PDA

View Full Version : Mobile DJ Show 11th January 2009

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Posted on behalf on Clive@CR.

The next Mobile DJ Show in good old Lacey Green is rapidly approaching, in fact it's on:

SUNDAY JANUARY 11th 2009

From 2pm - 6pm

At

Lacey Green Millennium Hall
Lacey Green Bucks

Check out:

www.mobileDJshow.com

Ask anyone who has ever come along, they will tell you it is one of the best Mobile DJ related days out you could ever have...

At absolutely NO cost to you at all, it's all free, FREE entry, FREE food, FREE drink, FREE MEGA PRIZE DRAW.....

Oh and I nearly forgot to mention the amazing bargains and superb special offers on the day....

All you need to do is book to say you are coming!

See you there!

Carlsburg don't do DJ events, but if they did - they would be just like this!

discomobiledj
28-12-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm very tempted....

Excalibur
28-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh bum! :( :( 400 mile round trip. Looks unlikely at this moment in time.
(Goes off to check lottery tickets, appointment book, and back of sofa. )

Mark Wild
28-12-2008, 08:02 PM
740 mile round trip from here in sunny Glasgow, any shows happen up here in God's country?

DJmissbehaving
28-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Would love to but thats way too far to travel for me.....definately going to the next one providing its closer

Tom
28-12-2008, 11:25 PM
I might go to this one. Went to last one ans had a good time. Met up with some forum members. Was a laugh.

Will need to see what funds I have. Just spent a rather large sum of money about 20 minutes ago. :(. lol

Excalibur
29-12-2008, 12:49 AM
I might go to this one. Went to last one ans had a good time. Met up with some forum members. Was a laugh.

Will need to see what funds I have. Just spent a rather large sum of money about 20 minutes ago. :(. lol

I appear to have spent a large sum of money EVERY twenty minutes this year! :eek: Reckon I could bankrupt the taxman next year. :D

Tom
29-12-2008, 01:17 AM
I appear to have spent a large sum of money EVERY twenty minutes this year! :eek: Reckon I could bankrupt the taxman next year. :D

Every 20 mintues. Or would it be small amounts which add up to a large one??? lol.

Would that money be replacing drivers in the class-d speakers??? But then again having said that, Class-D replace the drivers for free? So what on earth are you spending your money on. :eek: :confused: :D

Dont forget what we had aranged. ;) :D

Excalibur
29-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Every 20 mintues. Or would it be small amounts which add up to a large one??? lol.

Would that money be replacing drivers in the class-d speakers??? But then again having said that, Class-D replace the drivers for free? So what on earth are you spending your money on. :eek: :confused: :D

Dont forget what we had aranged. ;) :D

Class-D have cost me naff all in repairs. It's you lot selling gear at bargain prices that's the problem. ;) You're first on the list for new year mate. :D

Tom
29-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Class-D have cost me naff all in repairs. It's you lot selling gear at bargain prices that's the problem. ;) You're first on the list for new year mate. :D

You can't beat a bargin. lol.

Good good. I wasnt naggin btw. :)

OllieJames
29-12-2008, 08:48 AM
47.6 miles each way! :D

I'M WORKING THAT DAY THOUGH :( Ahh well, more money towards Denons :D:D

Corabar Steve
29-12-2008, 09:07 AM
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

OllieJames
29-12-2008, 10:10 AM
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

:sorry:

Charlie Brown
29-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm really interested in this:) and in the process of persuading dad to take me. If not I will get the train down:)

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-12-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm really interested in this:) and in the process of persuading dad to take me. If not I will get the train down:)

I'm pretty sure I'll be going with one or two of my lads. When you know, PM me your mobile and we'll arrange to meet. :)

(If you like!)

jamesh
29-12-2008, 11:19 PM
I should be going and as long as at least one of the tailored cloths has arrived by then (either the standard or the full LED version) the deckstand booth will be there too!!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I should be going and as long as at least one of the tailored cloths has arrived by then (either the standard or the full LED version) the deckstand booth will be there too!!!!

