that if if was exactly the right size for the stand, once you add the optional wheel kit on, its then too short, and you'd have to purchase another cloth, which more people would moan about.

Skytronics one doesn't come with a bottom bar either, thats just the split top bar. The quality will not be the same as the Ultimax one.

One Vision
16-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Its a shame as I reckon most have the stands without the wheel option fitted.
I think I may just look in to having one made without the cloth as I think you need the bottom rail to keep the cloth taught.
Am looking to have a banner anyway so don't actualy need the cloth.
Am not disputing the quality of the other Ultimax kit but I think the new front is a BIG letdown on their part, even if the front is better quality than the Skytronic version its still substandard.

Adam_F
16-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Am not disputing the quality of the other Ultimax kit but I think the new front is a BIG letdown on their part, even if the front is better quality than the Skytronic version its still substandard.

Agreed, I do not like the quality of it, but use it (with different cloths), at the moment until something better comes along.

OllieJames
16-11-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm buying some new fabric on thursday. Will let you know how it turns out.

ppentertainments
16-11-2008, 08:45 PM
I use a wooden board covered in fabric.
Cost - just over £10.
Looks - good although nothing at sides. Could be easy to add on.
Safety - if someone does the hokey cokey into your stand they hit wood and do not rip your cloth or catch the wires in the back of the amp.
Replacement - couple of quid when cloth gets dirty.

Have used the above for a few years now with no probs

Future - finalising my order for a S&H Booth tomorrow ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Future - finalising my order for a S&H Booth tomorrow ;)

You'll never look back. :)

ppentertainments
16-11-2008, 08:54 PM
You'll never look back. :)
No choice after spending that much :D :D
Break out in a cold sweat just thinking about it. I went to see one on friday (with the pealight), Yes it looked the business, neat and tidy and best of all, plenty of space to hide boxes underneath.

Penfold42
16-11-2008, 08:56 PM
No choice after spending that much :D :D
Break out in a cold sweat just thinking about it. I went to see one on friday (with the pealight), Yes it looked the business, neat and tidy and best of all, plenty of space to hide boxes underneath.

AND......:confused:

Ajaysdisco
16-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Genuine retailers advertising Ultimax ones, sell Ultimax ones.

Ultimax changed the front cloth, and it is not as good as their original one. They have also recently changed the way in which the front bar mounts.

Skytronic have simply copied the design from Ultimax.

EDIT: The link to HTFR there still shows the old design, their new design is the spring clip. I've just not got round to getting a new image on there.

I realised the hard way Ultimax have changed their design.
I personally think the square design is stronger so I contacted them and got the following reply:

The curtain design was changed about 8 months ago as we had a number of complaints from end users about the thumbscrew tightening being destructive to the cloth if slightly abused. On top of this the round bar and clip method allowed a slightly quicker set up. I take your point that 25mm square section is stronger, but unnecessarily so, as it only needs to hold up a cloth and the round bar still takes the odd punter leaning on it!

We no longer manufacture the square metal version as a production product.

ppentertainments
16-11-2008, 09:13 PM
AND......:confused:
Thank you for your offer to carry on, but I had finished my post - was something missing ??

One Vision
16-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I realised the hard way Ultimax have changed their design.
I personally think the square design is stronger so I contacted them and got the following reply:

The curtain design was changed about 8 months ago as we had a number of complaints from end users about the thumbscrew tightening being destructive to the cloth if slightly abused. On top of this the round bar and clip method allowed a slightly quicker set up. I take your point that 25mm square section is stronger, but unnecessarily so, as it only needs to hold up a cloth and the round bar still takes the odd punter leaning on it!

We no longer manufacture the square metal version as a production product.

That's a fare enough comment from Ultimax but there is nothing to hold it at the bottom.
As it stands I have made 2 frames up from 1" x 1" timber painted and stapled Velcro on the front and had a canvas front made that simply Velcros on but to be honest I cant see the timber version lasting more than a couple of months even though its reinforced with angle brackets, but does Finnish the front of nicely.
The 1" x 1" slots in the end of the stand nicely :)