PDA

View Full Version : itunes 8 burning dramas!

Spirits High
24-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Morning all,

Well I foolishly upgradred to itunes 8 over the weekend and now it won't burn any cds:eek:

It was fine befroe I "upgraded" but not now :(

I've uninstalled, re- installed etc. Even tried reinstalling the earlier version but it wouldn't let me as the "directory" had been updated by itunes 8 :mad:

Have googled it and it seems to be a common problem, the fixes suggested haven't worked for me :(

Any help would be great

theoloyla
24-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Tesco Digital?

A1DL
24-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Tesco Digital?

or just Tesco's CD shelves :)
so much simpler ;)

CRAZY K
24-11-2008, 12:50 PM
or just Tesco's CD shelves :)
so much simpler ;)

Than clicking on your PC?

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

I resist all offers to upgrade anything on my PC as a matter of course--after my incident upgrading with AVG :eek:

CRAZY K

Excalibur
24-11-2008, 10:21 PM
What's iTunes? :confused:

Actually I do know what it is, I just didn't get it to work on one of the PC's, so went with Woolies, and a couple of others. Now use 7digital almost exclusively.

Jiggles
24-11-2008, 10:25 PM
You have to delete a specific file the registry. Then iTunes throws up errors... But it still work but you can burn CDs :(

nigelwright7557
24-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Morning all,

Well I foolishly upgradred to itunes 8 over the weekend and now it won't burn any cds:eek:

It was fine befroe I "upgraded" but not now :(

I've uninstalled, re- installed etc. Even tried reinstalling the earlier version but it wouldn't let me as the "directory" had been updated by itunes 8 :mad:

Have googled it and it seems to be a common problem, the fixes suggested haven't worked for me :(

Any help would be great

A free bodge would be to download the tunes you want from Windows Media Player to an IPOD then copy them back to a directory on your PC then blow the files to a CDROM.

Penfold42
25-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Never done an upgrade....why fix it if it works...:confused:

Cheesey 1975
25-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for this !!

Im now gonna ignore the request I got to update it today

CRAZY K
25-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Never done an upgrade....why fix it if it works...:confused:

Unless there is something in it for you---now if you were downloading an MP3 directly--now your talking;)

I learnt my lesson with Cortex and AVG---

If it aint broke---

CRAZY K