Do you want me to bring the pars with me? (Not sure you're still talking to me after the 'made in a shed' comment. :o

jamesh
29-12-2008, 11:57 PM
ohhhh yes please darren... and yep dont be daft im still talking to you :D it was constructive criticism of how you saw things (even if they were wrong lol! :D :D :D)

Just had allot on these past few weeks with xmas and everything! Slowly getting things back on track!

Will be good to catch up.

spin mobile disco
30-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Would love to go but not sure as to my health yet. But if get over al thi lot I have ill give it a go.

Corabar Steve
30-12-2008, 07:49 AM
:sorry:

It wasn't just aimed at you :sj:

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-12-2008, 08:41 AM
ohhhh yes please darren... and yep dont be daft im still talking to you :D it was constructive criticism of how you saw things (even if they were wrong lol! :D :D :D)

Just had allot on these past few weeks with xmas and everything! Slowly getting things back on track!

Will be good to catch up.

Indeed. :beer1:

I apologise for my shed comment - it didn't come over how I wanted and did look a tad harsh. :o

Adam_F
30-12-2008, 10:38 AM

Looks like I might be making the trip too then!

PropellerHeadCase
30-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I may try and make it - is there anything in the area that the wife and kids might find interesting?

jamesh
30-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Indeed. :beer1:

I apologise for my shed comment - it didn't come over how I wanted and did look a tad harsh. :o

ha ha don't worry darren it was ok - no problemo... did call in the boys as it was christmas :P:P:D:D:P:P

Looks like I might be making the trip too then!

Sounds like a good plan to me :D

I may try and make it - is there anything in the area that the wife and kids might find interesting?

Free food and drink..... ??? Might make them a little more interested :beer1: :D

Danno13
30-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Unfortunatley the 3rd musketeer/dream team member/hanger on/groupie.. can't make it as I'm in Barcelona from 7th - 12th!

OllieJames
31-12-2008, 07:58 AM
can't make it as I'm in Barcelona from 7th - 12th!

Poor you! :p:D:D

Corabar Entertainment
31-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I may try and make it - is there anything in the area that the wife and kids might find interesting?Depends really. What do they find interesting? :p

I suspect there's a fair chance we'll be there. :D

One Vision
31-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Flipping heck, I cant go to that one as we are having our forum bird excibition up at Stock on Trent the same day

daz226
03-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Total Distance: 112.33 mile(s) (180.78km), about: 2 hour(s) 34 minute(s)

Happy days looks like ill be there few hours up the road

BossmanKaraokeDisco
05-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Definately gonna pop down, where do you book to say that you are coming? :eek:

CRS1.com
06-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Wow thanks for this thread Darren my boy, good hit!

Anyway it would be great to see all of you on the day.

We could even arrange a MDDF table if you would like!

Well worth the trip and bring the family as we always look after the kids...:)

It looks like being another incredible day as this year we have had more pre-registrations than in other years but we will always welcome more people just turning up...
The only reason for pre-registering is that we need to know an approximate number for the amount of Beer and food we buy. One year we almost ran out of Bud... I had to pop down to tesco and get some more!

Anyway see you all THIS Sunday... Argghhh it always creeps up on me every year!

Please go to www.mobileDJshow.com and post a yes we'll be there post anywhere on the site.

Thanks again all.....

PS - Did I also mention that there will be some fantastic deals on the day too.

BOSE will be in attendance with some fantastic on the day only deals!

Oh and Prolight have told me that they are bringing no less than 5 prototypes for DJ's comments and approval!!!!

daz226
06-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Wow thanks for this thread Darren my boy, good hit!

Anyway it would be great to see all of you on the day.

Well worth the trip and bring the family as we always look after the kids...:)

It looks like being another incredible day as this year we have had more pre-registrations than in other years but we will always welcome more people just turning up...
The only reason for pre-registering is that we need to know an approximate number for the amount of Beer and food we buy. One year we almost ran out of Bud... I had to pop down to tesco and get some more!

Anyway see you all THIS Sunday... Argghhh it always creeps up on me every year!

Please go to www.mobileDJshow.com and post a yes we'll be there post anywhere on the site.

Thanks again all.....

PS - Did I also mention that there will be some fantastic deals on the day too.

BOSE will be in attendance with some fantastic on the day only deals!

Oh and Prolight have told me that they are bringing no less than 5 prototypes for DJ's comments and approval!!!!

where do we post????????

