PDA

View Full Version : e mail query

CRAZY K
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I use a Yahoo box ( rather than Outlook ) for emails and have just received
an email from a potential customer but I cant tell which of my email addresses it was sent to --the customers own email appears in the box which normally shows where it was sent.

I dont know if thats deliberate--its from a hotmail account.

I have several different e mail addresses with a forwarding facility to my main box.

How do I find out the email address it was sent to?

I think my Computer friend solved this problem once before but he is now in Thailand.

Anyone?

thanks in advance,

CRAZY K

kilmeedyman
04-01-2009, 10:51 PM
That is usually the way of hiding the addressees of an email sent to several people at once. If it is, you won't know from the email to which address it was sent, I'm afraid.

Marc J
05-01-2009, 10:28 AM
That is usually the way of hiding the addressees of an email sent to several people at once. If it is, you won't know from the email to which address it was sent, I'm afraid.

That's not correct. You'll always be able to find out which email address you received it to. If the sender bcc'd it to everyone you won't see who else got it - but you'll always be able to see which address it came to you on.

All you need to do is view the full headers of the email, or the "Message Source" in Outlook / Outlook Express. I've spoken to Crazy K and that's exactly what he did - problem solved :)

CRAZY K
05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
That's not correct. You'll awlays be able to find out which email address you received it to. If the sender bcc'd it to everyone you won't see who else got it - but you'll always be able to see which address it came to you on.

All you need to do is view the full headers of the email, or the "Message Source" in Outlook / Outlook Express. I've spoken to Crazy K and that's exactly what he did - problem solved :)

Thanks Marc
:thumbs_up:

regards

CRAZY K