PDA

View Full Version : CD Player/Mixer

milo
06-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Just wondering if anyone has, or can help me find, a duel CD player/mixer? Something cheap and cheerful like the Numark mix 1 or mix 2 (not sure what the difference is). It’s going to stay fixed in the DJ booth at my new kids bar. If anyone has a spare backup they want to sell or can recommend a place to look it would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

Milo

discomobiledj
06-01-2009, 08:10 AM
look at www.whybuynew.com or www.electromarket.co.uk

milo
06-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Actually - What is the bets one to go for? I don’t want to spend more than £150.00, so I’m starting my search on eBay and there seems to be a few. KAM, Citronic, Numark. What is the bets I can be bought on a low budget/second hand (but good condition)?

For those of you who don’t know – My skill level is at 0 and at the moment I’m literally sticking a play list together on VDJ, so easy for beginners would be good.

Corabar Steve
06-01-2009, 08:17 AM
If it's a fixed installation, why does it need to be an all in one unit?

Racking separate units will give you more flexibility & if one bit goes wrong, you only need to repair / replace the bit that's knackered.

It may also work out cheaper.

milo
06-01-2009, 08:23 AM
look at www.whybuynew.com or www.electromarket.co.uk

WBN are out of stock on most stuff and the other link aren't that cheap - BTW whybuynew are .co.uk (just incase anyone else is using the link):)

milo
06-01-2009, 08:26 AM
If it's a fixed installation, why does it need to be an all in one unit?

Racking separate units will give you more flexibility & if one bit goes wrong, you only need to repair / replace the bit that's knackered.

It may also work out cheaper.

I’m just not really sure what I’m looking for/need – With an all in one unit it will be easy to use as a back up for mobile and can be put in taken out easily.

I’m finding it hard enough getting the right all in one unit… imagine if I were looking for several things. :eek:

milo
06-01-2009, 08:29 AM
There is a Numark CD1MIX on eBay for £100.00, but the guy doesn’t have much recent feedback and the feedback he does have from 2006 is a bit hit and miss.

But….That is the kind of thing/price I’m looking for.

milo
06-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Now I’m confused – The Numark CD MIX 3 is compatible with MP3 and that’s why it’s more expensive? Presumably I can plug my laptop into any of the CD mixers and play both MP3 and CD? Does this just refer to MP3 format on a CD? I’m lost!

Also – The KMX 01 allows you to do karaoke and is only £200.00 with free delivery – I was going to do something like SingStar using the PS (since it’s just for kids in a fixed location), but is it worth getting a Karaoke unit and will it give me the ability to use two CD decks, my laptop and CD+G? Then there is the KMX 02, which looks the same except it has an echo feature and can play CD-R (I thought they would all play CD-R), but this is an extra £70.00.

What should I do? I’m lost!

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-01-2009, 09:07 AM
By the looks of it, it just plays standard CDs and Mp3 CDs. If there is a spare or switchable line then you can plug your laptop into that.

discomobiledj
06-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Numark CDN 22 (http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/New-B-Stock-Numark-CDN22MK4-CD-Player.html) £99.95

Numark CDN225 (http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/CDN-225-Numark-CDN225-Dual-CD-Player.html) £99.95

KAM KCDJMP3100 (http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/Kam-KCDMP3100-Dual-CD-&-MP3-Player.html) £129.99

American Audio DCD-PRO310 (http://www.electromarket.co.uk/pp/CD_Players/American_Audio_DCD-PRO310_Dual_DJ_CD_Player_DCDPRO310.html) £148.81

All these will be fine, I use the KAM cd players on my setup.

Jonathan Ford
06-01-2009, 09:31 AM
DB Sound and Light (think the web address is ukdj.co.uk) often have some decent pre-owned stuff for not much money.

Pe7e
06-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Now I’m confused – The Numark CD MIX 3 is compatible with MP3 and that’s why it’s more expensive? Presumably I can plug my laptop into any of the CD mixers and play both MP3 and CD? Does this just refer to MP3 format on a CD? I’m lost!

You can connect your laptop to any of the CDMix range or a pair of turntables if you want. The CDMix3 plays MP3 files from a CD and will display files and folders, but if you have a laptop to plug in, why bother spending the extra £60 or so. The CDMix2 is a better choice than the CDMix1 due to the inbuilt buffered memory Anti-Shock.

milo
06-01-2009, 11:14 AM
You can connect your laptop to any of the CDMix range or a pair of turntables if you want. The CDMix3 plays MP3 files from a CD and will display files and folders, but if you have a laptop to plug in, why bother spending the extra £60 or so. The CDMix2 is a better choice than the CDMix1 due to the inbuilt buffered memory Anti-Shock.

Ok, now we’re talking so why choose the CD MIX 2 over the KMX 01?

ppentertainments
06-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Kmix has karaoke facilities built in. Good if you do a lot of karaoke but the main drawback is it does take a bit longer to load discs.

Word of warning - I have had 3 Numark 'mixmachines', as backup, and after a few months they have all developed problems reading discs. Could just be me being unlucky ??

PropellerHeadCase
06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
CDMIX3 plays audio and MP3 CDs, if you are using outboard equipment (laptop, other digital player, CD-player, etc.) the CDMIX3 doesn't care about the format you play on that unit as that unit outputs to audio which the CDMIX3 receives via RCA.