Corabar Steve
06-01-2009, 08:07 AM
http://mobiledjshow.com/v2/?p=4
Here I'd guess

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-01-2009, 08:34 AM
So, who's going then?

Anyone want to meet?

Adam_F
06-01-2009, 03:49 PM
So, who's going then?

Anyone want to meet?

Think me & James are popping along, so guess our paths will cross at the bar ;)

welby
06-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I am going - not far from me

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Think me & James are popping along, so guess our paths will cross at the bar ;)

I need to offload a box of parcans on James too that he hasn't picked up yet...:mad: Anyone would think he's been busy. :D

Adam_F
06-01-2009, 04:33 PM
I need to offload a box of parcans on James too that he hasn't picked up yet...:mad: Anyone would think he's been busy. :D

I think he has, its hard work drinking all night, and sleeping all day. Feel sorry for him sometimes :D

jamesh
06-01-2009, 04:45 PM
ha ha now now children play nicely!!! :boxer2: lol

and sorry thought i'd take a bit of time out over xmas and new year where work was officially banned! :D so was only my first day back yesterday :D so feeling refreshed and energised ready for 2009... :D

But yep will be there and with the Deckstand booth too....

Sadly the tailored cloth still hasn't turned up as yet BUT there's still time before the weekend and if nothing more i can show off the frame for build quality and get more ideas and feedback etc...

Going to pop out tomorrow to see if i can get some cloth just to show what it looks like covered although it wont be tailored in time... and sure most people know what a covered deckstand looks like lol! :bang: But will see.

Adam_F
06-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Going to pop out tomorrow to see if i can get some cloth just to show what it looks like covered although it wont be tailored in time... and sure most people know what a covered deckstand looks like lol! :bang: But will see.

I've got enough yellow fur left from my camper van project! That'd give it a different edge for the show!

jamesh
06-01-2009, 04:50 PM
ha ha maybe as an optional extra! :D

OR maybe i could kit out the back of the van! Oh yeah baby!

CRS1.com
06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
But yep will be there and with the Deckstand booth too....

Sadly the tailored cloth still hasn't turned up as yet BUT there's still time before the weekend and if nothing more i can show off the frame for build quality and get more ideas and feedback etc...

Be good to feel the quality and the weight of the stand!

I've got enough yellow fur left from my camper van project! That'd give it a different edge for the show!

Now there's a thought..... Thinking about it YES the fur stand MUST HAPPEN what an eye catching attraction!

Penfold42
06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
So, who's going then?

Anyone want to meet?

Yep......Milky Way and I will be making the journey.......but i've met you.....:D

.....and if the foods free, he should stop nicking yours.........:sj:

....so......I've got a seat or two free if someone want's a lift.....:)

Is there a prize for furthest travelled........:sofa:

Jiggles
06-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Come up and get me then :D

Penfold42
06-01-2009, 08:23 PM

It would be a pleasure if I was going that way........

...we really need to invade Scotland one weekend.........:D :D :D :D

...without you lot kicking our butts......:D :D :D :D

Jiggles
06-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Hmm We need a DJ show thingamy bob up here...

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Hmm We need a DJ show thingamy bob up here...

You needs some DJs up there first :boxer2: :D :sofa:

Penfold42
06-01-2009, 08:31 PM
...or why not start with a bike show.......:eek:

Tom
06-01-2009, 08:40 PM
I wont be able to go now. :( (some of you can cheer now :))

Car is leaking brake fluid all over the place. Car is not safe to drive at all and can only be fixed on Sunday.

Hope you all have a god day. :)

Jiggles
06-01-2009, 08:43 PM

Me, Shaun, Callum A, Grahame, dmckaraoke, DJmissbehaving too name a few. :D

...or why not start with a bike show.......:eek:

:Coat: :taxi: :no:

jamesh
06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
It would be a pleasure if I was going that way........

...we really need to invade Scotland one weekend.........:D :D :D :D

...without you lot kicking our butts......:D :D :D :D

ha ha will possible be doing another invasion into Edinburgh in Feb!!! Just trying to confirm details at the moment!

