PDA

View Full Version : And next week I throw the crutches away.

Excalibur
06-12-2008, 09:48 AM
How many of you thought I'd broken something, and was on the mend? :D
No lads and lasses, I'm preparing to shed a tear at the retiremnet of an old friend, beloved of Crazy and myself, the Minidisc Player. :( :( :( :( :(
I've just joined up an external CD/DVD drive to the Cortex, and although I didn't get track info, I did get numbers and full control of them, and Three Dog Night in my headphones. :D :D Yippeeeeeee!
It's now carpentry time. Two Cortex 1000's, a large mixer, two Radio mics,
( see you next week John ;) ;) ) two keyboards, a CD caddy, and space for a DMX Controller. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, might have to go on a bodybuilding course perhaps? :confused: :D :D

As soon as it's built, the piccies will be here first. :D

EDIT:
It will play two tracks off the same disc simultaneously. Handbook says it won't but hey, what do they know? :confused: :D :D :D

Penfold42
06-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Sounds good...:)

bit of advise before you bury the gadget's into the deep wooden box.......

.....make a note of all the numbers....:p ;) :D

Excalibur
06-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Sounds good...:)

bit of advise before you bury the gadget's into the deep wooden box.......

.....make a note of all the numbers....:p ;) :D

Thanks for that Tony, in case you wish to add CD capability to the Denons, without the costly trays, this works with the Cortex. ;) :D ( And on initial trials, outperforms the manual. ;) :D :D )

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152000

Penfold42
06-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks for that Tony, in case you wish to add CD capability to the Denons, without the costly trays, this works with the Cortex. ;) :D ( And on initial trials, outperforms the manual. ;) :D :D )

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152000

If I did add tray's they would have to be Denon.....WELL I'M A BADGE MAN!! ......did I tell you I was selling a Cortex.....:p :p :p :p :p :p :D

Excalibur
06-12-2008, 11:29 AM
If I did add tray's they would have to be Denon.....WELL I'M A BADGE MAN!! ......did I tell you I was selling a Cortex.....:p :p :p :p :p :p :D

Were it not for the fact that at this present moment in time you are living a charmed existence, I would call you a very naughty word, which would not get past the censor. :eek: I don't know, you try to help a mate save money, and what do they do? Add insult to injury! Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Actually, O well travelled one, since this is totally enclosed, you could hide it under the table, and simply bring it into play when necesary, thus not displaying the lack of a D***n badge to all and sundry. ;)

EDIT: It's one solution to Cortex users wishing to have CD capability at a low cost. You don't have to build it in, it will stand separately if you wish. Don't know if it works with the posh units though. :confused: :confused:

Penfold42
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Were it not for the fact that at this present moment in time you are living a charmed existence, I would call you a very naughty word, which would not get past the censor. :eek: I don't know, you try to help a mate save money, and what do they do? Add insult to injury! Grrrrrrrrrrr.
:sj:....just joking with you.....:)
I still like to play with the Cortex once in a while.....it's OK (ish)....:D

Actually, O well travelled one, since this is totally enclosed, you could hide under the table, and simply bring it into play when necesary, thus not displaying the lack of a D***n badge to all and sundry. ;)

We do have a Denon badge in our house.....:ner:

I also believe Rob was a minidisc man.....but for doing quizzes I think. :)

rob1963
06-12-2008, 11:39 AM

I am indeed.

I still use them for the music round at my quiz nights, and have found them to be the most reliable playout system ever.

Excalibur
06-12-2008, 12:11 PM

I am indeed.

I still use them for the music round at my quiz nights, and have found them to be the most reliable playout system ever.

As do/did I. ;) It's a shame that I may have to retire all mine. :( :( :(

Twinspin
06-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Indeed Peter. Let me know when you want the SM58 and we'll arrange something.

I have plans to get another Denon hd2500 eventually and getting the rackmount kit so i can mount my 2x Sennheiser Radio Mics in the case.

my main objective for January is one of those Lovely S+H Starcloth Booths and some new Martin Mania SCX Scanners.