PDA

View Full Version : Numark DJ IO

Reminisce disco
05-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone use or have used a Numark DJ IO? I have been looking at getting one and wondered if anyone has any experience of them. If not what is a better alternative?

Cheers, Andy.

deltic
06-01-2009, 07:56 AM
have a word with mike at phase one,he did a video of it.

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=2455

DiscoPromotions
12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Myself and Si use this card and it is absolutely a superb piece of kit. Recommend if you are using any DJ Controllers

DJMaxG
21-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone use or have used a Numark DJ IO? I have been looking at getting one and wondered if anyone has any experience of them. If not what is a better alternative?

Cheers, Andy.

There are many soundcards on the Market. It depends how many channels you want. If you just need 2 outputs from a PC/Mac, then the DJ IO is the one to go for.

If you need inputs for timecoded CD or Vinyl decks, then you'll need something like the Rane SL1, SL3, or the Native Instruments interface, depending on the software.

For Virtual DJ / Cue / PCDJ, The Numark DJ IO is definately the best one to go for, you can get soundcards for £30.00, but nowhere near the same quality.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-04-2009, 07:57 AM
For Virtual DJ / Cue / PCDJ, The Numark DJ IO is definately the best one to go for

How can you say definitely the best one to go for? Perhaps you could put in your opinion as there are a lot of others who use Maya, Echo and Gigaport who would disagree.

Adam_F
21-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I personally find the American Audio Versa Port is a great choice for people on a budget. Two stereo INS, two stereo OUTS, level controls, mic input, headphone out and a built in phono pre-amp, plus it's cheaper than the IO too!

DJMaxG
21-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I personally find the American Audio Versa Port is a great choice for people on a budget. Two stereo INS, two stereo OUTS, level controls, mic input, headphone out and a built in phono pre-amp, plus it's cheaper than the IO too!

I Totally Agree, Great Product. However, the DJ IO I believe is a tougher build, smaller (fits in small spaces) basic input/output. You could probably drive a car over it.

I Think PCDJ Use the Versaport for their £2,500 00DJ Laptop, so it must be good :)

DJMaxG
21-04-2009, 11:57 AM
How can you say definitely the best one to go for? Perhaps you could put in your opinion as there are a lot of others who use Maya, Echo and Gigaport who would disagree.

No good if you need inputs for time code, but the majority of Atomix users will only want 2 X Outputs, so the IO is ideal.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-04-2009, 12:04 PM
No good if you need inputs for time code, but the majority of Atomix users will only want 2 X Outputs, so the IO is ideal.

No-one mentioned time code apart from you as far as I can see.

Adam_F
21-04-2009, 12:05 PM
I Totally Agree, Great Product. However, the DJ IO I believe is a tougher build, smaller (fits in small spaces) basic input/output. You could probably drive a car over it.

I Think PCDJ Use the Versaport for their £2,500 00DJ Laptop, so it must be good :)

Having both side by side on my desk at the moment, build quality wise, they both feel the same.

The DJ IO is designed slightly better for life on the road however, as the casing over-hangs on either side, keeping the RCA connections protected if dropped, where-as on the Versaport if you dropped it you've got the risk on damaging the RCAs.

DJMaxG
21-04-2009, 12:08 PM
No-one mentioned time code apart from you as far as I can see.
If it's just 2 channels you need, the IO is fine.

YouTube - Numark DJ io Soundcard Review