Grahame Case
06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
ha ha will possible be doing another invasion into Edinburgh in Feb!!! Just trying to confirm details at the moment!

oooh JamesH, that has to be a forum meet up!

will you bring your Booth to demo?

and Callum - you forgot Brad (Blitz)

Penfold42
06-01-2009, 09:25 PM

:cool:

Jiggles
06-01-2009, 09:44 PM

and Callum - you forgot Brad (Blitz)

Woops Sorry Brad! Also Sound master as well :D

Grahame Case
06-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Woops Sorry Brad! Also Sound master as well :D

oh Yes - Gary, forgot about him :p

Adam_F
06-01-2009, 10:35 PM

Yes, that would go with him, along with me too!

Shakermaker Promotions
06-01-2009, 10:41 PM
I would have liked to have made this but I am working.

...and it's only an hour away.

jamesh
06-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Will post more on the scottish invasion once i know more info in the next 2 weeks but it should be going aheadif all goes to plan just waiting for the contract back and if all goes well i'll be driving up in the groovy boogie bus with the deckstand booth, a van load of kit oh and 4 or 5 DJ's :D Bring on the party :D

But back on topic i will 100% have the deckstand booth frame with me at the show this weekend... just still awaiting the tailored cloths and star cloth to arrive... I really hope it does before the weekend!

Excalibur
06-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Yep......Milky Way and I will be making the journey.......but i've met you.....:D

.....and if the foods free, he should stop nicking yours.........:sj:

Your turn to pick me up then. ;) :D

Miaooooooow.

Car is leaking brake fluid all over the place. Car is not safe to drive at all and can only be fixed on Sunday.

Shame. Tom, I didn't realise we were having a religious interlude as well. :p :D

Tom
07-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Shame. Tom, I didn't realise we were having a religious interlude as well. :p :D

Whoops. I have done it again with my spelling. I do check what I have written but some how, I still get it wrong. lol.

CRS1.com
07-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Could be if you want, packet of travel sweets or someting better!:D

Most mileage from home to show as per Multimap should do!

Easy - Fix the car in the morning.....

We don't open til 2pm & close at 6 after the Free Mega Prize Draw....

Now that is a good idea!:)

Tom
08-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Would if I could. Car is being fixed at 12 but also having a few other parts fitted aswell so could take 3-4 hours at the most. After that, its an hour and a bit drive so would only be there for an hour. :(

Will be there for the next one though. :)

Corabar Steve
09-01-2009, 07:40 AM

That would be nice. Cheers Clive! :sj:

CRS1.com
09-01-2009, 09:18 AM
That would be nice. Cheers Clive! :sj:

No Problem, you are more than welcome - but if you don't mind, could you bring your own table cloth (6'x3' table) and any Literature, Banner, Backdrop, etc. Make it as professional as you can and it will attract more members etc.

I really must advertise (a banner or something) on this forum too, I will not have much time to chat on Sunday but it will happen soon! I will speak to Darren when the dust has settled.

Corabar Steve
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Not sure we'll have time to organise much, but we may come up with something.

SHAUN! :sj:

Penfold42
09-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Could be if you want, packet of travel sweets or someting better!:D

:lol:......:D :D

Well that will keep Milky Way happy......:p

PropellerHeadCase
09-01-2009, 11:23 PM
So, whose phone numbers do I need for Sunday?

Penfold42
09-01-2009, 11:40 PM

PM sent :)

Tom
09-01-2009, 11:49 PM
PM not sent as I dont think I will be there. Plus you don't need it anyway. lol.

We will see If I can go. Depends on how quick the car can get fixed.

Corabar Steve
10-01-2009, 08:29 AM

PM sent :)

Tony knows most folks from the forum who'll be there he can act as your guide :sj:

PropellerHeadCase
10-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Andromeda and the Hitchhikers Guide to the MDD Galaxy of Stars?

Excalibur
10-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Andromeda and the Hitchhikers Guide to the MDD Galaxy of Stars?

