PDA

View Full Version : Jingles, Drops, Sweepers - software?

welby
07-01-2009, 08:18 AM
HI all,

I have just created a couple of "jingles" using audiocity software and was wondering what you guys and girls use for creating these things.

I know some of you loath them but I just find it facinating creating something that sounds to me, so cool.

I am also looking for royalty free voice samples, especially the alphabet. I have numbers, but having a disco called VIP it should be easy to create a jingle if I had a pre-made alphabet. I could create, my own but can't seem to get the "professional" result I'm looking for.

One thing I notice is that I hate the sound of my own voice so I apply quite a lot of processing to disguise it. lol :D

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

OllieJames
07-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I use ProTools 7.4 for music production.

I do make jingles, but mainly use protools for mixing sessions from the studio i work at. I made jingles for internet radios for a while, got a couple played on excite FM in Spain, and some jingles i had done the production for on BBC Radio Essex :)

djsteve10
07-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I always definatley hire a professional voiceover artist to carry out my work that I need for the internet radio station.

OllieJames
07-01-2009, 07:16 PM
I always definatley hire a professional voiceover artist to carry out my work that I need for the internet radio station.

I assume you use RPC? So many net stations use them!

My friend who makes jingles for FM stations is friends with the voiceover guy from RPC, which is good, because i'm being given all the tips! :D

Jiggles
07-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Pifft I just use Peter D!ckson if I need any :D Nothing like a known voice :D

Tony Scott
07-01-2009, 09:05 PM
I use Cooledit-pro2 for all editing and music production work and record my own dynamic, clear, totally awsome voice for jingles! :D :D

ScottThompson
07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
It really depends on what type of sweepers like adding filters or some of the fancy effects that Audacity doesn't provide I suggest you use something along the lines of "Cool Edit Pro 2." I used to make sweepers and station indents along the same route of Ollie James, I personally use Adobe Audition 3. The program is FANTASTIC! but it can be tricky to use, have you used any editing software before? If you need any "dry liners" spoken out I will happily do these for you.
If you feel you don't want your own voice in your voiceover if it's for your personal use I would recommend you use someone along the like of Peter D!ckson (that’s if you have the money) but for £7.99 you can use RPC they are a fantastic company and are the perfect voice for your station/disco (if you use liners at your disco.) If you need any more information please feel free to send me a PM and I can try and assist you where I can.

nigelwright7557
07-01-2009, 10:23 PM
I picked up my jingles CD off ebay.
Its got the usual announcements on that a DJ would require.
I used one on my website.

DazzyD
08-01-2009, 08:39 PM
I have several SFX/Drop-in/Jingle CDs which I sometimes use.

For the personalised stuff, I use a combination of Audacity and CoolEdit Pro along with a suite of audio tools that I've had for years (free off a computer mag cover disc!).

However, I tend to use these more for stage work as, for the DJing, I've grown confident in using my own voice (but I used to hate the sound of it over the mic!).