PDA

View Full Version : Help with visuals on Virtual DJ

The_Blue_Dragon
24-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Hi people,
Im just getting the hang of using Virtual DJ and have now got the cable to plug my laptop to a TV using the Svideo socket. I just wondered, when someone isnt doing karaoke is it possible to have something else play on the video screen?

Also was thinking of some sort of count down to show so people can just have a quick look to see how long left

501damian501
24-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi people,
Im just getting the hang of using Virtual DJ and have now got the cable to plug my laptop to a TV using the Svideo socket. I just wondered, when someone isnt doing karaoke is it possible to have something else play on the video screen?

Also was thinking of some sort of count down to show so people can just have a quick look to see how long left

yes that is possiable, as virtual dj is VJ software, for more details on the video side of things, check this link out, http://www.virtualdj.com/presentations/mix_video.html

hope this gives you more understanding, cheers damian

welby
26-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi people,

I use BluffTitler to make all my video graphics. I have made up a couple of stock avi's either promoting my website or wishing people Happy Birthday and things like that.

http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler.html

Hope this helps.

DazzyD
28-01-2009, 06:36 AM
If you centre the crossfader and have audio playing in one player and video only (no sound, obviously!) in the other you'll be able to do just this.

I'm not sure which video formats VDJ supports but any program that can output video/animation/titles to .avi format will be perfect for the job. Its been a while but I'm sure I've played movie files created with Muvee AutoProducer and Windows Movie Maker before, both of which are ideal, and dead easy, for creating these files.

thomsonmwdj
16-07-2009, 02:46 AM
As there are three screens on the main screen 1 large and two small ones representing left and right decks, just click the screen you want to display on your master tv.

SC Events
16-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Go to Effects (3rd one along on the 'Browser' bar), Video Effects, Clip Bank.

If you load your visual in to the Clipbank, all you have to do is click it then click 'Activate'

Even if you have a video playing, this will activate and take over from the video, so all you'd get is the audio.