Don't panic! ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
11-01-2009, 01:55 AM
I may or may not have a picture of my avatar on my chest. Depends on how cold it is :sj:

Excalibur
11-01-2009, 07:25 AM
I may or may not have a picture of my avatar on my chest. Depends on how cold it is :sj:

Well the Arctic Tundra I drove through last night looks like England on a damp autumnal morning. :eek: The Polar Bears have waved goodbye, and I shan't need to get an "Ice Road Truckers" T-shirt. :(

Adam_F
11-01-2009, 09:33 AM

Well if it is cold, why not have the picture on your t-shirt instead? I'd say its probably too cold to go out bare chested :D

Corabar Steve
11-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Alright smartarse, I knew somebody would pick up on that & I thought you'd know better. It's quite a thin t shirt, hence the depending on the weather comment. (Mind you, I've been told I look like it anyway, so those of you who haven't already met me should look for a non-red, less horny version)

Penfold42
11-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Allan's just texted me....he's already there......:eek: :sj:

Corabar Steve
11-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Keen isn't he! Either that, or he didn't read the thread properly :sj:

Penfold42
11-01-2009, 10:36 AM
..or maybe he thought Clive was doing a breakfast bar......:D :D :D :D :D :D

welby
11-01-2009, 12:05 PM
A bit late but.....

Heading out from Northampton in 30 mins if anyone wants a lift? Roadie has a migraine! hmmmm to much pop methinks!

Right I'm off. Hope to meet some of you...

PropellerHeadCase
11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Not so much keen as the kids were well behaved so the drive didn't take as long as expected :D Nice meeting those of you I did before the kids' misbehaviour overtook us and we hade to take off. :D

Tom
11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Just got in from the show. Was good to see some members and meet some new ones also. :)

Got a few pictures of the show, so will post up shortly.

Having a good old chinwag with Darren about the sound. and have to admit the Bose sound system did sound nice but only at a low volume.

Prolight had some new lights out, same as American DJ. DMC Never showed but hey ho.

Plenty of free food which was very nice and lots of free drink. :D

Penfold42
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Yep....thanks Clive. :)

Good show and the sausage sarnies were spot on....:D :D :D :D

Still not liking the Bose......:p

Spirits High
11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Yep....thanks Clive. :)

You're a proper pikey getting sunday dinner from Clive :D :D

Shame I missed this one it sounded like a good 'un, oh well from May I can go to whatever ones I want ;)

Penfold42
11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
You're a proper pikey getting sunday dinner from Clive :D :D
Not me you bone head........:p :D

Shame I missed this one it sounded like a good 'un, oh well from May I can go to whatever ones I want ;)

Yeah if you can get someone to give you a lift....:p :D

Spirits High
11-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Not me you bone head........:p :D

Yeah if you can get someone to give you a lift....:p :D

I'm a bone head?? Have you looked in the mirror lately :p :p :D :D :D :D

As for a lift, I know someone with a horse and cart :D

Excalibur
11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Now now you two! Set a good example to our younger readers. ;)
Excellent day, will definitely make a point of going again next year, and I expect to drive, So Tony can have a sarnie and a can of pop himself. :D

Corabar Steve
11-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Good to see you all again, shame it's always so long in between meets.

Those sausages were nice & if the chap who came into the kitchen just after I'd swiped the last bacon roll & enquired "Is that bacon I can smell?" to which my reply was "Not any more" is reading this, sorry mate, but you did leave it a bit late. (if it's any consolation, I do feel a bit guilty)

Thanks to Clive & the crew for a great day (even if all the prizes did seem to go to kids), I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Clive, I'll drop that motor off to you ASAP (or the next time I'm in the area).

Tom
11-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks Tony for the bag. Perfect and also thanks to Peter. :)

Corabar Steve
11-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks Tony for the bag.

Same here :HappySteve:

CRS1.com
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Well what can I say apart from THANK YOU to you all!

And thanks for all the kind comments and it was great to see "most" of you............

A lot of people came form a long distance and I would like to hope it was worth it for you all.

It was by far the busiest show for attendees we have had to date, and again whilst not the best attended by all the manufacturers we deal with we certainly all had a very good day!

The excellent manufacturers we had were absolutely spot on and I thank them all again for their hard work and support.

I especially liked James-H's booth... I will gladly become a dealer for them very soon, if he'll have me of course!
Not sure I am bold enough for bright yellow fur one for myself, but it was a good display!

It will be good to see what you all thought and if there is anyway we can make it better for you next time?

