PDA

View Full Version : USB DMX Software with sound activation.

music-2-play
28-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi, so I've been updating my equipment recently and just bought 4 Chauvet Q-Roll 250s - I'm trying to keep my carryign load as small as possible and right now, I'm using a 19" light controller, flightcased, with my old Abstract rig.

Anyway, I was looking at USB DMX interfaces, but I can't seem to find one that has a built in sound trigger. Does anybody know an interface/software that allows a microphone input to trigger scenes? I always bring a laptop as back up, so I figured, why not just use that and save bringing another case along.

sp-entertainment
28-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Freestyler isn't bad and its free, you can use most usb-dmx interfaces with it so your not tied to one dongle and software combination
http://freestylerdmx.be/

Dynamic Entertainment
28-11-2008, 10:55 PM
People are gonna get sick of me banging on about this...but Daslight do. As long as you have a mircophone. Bit like this one

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45093&DOY=3m10

Danno13
28-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Or you could use a line in and take a feed from the booth, or record out on your mixer.

Dynamic Entertainment
29-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Never thought of that. Learn something every day.:D

OllieJames
30-11-2008, 09:03 AM
I believe ADJ MyDMX has the sound activation in the software?

Vectis
30-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I believe ADJ MyDMX has the sound activation in the software?

I've not found it yet...

OllieJames
30-11-2008, 10:38 AM
I've not found it yet...

Obviously not then :o

There was some software i downloaded that had sound acivation in, i think it was FreeStyler, because you could set it so it took the music from your WMP and it triggered the lights.

Vectis
01-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes, Freestyler does, but it's a bit flaky in my experience. Not fully integrated into the software, some kind of add-on module. Not played with it much, so it might just be me :o

sp-entertainment
02-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Yes, Freestyler does, but it's a bit flaky in my experience. Not fully integrated into the software, some kind of add-on module. Not played with it much, so it might just be me :o

it used to be but in the new version its much better you can select the frequency response,gain, and delay its much better i'm using it with the velleman USB-To-dmx kit from maplin :D