Remarkably it was the very first time it didn't rain.... and it even warmed up a bit too! [Bonus!]

I am now putting the shop back together and i have found that I still have some stock left so if you missed out on a bargain and regret it, or you need anything else don't forget to call!

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy you bargains! Don't forget that although they were at special prices we always honour the gaurantees and the CR warrantees are always the best around!

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Having a good old chinwag with Darren about the sound. and have to admit the Bose sound system did sound nice but only at a low volume.

I have nearly changed my mind about this now...:eek:

Still not liking the Bose......:p

I am.

Agreed about the sausage sarnies though. :thumbsup:

Thanks to Clive & the crew for a great day (even if all the prizes did seem to go to kids)

:whistle:

jamesh
12-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Well I think i've just about recovered! Cheers for a great show clive and was great to catch up with everyone and a great show - couldn't have been planned any better in my eyes!... and really sorry for those that i didn't get chance to speak to for too long - it was great to be in demand ;) ... oh and sorry to anyone if i got your name wrong - im generally not great with names :eek: :D Was great to put forum names to faces as always and enjoy a beer or 2 not to mention a bacon and sausage sarnie which was to die for!!!!

Overall well worth the drive down - lots to look and talk about which was all made possible by NOISE levels that were VERY VERY Reasonable - in fact they were perfect - you got the odd blast of sound from the odd speaker demo but then it was back to a good background level... perfect for everyone really.

Wasn't too keen on the Kam speakers but other than that it was all pretty good sounding noise :D

I especially liked James-H's booth... I will gladly become a dealer for them very soon, if he'll have me of course!
Not sure I am bold enough for bright yellow fur one for myself, but it was a good display!

Cheers clive... and go on you know you want a honey monster cover ;) :p i was really pleased with the comments and feedback regarding the deckstand booth. For something that i originally had made at a metal work company (not in a shed hey darren :D :p:D ) to my specification as a one off to give me a professional work area for conference and events it's just gone crazy and was great to be able to show the quality and workmanship of it!!! It was just a shame the main tailored covers hadn't arrived in time - but that should be any day now - and well if they had we wouldn't have had chance to show off the fetching yellow fur :cool: - Anyway it shouldn't be long now until it's full steam ahead with production - just need to wait to approve the quality of the tailored cloths and its production time :beer1:

But yeah will be great to have you as a dealer for it clive - as discussed i'll give you a ring as soon as all the info and prices are confirmed - i'll even throw in a honey monster cover for you ;) :eek: :p

Cheers once again to you and all the team for their hard work on the day :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

BossmanKaraokeDisco
12-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Well that was the first time we have visited the show and a big thankyou to all those that put the show on, Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, must have been good cos I ended up spending money lol
Food and drink for free as well, First class, once again Thanks

Dave

rob1963
12-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Glad to hear everyone seemed to have a good time at this show.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend due to work commitments, but hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.

Are there any pics floating around of any forum celebrities?

Excalibur
12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Glad to hear everyone seemed to have a good time at this show.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend due to work commitments, but hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.

Are there any pics floating around of any forum celebrities?

There might have been, if Darren knew how to drive his new phone. :p :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-01-2009, 02:26 PM

I do, but unfortunately the camera isn't as good as my old N95 and they were a bit blurry. :(

Tom
12-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I have nearly changed my mind about this now...:eek:

Was it because I posted what I said??? ;):D Must learn to keep mouth shut.

What has swayed your mind away from them???

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Was it because I posted what I said??? ;):D Must learn to keep mouth shut.

What has swayed your mind away from them???

Nothing - I'm beginning to really like them.

Penfold42
12-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Now now you two! Set a good example to our younger readers. ;)
Shaddup grandad....:boxer2:

Thanks Tony for the bag. Perfect and also thanks to Peter. :)

Same here :HappySteve:
No problem. :)

LMAO.....:D

:jawdrop:

Grahame Case
12-01-2009, 06:48 PM

good man,

it's something you really need to adjust yourself to, i just managed to give myself a headache by setting my one up in my lounge and cranking the volume.

opened doors and went outside to the end of the garden 30 metres away - could hear it clearly.

bet the neighbours loved me.

Excalibur
12-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Less of the Grandad Mr Brown, you're only jealous cos they said you hadn't enough experience to join that association. ;) :p
Great day, many thanks to Clive and the team for all the work. The man's a legend, tried to sell me a Stanton mixer as I walked through the door, while serving three other customers. :D
Thanks to Tony for transport, nice change not to have a steering wheel. :thumbs_up:
Nice to meet and greet a few faces I knew, and a couple I didn't.
Second category, Sandy Sounds ( well spotted Tony) and the Globetrotting Mr Propeller. ( who is much scruffier and more down to earth than he seems on here. :D Sorry I haven't found that literature, I'll ask on here soon)
Said hello fleetingly to Robbie, and even more fleetingly to Carol ( apologies for that :o :( ) Said hello gingerly to Steve, and was relieved to find I'm not on his Hitlist.( Though I could be when I say that he looked a lot better and younger without the stubble) Met Tom and his brother, couldn't fail to miss our illustrious leader, and some of his Posse. :D ( Sorry Lee, great to speak to you. :D )
Was truly impressed (again) with the Bose stand, the man from Bose said it was a good idea to hide a monstrous active sub elsewhere for the grunt, and let the Bose do the fiddly bits.( Seem to remember you asking that Steve)

Definitely going next year, I'll let Tony have two beers then. :D

CRS1.com
12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
The man's a legend, tried to sell me a Stanton mixer as I walked through the door, while serving three other customers. :D

Was truly impressed (again) with the Bose stand...

Definitely going next year, I'll let Tony have two beers then. :D

So cutting to the chase then, that'll be...

One Stanton Mixer

A complete Bose L1 system

and two beers for Tony.....

Where would you like them delivered or would you like to collect?
:D

Always good to see new faces.... and some older ones:p

Legend eh???

Made my day that comment did,:Embarassed: thanks!

Excalibur
12-01-2009, 09:50 PM
You're slipping Clive. :( You missed the thread where Propeller wants a Blue laser. ;)

Jiggles
12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
ITs a shame that it was to far from here. Would of been great to hear the bose! Just have to stick with going and listning to Grahames. :D

Tony Scott
12-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Was truly impressed (again) with the Bose stand, the man from Bose said it was a good idea to hide a monstrous active sub elsewhere for the grunt, and let the Bose do the fiddly bits

More detail on this please Pete...:confused: :)

Excalibur
12-01-2009, 10:26 PM
ITs a shame that it was to far from here. Would of been great to hear the bose! Just have to stick with going and listning to Grahames. :D

It was as usual impressive. Opinion was divided as to how much grunt it had when you need to make the earth move. ;)

More detail on this please Pete...:confused: :)

Mention making the earth move and up he pops. ;) :D Right Tony, I'm sure Steve asked about using other subs to beef up the bottom end on another thread. The man from Bose related a tale about a Bose user who had a residency in a huge venue, and wheeled in an 18" 1kw powered sub, and hid it behind a curtain. This provided some "indiscriminate" thudding, and the Bose supplied the detail over the top. That's it in a nutshell, and not word for word.

CRS1.com
12-01-2009, 11:30 PM
It was as usual impressive. Opinion was divided as to how much grunt it had when you need to make the earth move. ;)

Mention making the earth move and up he pops. ;) :D Right Tony, I'm sure Steve asked about using other subs to beef up the bottom end on another thread. The man from Bose related a tale about a Bose user who had a residency in a huge venue, and wheeled in an 18" 1kw powered sub, and hid it behind a curtain. This provided some "indiscriminate" thudding, and the Bose supplied the detail over the top. That's it in a nutshell, and not word for word.

Please Note:
This is me speaking as a "USER" of the systems (for over a year now) and not just as "Dealer" for Bose products!

The earth moving sub is NOT the market place for the Bose Subs as they are better suited at high class Weddings, Balls, marquee work and Corporate work where STYLE and GREAT sound is more important than "Thudding Subs".

But....

If you need "thudding Sub" then a pair of EV Sb760A's would/and do a great job, I know as I tried them a couple of times in various venues, before I sold them on a display deal last month.

Heavy Sub is not my cup of (rippling) tea I'm affraid as I am mainly posh wedding biased now and have no need for extra heavy thumping Bass.

If anyone is interested, I now use 2 x L1 Model-1 poles and 4 x subs (2 each side) and that is perfect for any venue I have thrown at them and they always sound superb.

I do like this forum as I feel I can still hold my head up high and say...
"Hello My name is Clive and I use a Bose sound system"

sandysounds
12-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Great show...thanks Clive. Why did I think it was an hour down the road from me? 2 and a half hours later.......

Really good to see some old faces and meet some new ones....it also reminded me that I hadn't dropped by here in a long while (gonna start putting that right)

Love JamesH booth! Best bit....the shelving....no need for another table. Also liked the way it folded....less chance of getting pinkies caught in it!

Penfold42
12-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Really good to see some old faces and meet some new ones....it also reminded me that I hadn't dropped by here in a long while (gonna start putting that right)

Jog your memory then.....:p :D

Nice to met you....:)

Always good to see new faces.... and some older ones:p

LMFAO.....about right....:D :D :D :D

Excalibur
13-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Please Note:
This is me speaking as a "USER" of the systems (for over a year now) and not just as "Dealer" for Bose products!

The earth moving sub is NOT the market place for the Bose Subs as they are better suited at high class Weddings, Balls, marquee work and Corporate work where STYLE and GREAT sound is more important than "Thudding Subs".

But....

If you need "thudding Sub" then a pair of EV Sb760A's would/and do a great job, I know as I tried them a couple of times in various venues, before I sold them on a display deal last month.

Heavy Sub is not my cup of (rippling) tea I'm affraid as I am mainly posh wedding biased now and have no need for extra heavy thumping Bass.

If anyone is interested, I now use 2 x L1 Model-1 poles and 4 x subs (2 each side) and that is perfect for any venue I have thrown at them and they always sound superb.

I do like this forum as I feel I can still hold my head up high and say...
"Hello My name is Clive and I use a Bose sound system"
Thanks for that Clive, pretty much what some of us reckoned about the attributes and target market for the Bose.

LMFAO.....about right....:D :D :D :D

How funny. Laugh, I nearly started. :p

welby
13-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi,

my first time at this show and really enjoyed the company. Made some new friends and was great chatting to the exhibitors.

A big thank you to Kam who gave me a free replacement mic because I was berating the fact that they hadn't answered their emails - well done!

Although I didn't make any purchases I took away a couple of ideas for the future.

Thank you Clive for hosting the show and was really impressed when the ladies from the canteen bought out two bacon sarnies because they had run out earlier - so a big thank you to you also!

Where did all those people come from at 5:30pm? :eek:

Will definitely visit again although it was two hours away for me.

Keep up the good work.

CRS1.com
13-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi,

my first time at this show and really enjoyed the company. Made some new friends and was great chatting to the exhibitors.

A big thank you to Kam who gave me a free replacement mic because I was berating the fact that they hadn't answered their emails - well done!

Although I didn't make any purchases I took away a couple of ideas for the future.

Thank you Chris for hosting the show and was really impressed when the ladies from the canteen bought out two bacon sarnies because they had run out earlier - so a big thank you to you also!

Where did all those people come from at 5:30pm? :eek:

Will definitely visit again although it was two hours away for me.

Keep up the good work.

So glad you enjoyed the show, it was my pleasure...

No purchases eh? :eek:

I'll have to try harder next time!:D

Thank you for thanking my son Chris for the show, he was the 6 year old drawing the raffle - I'm Clive and nearly 45, but not to worry we'll see you again soon anyway!;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I'll have to try harder next time!:D

:D :D :D

CRS1.com
13-01-2009, 06:46 PM

Loving that, he's my role model him...

You are a little Booga aren't you!!!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-01-2009, 06:51 PM
One of your Bose poles is on the left of the photo too!

Penfold42
13-01-2009, 06:52 PM

FLMAO.........:D :D :D :D :D :D

Needs a paint job.....:D

Tony Scott
13-01-2009, 11:01 PM

Thanks Pete...:) Confirmed my thoughts on B1's! ;)

CRS1.com
15-01-2009, 12:21 AM

No Darren that is the broom, I sweep up with no hands as I am working!